Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about the first IEO-STO hybrid - Security Token Exchange Offer  (Read 125 times)
CryptoTrue (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 09:36:48 AM

Source https://news.bitcoin.com/the-changing-shape-of-crypto-funding-in-2019/

Meanwhile, Dreamr, a social networking application geared towards entrepreneurs, is going for an IEO-STO hybrid and planning a Security Token Exchange Offering (STEO). The sale will be held on crypto exchange IDCM, with ordinary investors able to participate. Strategic advisory firm Pirate Capital, led by Joseph Bar-Katz, prepared the offering under Regulation S, which excludes U.S. residents from participating. Bar-Katz asserts that this provision “should allow for the DRMR Token to be soon available internationally.”
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 10:05:29 AM
Merited by Herbert2020 (1)

Developers can get funded through whatever means they like as long as they are not using the fund to develop "true cryptocurrency" (well decentralized and open Blockchain). If they don't, there could be  consequence in the future for agreeing to exchange/government Terms of Service to get funded but operating real decentralized cryptocurrency that can't be easily regulated by government.
In my opinion, you must operate under government rules after getting funded through governments/centralized exchanges otherwise you could get seriously penalized in the future when stricter law against some type of cryptocurrencies is introduced.

Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 01:44:14 PM

I guess most investors wouldn't really mind what type of funding process the project will be conducting but rather they would be interested if the project has indeed got the key elements necessary for it to become a success thus they want to know if their investment would bring good returns or not?
mendra_2009

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:12:17 PM

Interesting. But, what about IEO's previous performance on IDCM exchange?
Are their participants satisfied or feeling REKT?

Honestly, this is my first time hearing this exchange. Also, I think this is the first time and maybe this is the only project that do an IEO-STO Hybrid.

confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:17:12 PM

They had an awesome market team  Cheesy There is no way of making a name more hype name than Security Token Exchange Offering. Anyway, it would not bring much, if this STEO is not held by the biggest exchanges like Huobi.

CryptoTrue (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 09:09:43 PM

Cointelegraph writes about STEO https://cointelegraph.com/news/a-new-trend-in-crypto-funding-campaigns-companies-resorting-to-ieos
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 09:16:19 PM

I think stos fit more into ieo category because nowadays due to regulators stos are required complete kyc from investors while exchanges already have user/investor data which can make the participation in an sto hassle free and without the need to pass kyc verification again, i think this match is near to perfect and i agree that such a thing should have been on a bigger exchange to make it more mainstream and successful.

vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:50:44 PM

I believe it is a good name but without any purpose. You can name a token sale in any way that you prefer, but if there is no product that has value, it won't bring any additional benefits and won't attract more audience.
alexforneus

Activity: 133
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:54:28 PM

People are trying to invent new ways of collecting money
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 03:41:47 PM

haha, it doesn't matter how many times the name changes or how many letters in that abbreviation is. in the end the product is the same shitty useless token that is not used at all for anything except fund raising and scamming newbies.
in fact that is the main reason why the subsequent scams called STO and then IEOs couldn't live any longer than a couple of months unlike the original scam ICO that lasted for over a year. each name change only sustains the scam for a shorter and shorter time.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 05:32:03 PM

People are trying to invent new ways of collecting money

More like new ways of scamming, or better to say, rebranding old scams when they get too stale and no one gets fooled anymore. Essentially it's all still the same - people ask for money from strangers, and promise to deliver a product in a few years, except there's nothing that legally binds them to deliver it, so they can just quietly move on after a year or two. Nothing good will come from IEO, STO and all other offerings.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██