Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:04:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There has never been a worse time to hold altcoins  (Read 3337 times)
ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2019, 04:54:53 PM

i'm not someone that can read graphic or signal on market like that, but so far i still holding alt. i believe that this condition just like 2016 to 2017. As long the cryptocurrency community keep growing, there is still chance there price will back or pump

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EdenDice

Activity: 418
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 07:48:57 PM

You are absolutely right! The present situation is the worst for altcoins! The whole crypto market is down now, but still, Bitcoin holds more than 68% dominance and altcoins investor has barely profit in this whole year! In the next three months, Altcoins market cap will be decreasing too! So, you are very right here!

greg007r

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 08:18:44 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2019, 08:58:50 PM by greg007r

Hi,
For me, the trend regarding altcoins is once bought, you have no other option to sell it as soon as possible (with profit) flushing the market progressively.
Thousand of computer/AI around the world are tracking opportunities, influencing artificially exchanges.
Billions of crypto-tokens are flowing from the cryptospace to the exchanges to be converted in BTC, leaving the value near from 0 sat.

The altcoin are so fragmented, no adoption, why the hell would I buy/hold monaco coin or crowd machine token ? No one use these tokens, there is nothing you can pratically do with it.
Most of the time while trading, I don't care about coin purpose but playing the opportunity.

Is there anyone sharing  my opinion ?
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 08:51:48 PM

When I come across this kind of opinion or statement, I always ask myself how the crypto market would be without altcoins. I'm not disputing the kingship of bitcoin, but altcoins brings more dynamism and diversity to the crypto industry. The shitcoins are as good as dead, but for the genuine ones that offer real good usecase to the world, I can't but to wish them success.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 10:04:41 PM

Most of the altcoins I've been holding for long term have reduced my funds with wide margin. I bought DENT at 25 sats when I saw many big development updates for instance, but today DENT is at 4 sats. I also bought NPXS and BTT, those are nothing to write home about presently with regards price, even with their solid projects as acclaimed. I understand BTC presently is also on a downtrend but it's far better than holding some altcoins for long, since the team might decide to dump and blame it on the market per say. Let's just hope things get better in crypto space, my experience has been horrible with altcoins.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2019, 10:17:22 PM

Lets not pound on all altcoin I think there are significant few that have a really good backing and the truth is if you can hold the good ones and have patience then am sure you will reap the reward the idea is just to keep hold of what you have and make gain as it progress I will suggest year end or next for some

retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2019, 10:24:41 PM

therefore we have to do an analysis on the potential altcoin, the risk of choosing investments in new coins or tokens the risk is greater. if we know the pattern, when the dominance of BTC decreases, usually the trend up to altcoin starts to appear. Analyze the floor, take a chance if it will bounce immediately. But remember, choose a strong altcoin, which already has a niche and market power.

Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 11:43:46 PM

Lets not pound on all altcoin I think there are significant few that have a really good backing and the truth is if you can hold the good ones and have patience then am sure you will reap the reward the idea is just to keep hold of what you have and make gain as it progress I will suggest year end or next for some
Yes. I believe there are still potential altcoins that will survive in this crypto market and if we just keep holding them, we will still be able to make good income from them. Although those profitable days for altcoins are already gone, but we should not lose patience in hoping that potential altcoins will still be profitable in the coming months or years as its price will keep pumping until it reaches a good selling price.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 03:57:36 PM

Hearing some analyst say that altcoin will seize to exist in the next five years, I think they are not far from truth because these step you want to take is one of the killer of altcoins, most investors of altcoins that we have now are no longer putting money, and then they are also not creating awareness for new investors to come in, even the new investors that are coming in are being discourage seeing what others are saying about altcoins.

You are here too already planning to dump all altcoins as soon as they pump, and I am sure that if you succeed in doing that, that will be the end of altcoins, and I think part of me will actually do that too for coins that I feel are not to be trusted and maybe I will just stick with coins that are within the top 5 and most especially bitcoin, which is the main coin that most investors are putting their money now.

The main problem is people investing in "crypto" don't understand that cryptocurrencies are adversarial in nature. It took me years to realize this... but basically, for a crypto to have value, it has to be able to survive on it's own, irrespective of what regulations are being put in place. In order for this to be viable, the token must have a decentralized network. Now the obvious question and answer: Does any other coin but Bitcoin have the characteristics to be called decentralized? No. Because of this reason alone, all other these tokens are nothing but fiat derivatives, the underlying fundamentals are flawed, they can never have any relevant, hard-money-like long term value.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:10:46 PM

We're sharing the same fears here, the fear of the death of altcoins. That's one of the nightmares that i keep dreaming of and i almost can be assure that the future of "some" altcoins will be death. Even if only one token or coin dies, it will mean that alot of fiat will be lost, that will affect alot of other projects and especially the cryptoworld in general. That will cause a dump. There's no solutions here but just hope for a brighter future, that's it.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:21:48 PM

Holding altcoins in a long term will be effective only if it has a potential to increase in the future, or promising.
And if that happens there is a probability that you can earn big in the future, however if you hold the wrong altcoin
time will will turn into waste only, so be careful and be wise before anything else.
if I bought 1000 coins for 1 eth, then if these coins grow and my profit is 1.5 ethers, then I sell tokens for 1 eth and I leave 0.5 eth in this coin for long-term
Not bad not great. As a crypto trader, if you can increase the portfolio value and you have trading skills for boosting the crypto portfolio you are good to go. There have been a worst days and it is always possible to see a bad days but what matters is to keep faith as a crypto enthusiast. Initial investment amounts are usually higher than 1 Ethereum worth token value but this value fluctuate along with the market cycles.
rocku12345

Activity: 882
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:31:34 PM

Almost all altcoins continue to follow the development trend of bitcoin price. Due to the speculative component of cryptocurrency, the general trend will be unstable for a long time and force players with weak nerves to sell their assets on a downtrend.
We're sharing the same fears here, the fear of the death of altcoins. That's one of the nightmares that i keep dreaming of and i almost can be assure that the future of "some" altcoins will be death. Even if only one token or coin dies, it will mean that alot of fiat will be lost, that will affect alot of other projects and especially the cryptoworld in general. That will cause a dump. There's no solutions here but just hope for a brighter future, that's it.
Fear is the main enemy in trading business. Competent analysis should make your balances more stable...so teach yourself to research the market using coingecko.com or other resources.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:40:30 PM

That graph is only for 2019 right ? We all knew that 2019 was not a good time to trade altcoins especially in q1 and q2 but there is still hope for q3 and q4 for the accumulation zone which in my opinion already began. You will be surprised to see what 2020 and 2021 will bring for good altcoins and I'm taking only for a few of them.

If you hold bags of dead coins better dump them before they go to 0 as most of them took 90% from initial investors and they don't plan to ever come back to that price. Just have a look on ROI on every major altcoin and you will see that almost none of them return something to the investors since the last bull run. Furthermore they won't even think to exit scam as they already did long time ago ( check masternodes per example and you will see what I'm talking about ). Another problem will be the fact that people will keep buying dead altcoins, keeping them alive in some way when they should get abolish from the markets.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 06:04:58 PM

If tokens are an application to real business, then they will still rise in price even after three years of a bear market. The price of the token, this is only a reflection of the current state of the cryptocurrency market, and not the state of the token project. Therefore, I do not think that we need to get rid of old tokens as absolutely useless. I believe that at least a certain part of them is still able to give us good profit.
manok jepang

Activity: 757
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 06:06:53 PM

Anyone who is late in the alt season will be stuck holding some expensive bags. An expensive bag that may never return to the highest price before. However, most crypto investors held out hope for the promise of an "alt season" - a period in which sales in the asset class were completely depleted, and low liquidity combined with FOMO significantly raised the price of each altcoin in a short amount of time. Such an event brought a lot of crazy returns at the peak of the Bitcoin bull rate.

bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 06:24:37 PM

Almost all altcoins continue to follow the development trend of bitcoin price. Due to the speculative component of cryptocurrency, the general trend will be unstable for a long time and force players with weak nerves to sell their assets on a downtrend.

Many traders and investors sell their altcoin at low price,due to panic. The reason behind is loss of experiences and loss of patience.Panic will be the worst thing,which traders will get easily. If they inverse their real money for trading. Altcoin is the best one to inverse with a less capital.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:28:13 AM

It's not guaranteed the market will always behave according to the chart. I did not give up on altcoins. I still believe altcoin glory will come back again anytime but by holding from long I am in huge loss even I agree most of the altcoins are at their bottom. I will remain positive because I believe in the potential of the crypto market.

skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2096

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2019, 07:40:33 AM

There is quite a lot of shitcoin circulating and stored in the wallet of the investor or prize participant.  In my opinion it's not worth keeping, especially for prize hunters.  Investors may still have the expected goals of the project because they clearly spend money to get it.
Even though it's still not sure if it won't be pumped, it shouldn't be maintained while it is still possible to sell.
Everyone has a perception, believe in yourself and do it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 08:27:32 AM

It's not guaranteed the market will always behave according to the chart. I did not give up on altcoins. I still believe altcoin glory will come back again anytime but by holding from long I am in huge loss even I agree most of the altcoins are at their bottom. I will remain positive because I believe in the potential of the crypto market.

I agree with you. Because the chart is not right always which was proved in the previous year and in 2018, altcoins situation was far worse than now. ETH price was 85 USD! But the crypto market bounced back and the same thing will happen again. This is a tough situation for altcoin holders but we are already used to with it.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit