Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:57:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding Altar coins seems foolish ?  (Read 460 times)
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 09:59:53 PM

Yes it's foolishness to an extent holding alter coins. Every time there's market shake out, alter coins suffer loss. Holding alter coins isn't foolishness in all round it turns out good sometimes.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 10:05:30 PM

i think current marketing is really bad but its the chance of baging some strong alts.like ADA,BNB,LINK,DROP and etc.
but also i think you should do your own research about market.

lolak2

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 10:12:47 PM

I believe bitcoin will back to 19000 one day, so i hold bitcoin for that day, sometimes i buy bitcoins but most my invest in btc.
cabron

Activity: 2842
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2019, 04:09:57 PM

I'm also holding some altar coins myself, thees however were tokens I got from bounty campaigns. I think I fall inlove to it sadly they didn't fall for me. The profit would have been enormous that I can buy a lot of things, I thought its foolish to sell its during that time since I think the market will eventually shift to bull. I never though this will take more than years. I guess we're all left to hold these altarcoins.

coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 04:16:24 PM

Cry I had some investment. What I understand in a short period of trading.Altar coins are foolish to hold long.Whenever I hold coins, I lose.Is there any way to get rid of it? If you know please be benefited.

first, what did you mean by altar coins, is this a kind of altcoin ? if yes, please show me a link to this coin
or did you mean altcoin ? because i never heard about this coin buddy
if you mean altcoin, i think its better for you to hodl only a solid and good altcoin project, such as ethereum and BNB

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 07:25:32 PM

Cry I had some investment. What I understand in a short period of trading.Altar coins are foolish to hold long.Whenever I hold coins, I lose.Is there any way to get rid of it? If you know please be benefited.

first, what did you mean by altar coins, is this a kind of altcoin ? if yes, please show me a link to this coin
or did you mean altcoin ? because i never heard about this coin buddy
if you mean altcoin, i think its better for you to hodl only a solid and good altcoin project, such as ethereum and BNB

Pretty sure he meant altcoins, not altar coins. And if it's a solid project, I agree, might as well hold at these prices. It could be worth it to diversify, put some money into bitar coin too.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2044
Merit: 163

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 08:13:49 PM

Just make sure to hold altcoin for short term only and play long term with bitcoin and this is the best decision.
I have ever experienced like you too when i was holding coin it goes down so hard but when i sold it and it was going to the moon
I wouldn't say no but, holding altcoins for a long-term to me looks great but this has to be a promise altcoins and not some random scam projects we have seen recently. Some few years back, I hold some altcoins utill last year before I sold out my portfolio with little profit, but at least I made some profits. The most profitable long-term investment I have seen in this industry is Bitcoin, for one to make reasonable profit on long-term investment bitcoin is the best. This industry need Patience for one not to regret at last.

Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 12:21:46 PM

Only after a while we can understand whether it made sense to keep altcoins or not. For example, I doubt that some altcoins will bring me profit, but I take risks and keep most of the altcoins that I consider promising. Some altcoins keep buying until their price is very low.
foxincoin

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 12:28:26 PM

I think you choose wrong altcoin to invest, oneday i failed same as you, i learned to choose the altcoin carefully, some altcoin may provide a profit.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 12:43:44 PM

Most altcoins are not suitable for long-term investments. You should make long-term investments in bitcoin, and short-term investments in altcoins. Following these rules you can earn money, but you should choose the right coins for investment.
Long term investment for Bitcoin will always be a good choice when you are involved in this market. Holding Alts is very risky, and you need to be optimistic when you place your money after doing your research. It will add more potentials to succeed whatever coin you support. It's a matter of how well you plan everything before dealing with this industry.

Make yourself comfortable in each project that you're going to invest your money to. It's not foolishness if you have broader knowledge about the project to work with.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 01:08:18 PM

Get rid of what exactly? Your cheap coin or your tendency to lose whenever you hold a coin? I guess you should simply stop investing in coins just for the monetary gains . This will make you to always research for quality rather than be greedy. I bet most investors would fail if you ask them what the projects they are interested in aim to achieve, how they will go about achieving the goals and how viable are the goals.
Bananington

Activity: 1428
Merit: 344

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 01:27:05 PM

Holding altcoins is not foolish but it depends on the altcoins you hold. It's good to understand that taking risk of investment without proper due diligence is wrong, but taking calculated risk is cool. It's not about having many altcoins on your portfolio, what I normally do is that, I select very few altcoins with huge potentials and hold with peace of mind. Even if they dump, there is still hope of uptrend since the project development for such coin will be great.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
tranduong123
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 01:52:47 PM

How long do you keep it, I think many people are not clearly distinguish between trade and hold, if hold then you should take into account the long term and should not check the value of the assets you hold often.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 02:05:53 PM

what do you mean by altar coins ? is that a new kind of crypto ? or that is only a typo and you mean to say altcoins ? you said you have an investment but you also mention the word trading , im confuse on your position tbh  . if your a short term trading , you shouldnt go for altcoins because they are less volatile than btc  . btc is the best for short term trader/trading  . whenever you hold coins you loose because maybe you pick the wrong altcoins or you dont know how to timed your moves  . in order to get rid of it you must practice on how to trade/invest and you need to study if what cryptos are good for investing and trading  .
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 02:06:46 PM

I had bought an altcoin when the first time I came across to this industry and thus far I never get any profit from it. Actually I bought an altcoin which is not in the top position I don't know if I bought the top altcoin such as ETH. I had found interesting increase when the price cryptocurrencies went up but I choose the long term strategy at that time, yeah I know it was the mistake thing that I made and now I'm really regreted it.

So I just thinking the safes way to invest in altcoins only short term investment even when I took investing in an IEO I always choose short term investment even when its token has listed on the exchange which is mean the IEO event is come to an end I'll sell them immediately although I got a small profit such 2x return of investment but I always be greatfull of it.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 02:24:39 PM

you need to switch it to another alt coin if for you it's useless to hold. But this time make sure you are in the right timing.  Wherein always make technical before doing anything, make sure the circumstances is better to make profits because that's the most important .always check the history first to assure you can get some profits despite of the fluctuation of the market. Be smart because if you don't do anything you will wasting money again and again. So bear it your mind mate.
safem

Activity: 454

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 03:01:23 PM

It is not all altcoins that are not good to hold for long. I will say it depends on which type of altcoin you are holding and the value that the coin carries. We may not be able to conclude that all altcoins are bad because there are still good ones among them. One of the things I think is very important is to know the value and future prospects of altcoins we want to trade with before investing into them. Though this season is not really good for majority of altcoins, but one can still benefit from good ones if they are discovered. Holding of altcoin is not a bad idea if the coins are good value .

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 08:57:37 PM

Hey, that’s a pity. Maybe you should reconsider your trading strategy? It’s easy to lose track of things as life spins too fast these days.
mihtju

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 09:13:40 PM

It was necessary to fix losses earlier. But I think that you need to once again analyze your portfolio and understand what altcoins should be kept on, and which are already doomed. And some of them are better translating into bitcoin.

rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 09:37:13 PM

I tend to believe you mean alternative coins that is altcoins, if am correct, it is not generally foolish to hold altcoins but it looks kinda bad holding worthless coins. Now what I mean by worthless coins are the ones we know aren't backed by any real use or use case, but instead owing to hype or so recommendations, we bought without due diligence; this approach is wrong in this case have higher probability of leading to losses. Also, I stand to be corrected, the coins you are holding which are dropping in value might be one of these coins, but if it's the likes of ETH etc, then there is no need to panic as it is one of the best.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: