Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:34:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange asian registrations...  (Read 195 times)
BenGarth (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 02:32:02 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

We got a large number of registrations at our crypto exchange from India, Bangladesh and other asian states.
All of them input their emails, phones, names etc.

But we found their complete inadequacy during personal phone talkings.

All this traffic goes from Google Ads -- so they go to our site from Google search.

We can't see the reason of such a process -- to register (2 steps), but deny having done it.

Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 06:39:32 PM

You can't put blame on those guys who have completed their registration on your exchange. Expecting quality traders just by making promotion through google isn't a wise step.

Sometimes people get interested to sign up after watching lucrative promotional ads but start trading on that platform is another thing. Most of the traders have got multiple trading account on different exchanges but usually they like to use one or two exchange as their trading destination. So in this case you can't call them that they are not professional trader. Basically traders are always careful about their account verification or 2FA. Sometimes they don't feel it necessary to complete 2FA where maybe they are enough determined that they will not gonna trade here or use this account. But its true that some new crypo users or traders could make this mistake because they have little knowledge about their account security.

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:11:22 PM

Are you running an affiliate scheme right now? They could be looking to boost their affiliate count.

Other than that there are a lot of exchange scrapers out there, maybe an exchange tracking platform opened multiple accounts so it could track all your trade pairs without exceeding the API limit.
demure

Activity: 115
Merit: 23

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:17:53 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

For every site redirection from google adsense you paying money to google.

You also have a lot of business competitors on crypto exchange market.

There is a black competition trick which idea is to hire a few tenths of asian people which will registering on your site thousands times per months by CLICKING ONLY ADSENSE LINK. So that you pay to google a lot money for fake clients. E.g. for nothing. This also force you to stop promoting your exchange on google at all and you can lost real potential clients because of that.

Its just black SEO competition.

I am experienced web developer and can help you with protection from it. I have previously developed protection scripts from such type of fake customers attacks and adsense link abuse. It will costs but less then you loosing with adsense.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3633

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 08:35:58 AM

As long as this increase occurs abnormally, it means that a third party is doing it.
As for the reason of being from India and East Asian countries, I also noticed that when I bought followers, I get a lot of them from those countries. I think it's easy to get a phone number or the low cost of such attacks.

You should use several filters that reduce these attacks and you can block some public VPN IP.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AriBitcoin

Activity: 214
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 12:04:00 PM

I also had a similar issue with one of my client websites. The solution was to implement http://proxycheck.io/. Also, even if ProxyCheck does not detect these users, you can also flag their whole IP blocks and even ASN ranges - very effective.
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 01:01:46 PM

You should use several filters that reduce these attacks and you can block some public VPN IP.
Yeah based on website owners interest developers could provide the feature of IP blocking, country restriction, IP blacklist which gonna help to get rid off unwanted registrants issue.

By integrating those feature website owners could get registrants only from their desired areas.

▄██████████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 02:12:35 AM

country restriction

While this is an alternative, it might make it difficult for real users to use the OP service. Unless they really feel that there is no real user who their service from there, I'd not recommend. Adding proxy check or captcha check is probably a better option.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 03:13:06 AM

What I've seen around the forum, is a lot of activity that comes from Asia (mostly 3rd world places), are of low quality and are just people looking to make a quick dollar.

From recent forum events, I've seen that a large portion of accounts here are owned by people like the ones you are talking about, and often deal in shady ways (abusing multiple accounts, shitposting, scamming, selling account). I've seen a lot of them abuse bounty campaigns and signature campaigns run by not as careful managers.

I'm assuming you started doing google promotions, and also offered an affiliate-based type promotion? That's probably why so many people signed up, they are probably planning to make alternative accounts and farm the affiliate promotions.

You could try filter traffic from that area, or just block that region fully, I've always been under the impression that the region has never had a very important market that you could capitalize off anyway.

BenGarth (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:34:09 AM

For every site redirection from google adsense you paying money to google.

You also have a lot of business competitors on crypto exchange market.

There is a black competition trick which idea is to hire a few tenths of asian people which will registering on your site thousands times per months by CLICKING ONLY ADSENSE LINK. So that you pay to google a lot money for fake clients. E.g. for nothing. This also force you to stop promoting your exchange on google at all and you can lost real potential clients because of that.

Its just black SEO competition.

I am experienced web developer and can help you with protection from it. I have previously developed protection scripts from such type of fake customers attacks and adsense link abuse. It will costs but less then you loosing with adsense.

It looks interesting.
BTW, what's Your native language?
BenGarth (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:51:37 AM

What I've seen around the forum, is a lot of activity that comes from Asia (mostly 3rd world places), are of low quality and are just people looking to make a quick dollar.

From recent forum events, I've seen that a large portion of accounts here are owned by people like the ones you are talking about, and often deal in shady ways (abusing multiple accounts, shitposting, scamming, selling account). I've seen a lot of them abuse bounty campaigns and signature campaigns run by not as careful managers.

I'm assuming you started doing google promotions, and also offered an affiliate-based type promotion? That's probably why so many people signed up, they are probably planning to make alternative accounts and farm the affiliate promotions.

You could try filter traffic from that area, or just block that region fully, I've always been under the impression that the region has never had a very important market that you could capitalize off anyway.

Thanks for Your answer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: