Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enlighten me because am a Bit Confused  (Read 130 times)
joseyphil82 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 08:03:34 PM

I was surfing coinmarketcap website for new added projects just to stay on point but i saw few projects that was listed on CMC with ridiculous trading volume, imagine a project having only 3k traing volume get listed on CMC, my question is why did CMC list such project in the first place?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 10:10:38 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

AFAIK CMC will list a token as long as they comply to their requirements, they have this criteria: https://coinmarketcap.com/methodology/#listings-criteria and if the project pass on that measure then they are likely to be listed.
I think that CMC isn't really strict with their request form, they should delist those tokens that are found to be manipulating their volume.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Bananington

Activity: 1400
Merit: 344

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 10:30:03 PM

What if CMC listed them because they met requirements at the time of listing and afterwards the trading volume reduced drastically, we won't blame that on CMC right? Of course not. So probably this is what happened. CMC has requisites for listing, if a project reach the threshold, then they are eligible for listing.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 10:49:58 PM

What if CMC listed them because they met requirements at the time of listing and afterwards the trading volume reduced drastically, we won't blame that on CMC right? Of course not. So probably this is what happened. CMC has requisites for listing, if a project reach the threshold, then they are eligible for listing.
CMC never hold any responsibility if a certain coin/token listed to their list. Anything that possible to happen afterwards will depend on the market demand and how their devs work on it in order to sustain its market volume. They will be only delisted if there is no market improvement been observed or their market volume will dump hard.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 10:57:18 PM

CMC never hold any responsibility if a certain coin/token listed to their list. Anything that possible to happen afterwards will depend on the market demand and how their devs work on it in order to sustain its market volume. They will be only delisted if there is no market improvement been observed or their market volume will dump hard.

I agree to you and beside CMC have their own requirement before listing any project in their site if they complete the requirement then CMC will list the project after that CMC have no responsibility just do your own risk management.

cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 11:07:02 PM

I’m not sure why you criticize coinmarketcap because they probably have done their job in revealing the trade exchange as well as its daily Volume

We are now in 2019, everyone is responsible for any investment plan or option they choose
So coinmarketcap has provided you the information; all you have to do is do your own research and make the decisions

chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 11:38:53 PM

I was surfing coinmarketcap website for new added projects just to stay on point but i saw few projects that was listed on CMC with ridiculous trading volume, imagine a project having only 3k traing volume get listed on CMC, my question is why did CMC list such project in the first place?

Coinmarketcap has been cleaning up lately, their android app is simply lovely, it really makes things convenient, like having the baked in crypto price converter. I believe that exaggerated exchange volumes are one of the reasons an Bitcoin ETF hasn't been approved. Too much market manipulation and uncertainty.

Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 11:56:17 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

Our view is that we should always over-provide data (as opposed to censoring and policing information) and let our users draw their own conclusions.[1]

That is from coinmarketcap.

Apparently, coinmarketcap does not mean that they do not filter. They do filter their listing, however, if a coin can provide all the necessary requirements and has open and smooth communication with them, they will probably be admitted. Whatever happens to the coin before and after getting admitted is beyond coinmarketcap's control. If the coin suddenly turned into a shitcoin in the months that followed after listing, they will probably stay there for a while until notice is given to CMC regarding the status of the coin. It might get delisted eventually.

[1] https://coinmarketcap.com/methodology/#listings-criteria
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 11:57:24 PM

To list certain coin/token/exchange on the Coin market Cap must meet several criteria. It is not only seen from the trading volume.
You can check the completed criteria on this source: https://coinmarketcap.com/faq/ and https://coinmarketcap.com/methodology/#listings-criteria

They explain it clearly with the exact rule and regulation including the terms and conditions why a coin/token/exchange has its place to list on CMC or not.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 04:07:45 PM

Some tokens might have been listed a while ago and because of lack development or no product to create utility, such tokens might no longer be traded as there won't be any use for it and thereby, no new buyers. I guess that might be the reason. Another way of looking into it is that those tokens you see on CMC pay to get listed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: