Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:18:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zimbabwean Dollar bills  (Read 140 times)
arbiter5 (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

The Nomad

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2019, 01:42:50 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2019, 04:50:19 AM by arbiter5

Anyone here knows a legitimate website where I can buy a 10 trillion dollar venezuelan bolivarZimbabwean bill? Been looking for a while but couldn't find a website selling them that's pretty reputable.

"The cybereconomy could well be the greatest economic phenomenon of the next thirty years."
— The Sovereign Individual
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 04:27:54 PM

Anyone here knows a legitimate website where I can buy a 10 trillion dollar venezuelan bolivar bill? Been looking for a while but couldn't find a website selling them that's pretty reputable.

Those don't exist (yet). The highest that I know about is 100,000 bolivares fuertes. Perhaps you are thinking about Zimbabwe?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2019, 04:54:50 PM

Anyone here knows a legitimate website where I can buy a 10 trillion dollar venezuelan bolivar bill? Been looking for a while but couldn't find a website selling them that's pretty reputable.

The bolivar is in its third incarnation (ie. renamed), the current bolivar (soberano) is worth 100 000 000 of the bolivars from before 2008.

Currently this third bolivar has exactly 3 banknotes, they are all identical except for the printed number, and the banknote color itself (which is simple, single color, quite ugly compared to the previous banknotes, people here joke about them saying they used economy mode at the print facility.

Those 3 banknotes are: 50 000, 20 000, and 10 000. If you go to a bank, you can withdraw a single banknote, of either of these 3 denominations (if available), per day.

Yes, only about 2 USD per day (which happens to fit neatly the monthly minimum wage of 40 000...).

Zimbabwe and history's most infamously Hungary, did made banknotes with several zeroes. Currently Venezuela has the worst fiat coin, but its banknotes are still not reflecting this. It will come a time when the inflation is faster than the govs ability to print bills (which is how Zimbabwe gave up and lost its coin).

1 VES = 100 000 VEF. (2018)
1 VEF = 1 000 VEB. (2008)

While currently the VES has only those 3 banknotes, there were several of smaller denomination (and coins) when it entered circulation exactly one year ago. Of course those are collectibles, but worthless for daily use, except the biggest ones: 500, 200 and 100, which are still in circulation but no new ones were ever printed after its initial launch a year ago (and it would be pointless, anyway). Sadly, no other banknotes between 500 and 10 000 exist. Your "change" for paying with any of the current 3 banknotes (or USD) won't look funny, bring a bag, forget wallets...

The USD is circulating but its not exactly official, it was allowed recently (a few months back), but the practice was illegal before (people were doing it anyway).

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
arbiter5 (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

The Nomad

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 04:49:40 AM

Those don't exist (yet). The highest that I know about is 100,000 bolivares fuertes. Perhaps you are thinking about Zimbabwe?

Fuck. Yes, I meant Zimbabwean dollars.

"The cybereconomy could well be the greatest economic phenomenon of the next thirty years."
— The Sovereign Individual
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: