Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:33:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with Gemini?  (Read 137 times)
Pipdips (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 04:52:56 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 02:19:27 PM by Pipdips

Are they an exchange yet?  Today I saw an ad for Gemini at the World Trade Center. The ad said they are a regulated exchange. Hope their online exchange is more user friendly than Coinbase Pro. Hope they have their act together. Hope it's not "Facebook Pro".
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 05:07:53 PM

Why not visit https://gemini.com/ and see it for yourself? By looks of it, its indeed regulated and
you can read up some stuffs here https://www.coindesk.com/information/how-to-trade-crypto-on-gemini

goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 05:52:06 PM

Are they an exchange yet?  Today I saw an ad for Gemini at the World Trade Center. The ad said they are a "REGULATED" exchange. In blue like that. Hope their online exchange is more user friendly than Coinbase Pro. Hope they have their act together. Hope it's not "Facebook Pro".

Try to analyze any reviews available on the internet.

I looked some at some reviews and don't want to share my thoughts after reading some since we might have different conclusions. All I can say is, they are regulated.

But you know, why Gemini? There are other more exchange. What features of them did you see that's why you become interested?
Pipdips (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 06:02:41 PM

Post Sept 12 after Binance started blocking USA traders. Still looking for an exchange and I am tired of fighting through this.

Gemini is probably closely partnered with Facebook and Libra.

My top three largest losses in single trading days all occurred after reading bullish announcements by the twins who own Gemini. So they remind me of the two evil twins from the movie The Shining.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 06:22:51 PM

Gemini has been open and running for a long time and is often referred to as the gold standard of regulation compliance. Probably the most compliant and legit exchange of them all. The weak link about Gemini is low volume.

The Winklevoss twins are crypto OGs and have done a LOT for Bitcoin. They own a huge stash of Bitcoin also. They have been behind attempts to get ETFs in place and whatever to get crypto on the real markets..

I would trust this exchange more than any other and expect everything to be done strictly by the book.. It might not be the best exchange to trade though..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 06:43:20 PM

Are they an exchange yet?  Today I saw an ad for Gemini at the World Trade Center. The ad said they are a "REGULATED" exchange. In blue like that. Hope their online exchange is more user friendly than Coinbase Pro. Hope they have their act together. Hope it's not "Facebook Pro".

i don't like their approach to identity verification. they require SSN (which i never had to give to coinbase) and they also require a REAL ID document. if you don't have REAL ID, don't bother registering because you won't be approved.

they also have the highest fees in the industry. their retail service has ~2% fees. you need to send them a request to join activetrader (their version of "pro"). once approved, you get maker fees of 0.25% and taker fees of 0.35%......pretty horrible compared to coinbase pro.

lots of stories about abruptly closed accounts too, and gemini never tells the customer why. they are pretty much the most uptight american exchange.

MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 11:54:55 AM

Try to analyze any reviews available on the internet.

I looked some at some reviews and don't want to share my thoughts after reading some since we might have different conclusions. All I can say is, they are regulated.

But you know, why Gemini? There are other more exchange. What features of them did you see that's why you become interested?

From  analysis I got from several sites and feedback, I feel Gemini is quite good in service. Maybe this site will be a coinbase rival in  future, at least we can give trust to this site to develop. Moreover, this company was founded in  US which has pretty strict regulations for every new company.

We are a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian built for both individuals and institutions. We are a New York trust company regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS). Gemini is a fiduciary and subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the NYSDFS and the New York Banking Law.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀