Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you're a huge fan of BTC and LTC, You might want to take a look at Stakenet.  (Read 282 times)
Flux0z (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 06:53:17 PM

When reading on social networks like Twitter and Facebook, it's clear as day that people are worried about Bitcoins future. I see these questions all the time:

"Do you see Bitcoin as a store of value, OR digital Cash?".
Why can't it be BOTH?

With increasing demand for Bitcoin, it has it's obvious limits, and scaling issues. Lightning is a great fix for that, but the incentive to run a lightning node just isn't there. This is one of the many reasons people don't like Lightning at all.

Stakenet is a "new" project (Launched march 2018) that has been working on Lightning since it's very beginning. In fact, they helped the Litecoin team implementing Lightning on mainnet.

Stakenet is not a "competitor" to Bitcoin at all, quite the opposite actually. Stakenet aims to ENHANCE the user experience of BTC and LTC. How? Stakenet is a masternode coin, which will run the first Lightning DEX protocol in the world, only by utilizing masternodes. This is a genius way to use lightning, since masternodes are paid in multiple ways.

Block rewards
Lightning Transactions
Privacy Transactions
dApps, like The Multi Currency Lightning Wallet
Cold Staking Contracts
And more

So in this setup, there is an actual incentive to run a lightning node, since you already have a server running (your masternode) in the first place!
This means, you'll be able to send and recieve BTC/LTC/XSN over lightning in seconds, and hold them in Stakenet's Multi Currency Wallet. (Which will be available on IOS and Android as well).

This also means, that XSN is accepted as payment everywhere where BTC or LTC is accepted, since you can swap during payment in mere seconds.

Once USDT moves to Lightning as well, you'll be able to trade BTC/USDT straight from your wallet, without EVER moving your funds outside your own wallet. You wont even need an exchange in this case, and it SHOULD really give anyone the peace of mind, that they wont be victim of any exchange hacks moving forward.

What do you guys think? Before anyone comments about the "liquidity" issue of the DEX, go read about their DEX aggregator solution, (order book combining from multiple exchanges) first. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marckolind

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 05:42:07 PM

It does look promising as a project "supporting" BTC and LTC in a way.

There are so many projects out there - It's hard to predict which way the market is turning short term, but in the long term I'm sure XSN will do just fine.
Altseasonmike

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 06:55:04 PM

What Kind of Lightning will be used in that Solution?

Lightning seems to be the Future but is it secure enough?
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 07:11:58 PM

What Kind of Lightning will be used in that Solution?

Lightning seems to be the Future but is it secure enough?

Lightning will be completely decentralized, and easy to use for anyone who wants to try it out. Masternodes who acts as the backbone will run all the technical stuff, and the "consumer" of the services, will be able to use all these lightning services for payments on goods and services online and offline, as well trade coins back and forth. When staking, you'll be able to choose to recieve BTC/LTC or any other coin you want as incentive to stake XSN.

Lightning is fully secure, and is being worked on constantly.
Altseasonmike

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 09:35:47 PM

So you mean, it is possible to stake xsn and get btc as reward instead?
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 01:06:18 PM

The picture below answers your question pretty much. Using CCPOS, which will be enabled eventually, you'll be able to cross chain stake your XSN. Pretty cool Wink

falce

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 01:11:00 PM

at the moment, no. given the pace of their development - nothing useable since nov 11th 2018 - maybe in 2020. ccpos is at 10%, given that the wallet was at 100% in may, maybe even 2021
ichai

Activity: 445

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 01:40:09 PM

I think your project has a future, but let me see the evidence that you have cooperated with Litecoin? If you have real evidence, you will surely have a successful project.
Come back here and show me your proof, if you can show it to me, I'm ready to be the project's bounty manager for very cheap wages!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Altseasonmike

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:31:52 PM

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/litecoin-foundation-x9-developers-announce-133500088.html

Nice  Cool
cribusen
Copper Member

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:59:43 PM

I have already heard of Stakenet and it seems like it would be another banger in the nearest future. The only question is why is the price so unstable and how long does it take to launch their wallet and all those factors?
Altseasonmike

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 04:40:16 PM

I guess it is because of the Exchange Situation.
They launch on 2 more Exchanges soon, should bring a fix to that.
On the other side, they had no ico/premine or any and all runs on blockrewards.
So this is what makes me so interested in this project.
I expect huge waves.
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 06:32:03 PM

I think your project has a future, but let me see the evidence that you have cooperated with Litecoin? If you have real evidence, you will surely have a successful project.
Come back here and show me your proof, if you can show it to me, I'm ready to be the project's bounty manager for very cheap wages!

Here's proof. Quick Google search would have confirmed it's true.
https://medium.com/@LitecoinDotCom/litecoin-foundation-x9-devs-partner-to-support-ltcd-and-lightning-network-19c37db23d70

I have already heard of Stakenet and it seems like it would be another banger in the nearest future. The only question is why is the price so unstable and how long does it take to launch their wallet and all those factors?

The Multi Currency Wallet (With integrated Lightning Swaps, and TOR-integration) is finished, but is undergoing public beta testing, to make sure all bugs, typos, UI flaws, and other small things like that is fixed.
The Stakenet Lightning DEX is also 80% complete, so should be out before the year ends.

Exchange situation:

Stakenet is confirmed to be listed on Beaxy, and Bitfineon, both brand new exchanges which is under full regulation, and with FIAT-on ramps.
Once the Stakenet DEX launches, the project doesn't need any centralized exchanges anymore. Which is pretty awesome
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 12:44:16 AM

Good questions buddy, the market will decide the destiny of this project I guess. I'd suggest to take a look at mintMe project, it's an exchange with a list of tokenized projects from entrepreneurs such as artists, YouTubers, and influencers thus the traders have the chance to decide which tokens are the best to trade with, all of this at the same mintMe platform

By looking at your username, I assume you're the founder/creator of this project? Never heard of it, but I'll check it out, lol.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 11:31:23 AM

I think the cross-chain proof of stake idea is a really good idea and the market cap is only about $4million right now. I'll probably pick up a few while it's only at $.04. I'm guessing they're not on track to get the cross-chain staking working by the end of the year? Their roadmap shows it's only 10% of the way completed and we're in October. I guess we'll see. I'll keep an eye on that and get in if it looks like that feature is getting close to being done.
Marckolind

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 02:51:38 PM

I think the cross-chain proof of stake idea is a really good idea and the market cap is only about $4million right now. I'll probably pick up a few while it's only at $.04. I'm guessing they're not on track to get the cross-chain staking working by the end of the year? Their roadmap shows it's only 10% of the way completed and we're in October. I guess we'll see. I'll keep an eye on that and get in if it looks like that feature is getting close to being done.

The DEX needs to be up and running, before they can start working on it, but once it's up and running (and will be soon), it should be a fairly easy integration on their part.
If not by the end of the year, I expect cross chain staking to be available at Q1 2020. Smiley
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 06:31:37 PM

The DEX needs to be up and running, before they can start working on it, but once it's up and running (and will be soon), it should be a fairly easy integration on their part.
If not by the end of the year, I expect cross chain staking to be available at Q1 2020. Smiley

Awesome! I'll go find this project on social media somewhere so I can follow the project. If it looks like it's getting close to completion, I'll probably pick up a few. The only thing I don't like is it's not really on any good exchanges. That makes it kind of hard to pick up the coin right now. I'll definitely be picking some up eventually though.
cabbarlana

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

send and receive money instantly, w/no hidden cost

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 11:42:49 PM

The cross-chain event does not work at any desired efficiency. Under normal circumstances, this market is very open to innovation. However, something needs to be accepted and used to make money unfortunately. Good advertising means a lot.

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 06:00:36 AM

just be careful on those copycats that want to beat bitcoin or litecoin. they might have outstanding features but they won't beat the popularity or longevity of these old coins
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 06:47:53 PM

just be careful on those copycats that want to beat bitcoin or litecoin. they might have outstanding features but they won't beat the popularity or longevity of these old coins

I think you've got the wrong impression of Stakenet dude. They DONT want to be the "the best", it's been addressed by the devs so many times already. They want to ENHANCE the user experience of BTC, LTC, and crypto in general. Making it easier to access, trade, store, etc. etc.

No one's beating BTC or LTC in terms of popularity like that, you'd be completely delusional if that was your game plan.
nightflightcourt

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 04:31:13 AM

Yeah Stakenet isn't trying to reinvent the wheel. If anything, it's working to put the wheels on a lighter, stronger tire axle.  Grin
The only thing they're really trying to replace are shady centralized exchanges.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: