Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Devs and CEOs  (Read 786 times)
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 10:59:23 PM

Bad devs and CEO are one of the major reasons why crypto adoption is retarded. Regulations will go a long way to curb this. We need more honest, devoted and experienced team members.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 11:51:48 PM

Open and free market, and that will be the consequences.

That's why they have the nerved to show their faces in public and they don't care if they're going to scam us because we are very gullible and easily fall for their trick. That's why iCO are uncontrollable as this point and maybe projects even though very legit doesn't have the success they are hoping because the model is tainted already.

So if there is a KYC for bounty hunters, projects themselves should also do that so that we can file a case against them if they run with our money. Although majority didn't give a s**t, they are all after the money and will hide on some countries.

Though I must admit it must be hard to implement this kind of action due to geopolitical considerations I think there must be
some kind of an oversight body or a central authority to take a look into these kinds of frauds and prosecute those who are
responsible if found guilty of any wrong doing as I think that this is an important issue to be addressed as the crypto-industry
continues to grow.
MrGGates

Activity: 169
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 11:55:43 PM

If some disciplinary act are been taken against teams and devs greedy habits will reduce in crypto space, bad devs and ceo are showing their faces to the public introducing their project to gain awareness, the teams are even going for blockchain seminars and here we are thinking they are doing the right thing to easily achieve success and increase adoption rate too but in the end the project still turn to scam, in crypto and blockchain tech a piece of paper anybody can just trampled on and do as they see fit? its really unfair, investors are taking risks i think these kind of devs should be dealt with to stand as an example for those who have evil thoughts of using blockchain
out there a lot of devs who have conducted seminars and interviews about their projects, but I wonder why they still do not run well even many projects that are scam or fail, is this the wrong project or the absence of investors make the project fail?
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 01:15:53 AM

Yes you are right; but some ceo/devs play their dirty game right
They complete ieo; list and ensure that trading was a success for a few months

And they quietly walk away from project development rendering the coin to get dumped and shit

And always ended up being a shitcoin. That's the sad reality. DEVs and CEOs are trying to make a false high hopes to all the investors and participants that their projects will going to be successful where in fact, their main goal is just to collect money and then ran away. I've joined once in a bounty projecs which disappointed me a lot because they are promising and always moved the dates where the distribution of the tokens are supossedly given. Those are the obvious not sincere moves of the team.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 02:14:02 AM

If some disciplinary act are been taken against teams and devs greedy habits will reduce in crypto space, bad devs and ceo are showing their faces to the public introducing their project to gain awareness, the teams are even going for blockchain seminars and here we are thinking they are doing the right thing to easily achieve success and increase adoption rate too but in the end the project still turn to scam, in crypto and blockchain tech a piece of paper anybody can just trampled on and do as they see fit? its really unfair, investors are taking risks i think these kind of devs should be dealt with to stand as an example for those who have evil thoughts of using blockchain

If my memory serves me right, there were already several crypto project personalities who ended up prosecuted because of their shady projects. If anyone can still remember, there was Centra, Titanium, Envion, and others whose developers and other higher ups are involved in legal cases. I guess some of the people involved are already serving prison terms.

What is needed actually is an initiative to file a formal complaint or case against these scammers and stick to it until resolved. This is going to be the hardest part, needless to say. Others are contented complaining through different platforms while the real culprit is still free.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 02:25:45 AM

Actually mate based in my experience on some scam projects most of the dev's didn't show their real face wherein only anonymous photos and it's either fake profile and only the staff has a real face , and the partners also.  So be aware and let's spread this kind of strategy of some scam project . In order to help others as well how to choose the trusted one. 
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 11:56:20 AM

It is just because people are too lazy to actually look into the project details and don’t want to spend time in researching and making efforts. They end up buying shits at high prices and then eventually these shit coins come down and then these investors complaint.
Greatchu (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 12:21:59 PM

Without strict regulation there are a lot of scams in the market, we need to understand first the status of the market in order to see how big the risk investing here. Even if they will be punished, but what about our investment, it will still be gone and we will consider it a loss.

This isn't new as its been known to us that majority of the projects in crypto are scams, in fact during the time when ICO was still popular, I read an article that 80% of the ICO are scams, so that would tell how risky it is investing in ICO.
Then maybe we need somekind of hold on investors fund? i mean what if developers are been forced to have back up plan for investors funds even if things go wrong? regulation should be able to deliver this kind of solution, if investors funds are somehow safe then we will have many new investors

Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 10:03:30 PM

It is just because people are too lazy to actually look into the project details and don’t want to spend time in researching and making efforts. They end up buying shits at high prices and then eventually these shit coins come down and then these investors complaint.
You can't just blame the people for falling to scam thinking thousands of people failed to do their homework. The truth is Devs and CEO with the intention to scam will never reveal that to anyone and the serious ones will go to the extent of obtaining necessary licences, only to slowly pull a beautiful exit scam.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 650

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 10:12:40 PM

Don't be surprised on having this kind of system due to lack of regulations that's why we are seeing this countless number of scams.
They can show up their faces but we cant sue them up when the project tends to fail in the end.This is the main reason why global adoption isn't really that
fast because traditional investors wont consider out crypto as an investment due to this reason.This is why in depth research is a must when we do talk about crypto investment
and you should not only look into their faces or appearance.Always look up on how capable they are and on whats the project is all about.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 02:01:43 AM

Indeed, bad peoples in crypto projects makes no investors come to cryptocurrency anymore.
Sometime maybe regulations are needed to prevent bad peoples running the project to scam others

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 02:32:04 AM

Dont easily attract with some of the pictures of conference these VEOs attending or showing in their social groups. Sometime it is just an edited photo from other people's or project's event. I see some already did it and the only thing can prove it is the people who attended that conference and can confirm their presence. So unfortunate that some CEO are being used as bait here doesnt even know their photos are used and being on a trip.

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 03:29:45 AM

The problem is that there will always be scams. Not just scams, there are also legit projects that will end up dead just like the scams. And if there are no regulations that will rule the market, the responsibility not to end up investing in scams and poor projects fall entirely to the investors themselves. And so as investors, we should learn to keep our guard high. We cannot be rush in investing. It is better to have failed to invest on a good project rather than investing on a bad egg. Every detail of the project must count and be thoroughly reviewed. 
Jorge158

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 03:36:28 AM

In such scenario where developers will avail themselves and organize meetups, seminars, presentation all in the name to create awareness of their project means the team is serious about the project. It is not always the case that some projects are scam, some may just fail to survive because of inexperienced team, unorganized strategies, bad advisor, no working product, low funds to continue project development. This is why, investors must look out for factors like these before joining the investment of projects.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 06:20:25 PM

Those things that you see them do are well planned scammed, because they know already that we don’t give a shit to anonymity again, and if you want to get our money for your project, you have to show your face, and that is why they do those seminars and even show their face, but they have a professional way they scam, they will never collect your money and disappear, never.

What they will just do is to list in on a shit exchange and then allow the volume to die gradually as there will be no new investors for it and most of the investors will dump it immediately they enter that exchange, if they manage to deceive us by ethereum big exchange, what they do is to dump the remaining unburned token and then crash the market to the project can silently die.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 07:54:06 PM

We need to have a unified community that will bring these guys to book. Many of these devs and ceos lose their way along the line and then they discover how shitty and unworkable their project is and the next thing they do is to dump tokens and exit scam. This cycle needs to break and it will only do so when these dubious folks are brought to book.

Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 08:18:23 PM

Bad devs and CEO are one of the major reasons why crypto adoption is retarded. Regulations will go a long way to curb this. We need more honest, devoted and experienced team members.

Its good if we see more honest and devoted team members but if scammers are still around it won't change anything because some investors will still fall victim to these scam projects, facing scammers and giving them severe blows with strict regulation is the only way i can think of right now

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 09:14:09 PM

This is the reason why sometimes I think introducing a strict regulatory body to control any form of token sale will be the best because any one at all just invest in a project by paying to exchanges and then they issue any amount of tokens and start selling to people. The worst thing is that sometimes, they do not even list an any better exchanges and investors realize that their monies are gone forever when the devs close down their site or stop giving announcement as at first.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 09:28:07 PM

It might surprise you to know that some of the photos you see as the face developers are not even the people behind it. Most photos are made up, and same as the names.
There may not be any straight forward way to prevent them from setting up scam projects to suck people dry but one of the best way to prevent this is for investors to stop falling into their pit.
If investors do not pay them attention, they don't gain anything and simply close up the project.

This is the reason why you need to do your own digging on the project.
As some are using fake profiles, you can easily check it via Google image search.
If you are seriously investing a particular project, you need to put effort into it.
Very hard to go after them as there is no central authority for this yet.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 09:30:01 PM

It might surprise you to know that some of the photos you see as the face developers are not even the people behind it. Most photos are made up, and same as the names.
There may not be any straight forward way to prevent them from setting up scam projects to suck people dry but one of the best way to prevent this is for investors to stop falling into their pit.
If investors do not pay them attention, they don't gain anything and simply close up the project.
Well, if someone wants to support a promising project they should do their own research first before giving money to any random people over the internet. Knowing them will give you a better chance of making a profit of the said project in the future.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: