Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:09:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with ERC20 tokens when ICO gone REKT?  (Read 486 times)
dcomomal
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 09:57:15 AM

They can be exchanges on decentralised exchanges, maybe people still collecting those for their reasons. But generally speaking, just forget about them, because if ICO gone scam, there is no more value in those tokens.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 02:16:07 PM

I guess there is really nothing to do with them, if you want you can trash them by sending it to some fake address or just make a giveaway (dunno if anyone would want a worthless coin in a giveaway) or just ask if anyone wants and send them the coins. Now if you do not want to get rid of them but they are worthless then all you can do is wait and hope that they will worth something one day, otherwise they are literally just worthless coins not covering any space in your life.

I have bunch of them, I own 100k of a coin that suppose to worth 50 thousand dollars but right now it doesn't even worth 100 dollars I just keep it just in case somehow it gets bigger again. Not like it actually physically takes up space in your wallet or something, it is digital numbers so just let them be.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
airdropan

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

♦♦♦♦♦

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 03:04:55 AM

If you quite patient then just hold it and forget about your token, may in future the price will back to ICO or better, Or maybe the best way you can support them , the team and developer to keep doing the project. When the project work and success the prices will up for sure.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
altscaner

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 03:45:13 AM

a lot it's just that if we get a project with a fictitious team we can't do anything, if we get a project scam whose team is not fictitious, I think we can report to sec because this has happened before in some bounties 2017/2018 and they really are get proper punishment it's just that I don't know how to report them, one example that I mean is this bounty https://tbis.io/

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 03:57:57 AM

Now a bad period has come for altcoins. This does not mean that they need to be disposed of, that they are dead, even if they do not show themselves and are not traded on the exchange. The project can still work and develop, although its token is not put up for auction due to a general drop in market prices. No need to rush to get rid of them. They will need to decide their fate in your wallets when the market begins to recover and grow. Now, let them lie in their wallets for now.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 06:27:08 AM

Nothing can be done with them, you just keep holding it and see maybe the story will change like that of bitcoin when they did their ico, how they came with low price and people never wanted it, but who will know that after some year, bitcoin will be the giant of altcoin after years of its establishment.

We have to because of bitcoin story also give some projects that benefit of doubt that they will rise in future, so all they need from us is just our patience, we should be patience with them, became even now that they are not growing, there is nothing we can do to force them grow. Let us also hope that the bull run for altcoins will make a change in the life of the altcoins, though we have some alts with a very bad product that will never rise, that I learnt there is a company that buys them, I read it on this forum but cannot remember how they operate again.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Inu.Guren

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 06:34:19 AM

Just patiently wait and hodl it with hope in next bull run sicle maybe some projects will alive and find some investors and mass adoption
patiently is not enough because many of us need money, and this condition make people frustation, market is crashed after bitcoin going down deeply in 2018, and many useless token are going to trash, because nothing anyone interest to trade in the token, ad the developer don't want buyback again from market

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 06:44:27 AM

If such tokens are listed on any exchange, hold onto them it will be worth something someday as some group of whales can make the price go up really hard. When there's a problem is when such tokens are not listed anywhere on any exchange that's always the worst case scenario.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 02:58:46 PM

Usually i just leave that tokens in my wallet address, because you will need some gas to get rid from your address.
If the token have some value, just sell it on exchange or dex. but anyway, it won't be a problem for me if there are some useless tokens in my wallet
Actually it is a problem to me because it makes me get angry, especially when I see those tokens that gave me so much money in the last altcoin bull run, but my greed failed me and made me not to remove them until I watched them dump and there was nothing I could do about them, if I had removed the money then and invested it in bitcoin, I know how much I would have been worth by now when converted to fiat, so I am angry with myself, angry with the stupid bears, the manipulators and the coin itself.

What I just do since I cannot stand them is to leave them in the wallet, but transfer the good ones to another wallet, so I don’t open the shitcoins wallet often except once in a while when I feel like checking if luck had shine on me.
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 03:11:39 PM

If you quite patient then just hold it and forget about your token, may in future the price will back to ICO or better, Or maybe the best way you can support them , the team and developer to keep doing the project. When the project work and success the prices will up for sure.
I am among those who patiently hold ICO tokens from 2017 until now, I have confidence that someday the price of ERC20 tokens will give us an advantage again. But if the token is dead then for better we leave it and just throw it out of our wallet.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 03:12:42 PM

They can be exchanges on decentralised exchanges, maybe people still collecting those for their reasons. But generally speaking, just forget about them, because if ICO gone scam, there is no more value in those tokens.
Hm, i wonder why people will still be collecting dead tokens unless they heard news somewhere that such token can still come back to live, to me when a project is dead it should be left for dead, i haven't seen a project that come back to live and did fine even when new dev took over
Insomnia family

Activity: 868
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 03:20:53 PM

Yes, I consider it to be a wallet decoration, but I don't mind holding it. and I don't think anyone would expect more from useless junk tokens. better focus on other options by increasing investment in the highest altcoin on the market.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 491

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 03:22:18 PM

Just send it to 0x00000000..........................0000 address and let it burn.
You can also let them stay on your wallet, but I've been in this situation and what i did is i just changed/created new wallet.
Hate to see them hanging on my personal wallet if they are worthless.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 03:27:31 PM

So now we hold thousands of erc20 tokens from REKT ICO. Bounties, buys, failed ICO and so on.
What can be done with them?

Hold them and hope for a miracle, sell them (even if for hardly anything), or if an ICO someone paid into, just sell for a loss or burn, and use it as a tax loss.

I find myself in the funny situation just when I tried to see if I send spome of my ERC tokens to an exchange 12k of ERCtoken I am about to send but I calculated this will just be worth 0.0021BTC. If transaction fee is deducted which is 0.001, I'm left with 0.0011  Cheesy What am I going to do with that amount?  These tokens ain't listed in Binance where I can pay BNB for the transaction.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 12:49:58 AM

I find myself in the funny situation just when I tried to see if I send spome of my ERC tokens to an exchange 12k of ERCtoken I am about to send but I calculated this will just be worth 0.0021BTC. If transaction fee is deducted which is 0.001, I'm left with 0.0011  Cheesy What am I going to do with that amount?  These tokens ain't listed in Binance where I can pay BNB for the transaction.

That's a situation where you need convert the btc to something else. I've had similar situations when playing with small amounts on exchanges. Doge is always good for that ... convert the .0021 BTC to Doge, withdraw Doge (which is typically only a 2-10 Doge fee).

Or if you want something you can convert to fiat, ETC can work (coinbase can do ETC to fiat, I think). Not this is enough in fiat to really bother with. My point being, just convert it to some other coin that doesn't eat it all up with withdrawal fees.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 01:14:54 AM

I am among those who patiently hold ICO tokens from 2017 until now, I have confidence that someday the price of ERC20 tokens will give us an advantage again. But if the token is dead then for better we leave it and just throw it out of our wallet.

The old ICO projects are mostly dead and very few projects can exist at this time because of reduced investment demand. I followed over 100 different ICO projects in 2017 and there are 97 projects that are forgotten in this market. I think don't expect too much because maybe that investment will only cost you more money in this market and we should have a new investment plan before that token drops further.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████