Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:07:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with API Coinbase  (Read 209 times)
grapnot (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 03:25:37 PM

Good day! Just want to apologize for my English (this is not my native language).
We are developing a small application using the Coinbase API. The bottom line is that our wallet will receive money (that is, we need a request for coins) and from the same wallet money will be sent to other users. The problem is that when creating a replenishment request, the server gives an error "type not specified". However, the type is indicated there (request), and if the type is changed from 'request to' send 'then everything works.
As I understand it, we are not the first to encounter a similar problem https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57565831/api-error-response-when-creating-a-request-transaction-missing-parameter-type.
But they did not find a solution, did someone come across a similar one?
Perhaps we are doing something wrong? Sad
Maybe there are people here who have already worked with the Coinbase API and can help figure it out (we’ll agree on a price Smiley)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 03:54:05 PM

I don't think that problem from coinbase side. Have you updated your API version with latest one ? You should select right options during genarate API key. And the rest work will do your developer if you are not aware. As I understand you want to implement automatically withdrawal and deposit for your customers. So I believe you need a developer who have experience with coinbase API and he could interrogate it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 05:30:34 PM

Good day! Just want to apologize for my English (this is not my native language).
We are developing a small application using the Coinbase API. The bottom line is that our wallet will receive money (that is, we need a request for coins) and from the same wallet money will be sent to other users. The problem is that when creating a replenishment request, the server gives an error "type not specified". However, the type is indicated there (request), and if the type is changed from 'request to' send 'then everything works.
Most probably you guys are trying to integrate automatic withdrawal system through Coinbase API. As far as i know that Coinbase current API have got the features of generating different deposit address. Through this process users gonna get new deposit address for every single click and deposited fund will be stored on your common wallet address.

For withdrawal you can go for manual or automatic. If you wanna make all withdrawals manually then you have to collect details by your own from your admin backend. After collecting withdrawal and amount details you can release fund from your main wallet one by one. Some API users like his way to get rid off unexpected wallet hack. If you wanna keep it automatic then you will have to integrate it through someone who is well experienced with it. In automatic withdrawal you will be notified by API providers for every single transaction and after confirmation from your side fund will be sent to user requested address. 

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

sandeep_consagous

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 11:38:23 AM

Hello, Expect you have found the person now but in case you need any help please ping me at any point in time. We are having experience in working on the existing application code and taking over the source code from the other developer and getting familiar with it quickly.

We carry out ad hoc work when you need it on all aspects. Let's chat more.

Regards
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 06:58:30 PM

I wouldn't worry about this, when I was testing the Coinbase API this summer this was already happening, the conclusion is that they are too lazy to fix it as it seems to be on their backend. I have email Coinbase about this and they ignored the email, I just got some vague reply that seemed like a bot.

From what I've read regarding to what you want to do, you have alternatives. Im sure you could get the same thing done with BTCpay, which also has LN support, all open source and you can contact developers and will find help easily:

https://github.com/btcpayserver/node-btcpay
lightningmelo
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 22

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 03:44:38 PM

I would definitely recommend setting up your own BTCPay server as others recommended and then using that as your API.

Or if you prefer a more direct competitor to Coinbase (custodial, hands-off API), check out OpenNode.

Robert Hood

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 06:39:27 PM

I think coinbase wing is okay here. but it’s true as hard to create API key!  In that stage would like to suggest you to consult with a developer who highly concern in that issue. Hope you will get your solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: