Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $2 Billion Lost in Mt. Gox Bitcoin Hack Can Be Recovered, Lawyer Claims  (Read 682 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 07:39:40 PM

Hmm. Would it be a surprise if this was true? American law enforcement had plenty of fun on Silk Road.

It's certainly doing no favours for Russia's image to the outside world but they seem to be long past minding about that.

it's a very interesting version of events, i'll say that much. unfortunately all the evidence is circumstantial and as expected, everyone implicated (including the russian government) is refusing to comment or denying involvement.

we don't know for sure that Malofeev and Nemkin are related to the supposed FSB operation that cleaned out WEX. meanwhile, this exchange "vladex" still doesn't exist, which sort of casts doubt on the whole story.

at this point, i don't think we'll ever find out the whole truth---especially if it really involves the FSB.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 10:16:53 PM

I'm glad that I got out before things went dark. I lost around 15-20% of my funds, but that's a small price to pay compared to the total loss for the majority of other users.

luppecuppe

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 10:31:53 PM

I'm tired of hearing the name Mt.Gox. Markets are already uneasy. Bitcoin did not catch a good uptrend. Why does this name come up all the time? The issue of hacking has not been resolved for years. Why is that? Give people the money and this effect is over.
bitvestorhacked

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 02:00:32 AM

I would not expect lots of replies to this topic, there are people recovering from the grief of this, people who have totally recovered, do not reopen wounds, people committed suicide, what i lost was not as much as what others lost, but if converted today with the current btc price or last year when btc was all time high i would be well, GREAT! Hell, song was made about this, people got depressed.

Then Cryptsy, oh they did a number on us too, and my btc, then i got an email

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA

NOTICE OF PROPOSED PARTIAL SETTLEMENTS OF CLASS ACTION,
PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION, FAIRNESS HEARING, AND RIGHT TO APPEAR

If you are a CRYPTSY account holder and are unable to access your CRYPTOCURRENCY, you could get money from two different class action settlements, and an ongoing class action lawsuit may affect your rights.
Please read this notice carefully.

A court authorized this notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.

Then the lengthy letter all the way down, not going to bore anyone but let the wounds created just heal, this people have no heart but then again i learnt a valuable lesson never ever leave your money in an exchange, this says i can't sleep if i have money in an exchange, i get nervous and night sweats. 
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 07:16:00 PM

The lawyers will say they can recover it because they want to have their high fees paid and find it or not they will profit either way. So we cant listen to what they say. If they have found people that have received stolen bitcoin how did they do that and if they know so much why are there no arrests? I would not bet on them getting any funds back.

kotik085

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 05:52:01 PM

Alexander Vinik is involved in this exchange and this makes him leave. Where there is a lot of money, there is a lot of hype. What is the matter, there is a person, he himself received these funds and has the full right to dispose of them in further actions.
Dildo Shwaggins

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 06:20:14 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Alexander Vinik is involved in this exchange and this makes him leave. Where there is a lot of money, there is a lot of hype. What is the matter, there is a person, he himself received these funds and has the full right to dispose of them in further actions.

I don't understand what you want to say. You do know though that Alexander Vinnik was arrested in Greece in 2017 and will probably be extradited to France (and consequently to the US)? Also how exactly he has any right over stolen funds? What exactly is your point?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 07:10:05 PM

Learn English and try again please.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 12:41:12 AM

I don't understand what you want to say. You do know though that Alexander Vinnik was arrested in Greece in 2017 and will probably be extradited to France (and consequently to the US)? Also how exactly he has any right over stolen funds? What exactly is your point?

I gotta say I have to merit you just for the fact your Moniker made me laugh.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Dildo Shwaggins

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 04:16:42 PM

I gotta say I have to merit you just for the fact your Moniker made me laugh.

Cheesy Thanks a lot friend, I hope my writing skills are up to standard and hopefully I can contribute with useful content as well!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: