Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A rule most traders should live by (another topic about Binance & USA clients)  (Read 189 times)
Pipdips (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 02:30:52 PM

When you encounter an obstacle, don't dance with it.  Instead just move around the obstacle.

An example of this is with the recent fiasco with Binance kicking out all of it's USA clients.  I've danced tango with that fiasco.  I've danced salsa with that fiasco.  I've made arguments with it.  I've made an amends with it.  I've written about it.  I've talked about it.  I've had coffee with it.  I've drank beer over it.  I've wasted a lot of time over it.

I never should have done any of those things with that fiasco.  Now it is time to start using Coinbase Pro and get back to trading and making money...
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 06:53:39 PM

When you encounter an obstacle, don't dance with it.  Instead just move around the obstacle.

An example of this is with the recent fiasco with Binance kicking out all of it's USA clients.  I've danced tango with that fiasco.  I've danced salsa with that fiasco.  I've made arguments with it.  I've made an amends with it.  I've written about it.  I've talked about it.  I've had coffee with it.  I've drank beer over it.  I've wasted a lot of time over it.

I never should have done any of those things with that fiasco.  Now it is time to start using Coinbase Pro and get back to trading and making money...

for someone who's so "tired of talking about binance" you sure talk about binance a whole lot! Tongue

i'm on coinbase pro too but it's definitely not a replacement for binance. coinbase has a whopping 14 coins listed, higher fees, and you can bet your ass the IRS will have all your data. Undecided

i'm still waiting for the next contender to emerge. we'll see what's what when the alt market wakes up again. ETH and EOS are showing lots of relative strength against BTC over the last week. i wonder if we might be close.......

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 01:34:36 AM

If it was that easy to get away from all these obstacles that we encounter almost every day, then we would probably live in a different way. Some parts can be considered boring or you could call existing

Anyways, I remember reading an article that pertains to US Residents losing multiple access to different altcoins in Binance. This article would be very helpful to you for sure. [1]

It seems that Bittrex is the one having a lot of coins that would still be available for US Clients, based on the table in the article.

Obtained from Cointelegraph.com [1]

Reference

[1] - https://cointelegraph.com/news/united-states-residents-will-lose-access-to-many-altcoins-starting-in-september

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 07:08:52 PM

for someone who's so "tired of talking about binance" you sure talk about binance a whole lot! Tongue

i'm on coinbase pro too but it's definitely not a replacement for binance. coinbase has a whopping 14 coins listed, higher fees, and you can bet your ass the IRS will have all your data. Undecided

i'm still waiting for the next contender to emerge. we'll see what's what when the alt market wakes up again.
Hahaha, that is what I am saying.  Do not get distracted and stay on the right track.

Coinbase Pro is time consuming to learn.  Binance blocked USA clients.  It is a frustrating time.

So I am just taking a break from trading.  I am going back to the books and dedicating my time to learning.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 07:31:36 PM

It seems that Bittrex is the one having a lot of coins that would still be available for US Clients, based on the table in the article.

Yeah among "US-compliant" exchanges it has the most listed markets, but the great Bittrex exodus in late 2017 shows that traders (at least retail) prefer no-KYC exchanges. I have doubts about Bittrex ever dominating the market again. I have bigger hopes for Kucoin or other younger competitors.

So I am just taking a break from trading.  I am going back to the books and dedicating my time to learning.

It's a bad time for trading anyway. The market is dead sideways. Things will probably get interesting again next month so don't sleep on the market for too long. Smiley

Harlot

Merit: 671

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 07:49:09 PM

It looks like you would be "dancing the tango" again soon. Binance when they pulled out from the US was not a permanent decision and it was just because they are illegally operating under them. Right now they are planning to relaunch the soonest time possible and they are already planning to accept deposits in Wednesday (tomorrow). The sad thing about it is they will just offer up limited cryptocurrencies for now and by the looks of it they will just only have 6 cryptos at launch and that is including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. The limited coins they have at their re-launch might just be them trying to go slowly with the authorities but I think they will start to add more soon once they get their operations smoothly running.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 01:20:55 AM

Yeah among "US-compliant" exchanges it has the most listed markets, but the great Bittrex exodus in late 2017 shows that traders (at least retail) prefer no-KYC exchanges. I have doubts about Bittrex ever dominating the market again. I have bigger hopes for Kucoin or other younger competitors.
I understand why people would prefer no-KYC exchanges compared to the ones that have. They don't want to be identified in some way but it's for security measures anyway. For the benefit of everyone. Bittrex has been dominating at first but once they did all those compliances, customers declined and that's a fact, but right now, it's one of the exchanges that still let US customers trade altcoins, etc. Which I showed above that it has the most altcoins, to begin with. 

I think people lost trust with KYC because of the selling of information of different people and to be targeted by advertisements and such. That's just how the world could be.

It's a bad time for trading anyway. The market is dead sideways. Things will probably get interesting again next month so don't sleep on the market for too long. Smiley
The market has its own rhythm, one trader can influence anything (with enough balance) and not every time there is a big move. If you compare from stock markets, movement in the cryptocurrency space is likely more chaotic. I think we're having big moves every month now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 04:54:14 AM

Lol!! How come Coinbase Pro become an alternative for Binance. Not even in my dreams mate! The number of coins and tokens you can trade on Binance is amazing, coinbase is nowhere close to it! If you have a limited trading pairs, then probably it make sense for you but not for a professional trader whose span of trading is bigger! Not to mention the trading fees, it is 0.1% binance for most of the case and 0.3% in Coinbase Pro in most of the cases. US residents can rather move to decentralized exchanges after securing their connection with a VPN.

davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 06:44:47 AM

I don't understand.Why are you so butthurt about Binance kicking out USA clients?Were you scammed?Did you lost anything?The Binance owners just want to protect their business from dealing with the US authorities(they are kinda unpredictable,when it comes to crypto regulation).We can't blame Binance about that.By the way,please remove that last sentence about Coinbase Pro.It looks like as if you are trying to promote them.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 08:23:48 AM

It is too late for Coinbase pro man to make the hype now because Binance has already released the platform for the US traders which the United states has even legalized already, so it is now going to be a battle between Binance and coinbase on their services, which i believe that binance will always have the best service over Coinbase even if they have gone pro.

Do not forget that Coinbase was existing before binance, but still, binance came to topple them and many of these big exchange has done everything possible to hack binance and tarnish the image but Binance still would not fall for that, so better you give on this issue of Binance this and that and then focus more on the business which you are caller to do, just promote Coinbase without comparing, it will complicate issue for Coinbase of you keep comparing them to Binance or vice versa, everyone has their own services separately.
juperos

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 02:58:13 PM

Coinbase does not have as many coins as Binance, although transaction and withdraw fees are very cheap but it is not as functional as Binance.
Anyway, Binance.us is also a big exchange for Americans, you can trade there.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1129

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 09:58:06 PM

I don't understand.Why are you so butthurt about Binance kicking out USA clients?Were you scammed?Did you lost anything?The Binance owners just want to protect their business from dealing with the US authorities(they are kinda unpredictable,when it comes to crypto regulation).We can't blame Binance about that.By the way,please remove that last sentence about Coinbase Pro.It looks like as if you are trying to promote them.
It doesnt looks like but actually hes promoting it obviously. Binance do really had that issue but its already been resolve yet they already released out the platform which would cater out US users that they had restricted recently https://www.binance.us/en . They do really know how to handle the game and planned how to retain its top position.
Im aint against with Coinbase pro though but we know on whose ahead on the competition.

figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 11:17:48 PM

It is too late for Coinbase pro man to make the hype now because Binance has already released the platform for the US traders which the United states has even legalized already, so it is now going to be a battle between Binance and coinbase on their services, which i believe that binance will always have the best service over Coinbase

that's doubtful. bitflyer launched a USA exchange at the height of its popularity but no one uses it. binance launched an EU/UK exchange in jersey but no one uses it.

in comparison, coinbase is 32.53% of the BLX which shows they are dominant among real-volume exchanges.

i predict binance.us won't be a major contender. i think coinbase will continue to be the dominant fiat onramp in the USA and binance.us will only get a small slice of that volume in terms of altcoin market share. i bet more USA traders will be on binance.com behind VPN than will be on binance.us.

Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:55:15 PM

I am officially done licking my wounds after the September 12th fall out with Binance.

I am over at Coinbase Pro now and I am liking it a lot!  Life is very simple over there.

Smiley
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 07:17:18 PM

Coinbase does not have as many coins as Binance, although transaction and withdraw fees are very cheap but it is not as functional as Binance.
Anyway, Binance.us is also a big exchange for Americans, you can trade there.
No matter how cheap their transaction and withdrawal fee is, it still cannot be as cheap as Binance own, and according to record which I could verify that is authentic, Binance is still the most reliable exchange now when it comes to very low fee as they have the lowest fee presently and also the fact that they still have the highest volume even thigh Coinbase has the largest user database and I don’t know if those users are still active or the majority of the active ones has already moved to binance.

People thought that it was the end for binance when they got to know about their closure of platform for us people, but they did not know that they were actually planning on creating a platform separately for the United states clients.
exstasie
Legendary

Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 09:43:20 PM

I am over at Coinbase Pro now and I am liking it a lot!  Life is very simple over there.

Partly because they have so few markets. Cheesy

With ETHUSD rising when BTCUSD dumps, altcoin season might finally be upon us. You're not seriously limiting yourself to the ~dozen alts Coinbase offers are you?

Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 09:57:42 PM

Binance is like driving an economy size 2002 Mazda with loud and obnoxious music playing, and one of those cheap and shiny muffler air pipes people attach on there by themselves but it keeps falling off.  And it is a Mazda with no airbags. And who knows what else.

Coinbase Pro?  It's like a Cadillac with clean leather seats, or like a new yet modest Tesla.  A true vehicle and champion of the roads, and much much more.  The sound system is phenominal and it softly pumps out a fine symphony of angelic sites and sounds.

Wink
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 11:50:58 PM

i think what you said is almost true, because there are a lot of exchanges which still reputable and can be used by all over the world. Although i am not US citizen, but i know when i can't access something that i want to do make me angry. But if the other exchanges still allow US citizen to trade in there, i think it is worth to use.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████