Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:21:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost transaction from Gemini to Electrum  (Read 176 times)
rabooze (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 02:20:47 PM

I transferred some BTC from my Gemini account to my Electrum wallet. Gemini shows that it is gone but it is not showing up in my Electrum Wallet. It has been 2 days now. Here is the blockchain search on the transaction. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't had an issue before.

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1BrwctXi8FbYnFtXA9gTX7rL68uSr3Poch
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 02:23:52 PM

Gemini shows that it is gone but it is not showing up in my Electrum Wallet. It has been 2 days now.

If you are completely sure that the address is correct and belongs to your Electrum wallet then it seems to be a connectivity issue. What version of Electrum do you have? Versions older than 3.3.0 can't connect anymore to the network. Download the latest version from here and verify the installer. If you are running the latest version then click on the red dot in the bottom-right corner and change the server.
rabooze (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 02:28:57 PM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

Gemini shows that it is gone but it is not showing up in my Electrum Wallet. It has been 2 days now.

If you are completely sure that the address is correct and belongs to your Electrum wallet then it seems to be a connectivity issue. What version of Electrum do you have? Versions older than 3.3.0 can't connect anymore to the network. Download the latest version from here and verify the installer. If you are running the latest version then click on the red dot in the bottom-right corner and change the server.

Thanks! That was the issue. I was on 3.23. I hadn't done a transfer since late last year. Much appreciated. I set my wallet to notify me of new versions going forward.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 02:32:32 PM

Thanks! That was the issue. I was on 3.23. I hadn't done a transfer since late last year. Much appreciated. I set my wallet to notify me of new versions going forward.

Remember to check what website you download the update from and always verify the installation file. A lot of users have suffered from the recent phishing attack because of lack of caution. It shouldn't happen anymore since update messages are signed with a hardcoded Bitcoin address and the bug has been fixed. Better safe than sorry.
lightningmelo
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 22

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 03:25:32 PM

Glad you sorted out your issue.

As others pointed out, be sure that you're downloading from electrum [dot] org.

It's the only website you can trust to download electrum.

Also you should consider using blockstream.info as your block explorer, offers a bit more privacy than blockchain.com.

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 03:29:49 PM

Also you should consider using blockstream.info as your block explorer, offers a bit more privacy than blockchain.com.
It also offers more functionality, and is much more a political in pushing their stances.
What am i talking about? Well, Blockchain.info still doesn't support bech (segwit) adresses, while blockstream does. (And other explorers such as Blockchair, which are EVEN better in my opinion).

So really, use any block explorer but blockchain.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: