Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Coinbase Pro topic  (Read 250 times)
Pipdips (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 03:35:54 PM

I have questions about using the Coinbase Pro exchange...

How do I expand the trading window?  The trading window is tiny.  Is this for real?

Where are the indicators at?  Is there an Advanced trading view window?

How do you select USDC?  Or at Coinbase is USD the same thing as USDC?
 I am confused trying to find USDC.

How do I move my funds from my Coinbase wallet into Coinbase Pro?

When funds are not in use do traders just leave their funds in Coinbase Pro or do they transfer them back to Coinbase wallets?

What online internet security or computer security do you use while trading at Coinbase Pro?

How do you feel about Coinbase Pro's trading fee structure?

Sheez.  Again, this is like dejavu like with Binance, it is like their company should be Paying Me to type all these questions out.  It's like I am reviewing their exchange for free.  I am not happy about that.  To be perfectly honest the Coinbase Pro trading view totally, completely, and utterly sucks compared to Binance...

I am logging out of Coinbase for the day after missing trading opportunities because their trading windows are so tiny and there are no features available for trading with any confidence.  I will not place any trades at Coinbase until comfortable with their exchange.  The time for learning their website and having to review it for them (for free) is costing me money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 07:27:02 PM

How do I expand the trading window?  The trading window is tiny.  Is this for real?

There are 4 panes from left to right: wallet balance, order book, price chart/open orders, trade history. Which one do you mean?

Where are the indicators at?  Is there an Advanced trading view window?

No, there aren't many chart options. It's pretty bare bones. Line or candle chart, time frame, EMA overlay, volume, and market depth. That's all. I do all my charting in Tradingview.

How do you select USDC?  Or at Coinbase is USD the same thing as USDC?  I am confused trying to find USDC.

As far as markets go there is only USD. To convert to USDC (so you can withdraw it) go to the "My Wallets" tab.

How do I move my funds from my Coinbase wallet into Coinbase Pro?

When funds are not in use do traders just leave their funds in Coinbase Pro or do they transfer them back to Coinbase wallets?

See here: https://support.pro.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2945332-how-to-transfer-funds-between-your-coinbase-pro-and-coinbase-accounts

There's no reason to use the regular Coinbase site at all. I do everything through Pro, including USD deposits and withdrawals.

How do you feel about Coinbase Pro's trading fee structure?

I miss the 0% maker fees they had for years. They still have the lowest fees around.

Sheez.  Again, this is like dejavu like with Binance, it is like their company should be Paying Me to type all these questions out.  It's like I am reviewing their exchange for free.  I am not happy about that.  To be perfectly honest the Coinbase Pro trading view totally, completely, and utterly sucks compared to Binance...

You're probably just not used to it. I felt the same way about Binance when I came there from GDAX. I still hate Binance's interface.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 08:18:11 PM

I typically transfer funds I'm not trading back into a cold wallet I own if I plan on not using those funds for extended periods of time, though I also do store funds on-exchange for short periods of time for convenience.

As for online security when trading, I don't have anything extra installed on my PC because I don't download random files from the Internet and I'm careful about links I click while online. You should be fine if you use common sense and make sure you're not getting phished through a fake Coinbase Pro site or something of the sort.

As for the fee structure, it's currently pretty middle of the road but I also miss the zero maker fee the site used to have. Pricing tiers $50M and up still get 0% maker fees, but I'm very far from that tier and I imagine most people also aren't anywhere near that.
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 07:12:50 PM

Thank you for the replies.  It helps.

Yeah, the first exchange I ever used was GDAX but my time there was very very limited.

Why did they change it from GDAX to Coinbase Pro?  What are the differences?
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 09:22:56 PM

Thank you for the replies.  It helps.

Yeah, the first exchange I ever used was GDAX but my time there was very very limited.

Why did they change it from GDAX to Coinbase Pro?  What are the differences?

It seemed like part of a global re-branding effort as they expanded. They launched Coinbase Custody, then Coinbase Markets and Coinbase Prime. Then they renamed their merchant suite to Coinbase Commerce. Then they renamed GDAX to Coinbase Pro.

Notice a pattern? I guess "Coinbase" is like their version of "i" in Apple products.

Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 02:45:36 AM

Coinbase is based in California
Apple is based in California
So, wait a second...!
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 05:11:27 PM

I am still trying to put funds into my Coinbase Pro account and it blocks me.  I have USDC in my Coinbase wallet, but nothing is in the Coinbase Pro account.

When I try to deposit into Coinbase Pro it is saying "You can't send a payment from an account to itself."  I would ask these questions to Coinbase directly but their customer service takes 3 days just for them to respond.

Hope this topic is seen by people who trade, because this topic was moved from the Trading Forum and is now lost in Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Service Discussion > Exchanges.

What the hell.  Who the hell on earth is going to ever click that much to find this forum?
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 08:14:02 PM
Merited by squatter (1)

I am still trying to put funds into my Coinbase Pro account and it blocks me.  I have USDC in my Coinbase wallet, but nothing is in the Coinbase Pro account.

When I try to deposit into Coinbase Pro it is saying "You can't send a payment from an account to itself."

i wonder if are you possibly trying to deposit into your coinbase account rather than your coinbase pro account, because you should be able to do this through the pro.coinbase.com interface.

are you on the right subdomain? are you following these directions exactly? https://support.pro.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2945332-how-to-transfer-funds-between-your-coinbase-pro-and-coinbase-accounts

once you do that, use the "convert to USD" button in coinbase pro "wallets" tab:

Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:48:05 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2019, 05:09:53 PM by Pipdips

Okay thanks for your guidance!

So I managed to complete my first scalping trade with CBase Pro!  It was just a practice run, with a $30 buy of BTC/USDC, then I set the stop-limit order for 1% profit and it cleared quickly.  It worked well, and I am gaining some appreciation for the simplicity of CBase Pro, but I have to add that without those free TradingView charts it would simply be too difficult to trade using CBase Pro.

Now how do I track my order history in better detail?  All I see is the "Fills" area and it does not show any specific information.

How do I calculate or bring into focus the details for how much the fees are for trades? I need to calculate percentages better because at Binance I would scalp for .5% profits, but now at CBase I may need to set that higher and in the 1% range.

What is the difference between Maker Fee and Taker Fee?
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 06:36:56 PM

Now how do I track my order history in better detail?  All I see is the "Fills" area and it does not show any specific information.

in the top right, click the "my orders" tab. that'll show you a detailed view of all open and filled orders. it only shows the last 90 days, otherwise you need to download statements.

How do I calculate or bring into focus the details for how much the fees are for trades? I need to calculate percentages better because at Binance I would scalp for .5% profits, but now at CBase I may need to set that higher and in the 1% range.

on the "my orders" page, there is a third tab (after open and filled orders) for "fees". that lists your 30-day volume and accordingly your maker/taker fee tier. most of us small fish are in the .1/.2 or .15/.25 tiers.

What is the difference between Maker Fee and Taker Fee?

maker = post-only limit orders. you are making liquidity on the order book. (which market buyers/sellers are taking)
taker = market orders where you are taking liquidity from the order book.

Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 11:29:18 PM

I am trading at Coinbase Pro, and using TradingView charts.
The pair I am watching and trading with is ZEC/USDC.

The TradingView chart shows big red candles dipping down into the range of $47.36
The Coinbase Pro chart shows only one red candle, and the lowest price it is showing is $47.47
The time is set to 5 minute candles for both charts.
The timing for the red candle placement is not the same either because the red candles showed up at one much earlier than the other.

What gives???
And there it goes again!!! The TV chart shows 5 big red candles in a row.  But at CBase it shows green candles.
What's up with that?
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 11:37:52 PM

Alright so now my ZEC/USDC trades cleared after scalping a few trades, but now my balance is less than when I started trading.  I made a few successful trades for 0.5% profits.  Now my entire account is stable again in USDC and I always keep my account stable in USDC while not scalping, but, why is my account less than when I started making trades???  It is a small amount less than before I began trading.
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 05:33:12 PM

When I place my orders I get this message:
"Stop-Limit Warning
This order may not fill immediately when executed. Are you sure you would like to continue?"

What is this warning message all about can you explain it?
Is this why my account balance will go down even when I am executing profitable trades??

It is like Coinbase Pro should be paying me to type all this stuff out..  Same thing goes with the people who replied in this topic and were so helpful: You should also be Paid By Coinbase for answering questions.  We answer questions faster than the Coinbase support which takes 3 days...

Lips sealed Undecided
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 05:35:25 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2019, 06:19:31 PM by Pipdips

Here is what it says in my account about the fees they are charging me:

Current Maker Fee
0.15%
Current Taker Fee
0.25%

What is the difference between Maker and Taker?  Is this where my profits are going???

I do not remember Binance having a maker or taker fee like that.  It was just one low fee.

Is Coinbase Pro just highway robbery, or what?
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 06:16:41 PM

So if I place a $100 buy order, they take .15%, or $0.15

Then I place a sell order at $100.50 and they take $0.15 more cents.

I am scalping at .5%, so they take .3% of the profits?

That is The Sucks!  Coinbase Pro is no good for scalping... it's like highway robbery.

Huh

Or are they actually taking .25% per-transaction?  On both sides: the buy order, and the sell order??
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 06:23:39 PM

At Coinbase Pro what is the difference between Stop Price and Limit Price?

Am I placing my orders backwards?  Which one is the trigger and which one is the price where it SELLS.

What the hell is going on with this. Angry

I've searched online and it must have given me backwards directions for what Stop and Limits are at Coinbase.

It's like Coinbase should be Paying Me to work out all the simple unknowns in their exchange.

Cheap.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 07:43:49 PM

At Coinbase Pro what is the difference between Stop Price and Limit Price?

Am I placing my orders backwards?  Which one is the trigger and which one is the price where it SELLS.

What the hell is going on with this. Angry

the "limit price" is exactly the same as with a normal limit order. it's the price where your order is placed on the book. the "stop price" is the trigger price. when the market reaches that price, it places your limit order on the book.

if you want it to execute like a market stop order, you need to set the limit price sufficiently far from the stop price.

Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 03:57:22 PM

My trades keep clearing and my account is not growing.  I am placing profitable scalping trades in the .5%-1% profit range.  All of my trades were successful but my account is slightly less than when I started.  I have placed about 10 successful scalping trades and each trade is about $300 each.  My account is slightly less than when I started.  I use the stable coin USDC.  This is confusing.

Can anybody tell me what the hell is going on with Coinbase Pro!?!?!?
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 04:02:36 PM

Is Coinbase Pro totally unsuitable for scalping???

They must be gouging my trades with fees....  Are they taking .25%, or are they taking 25% HuhHuh
Pipdips (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 04:06:26 PM

I totally hate posting any technical issues here at this site.  Then some paid intern at Coinbase reads it to solve any issues behind the scenes grabbing info from the exterior.  Coinbase should be paying Bitcointalk and it's members here for being a leg of support for your exchange.  Otherwise, wait 3 days.  Coinbase is cheap.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: