Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No trading volume is same as dead coin  (Read 1965 times)
Stanlo (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:28:26 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

Are coins and tokens that have good value like 0.02 or even 0.2cent on exchanges with no volume the same bad news as coins that haven't made it to an exchange yet? what do you guys have to say about this? i am currently holding two different tokens with good value but no trading volume, any hope for such projects?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:32:23 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

Are coins and tokens that have good value like 0.02 or even 0.2cent on exchanges with no volume the same bad news as coins that haven't made it to an exchange yet?
Yes, no volume means that there's no taker/buyer. How can you sell if there's no one that is willing to accept and pay for it on the other side? no volume coins are the same as dead coins. No use, has price but no value.

i am currently holding two different tokens with good value but no trading volume, any hope for such projects?
Did those tokens came from the bounty that you participated? if that's the case most tokens that came from those are likely to have the same fate.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Denongels

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:37:56 PM

for tokens that do not have trading volume depending on friends, if there is still seriousness on part of team project I think there is still hope, but if not I think this will be a dead token, I myself often get tokens like that but from my experience most projects like that there is no hope even some who exit the scam because their dev and community manager disappeared.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:40:15 PM

Are coins and tokens that have good value like 0.02 or even 0.2cent on exchanges with no volume the same bad news as coins that haven't made it to an exchange yet? what do you guys have to say about this? i am currently holding two different tokens with good value but no trading volume, any hope for such projects?

If literally no volume then those aren't the true values. One can always find the oddball coin with a higher than expected value based on a single purchase of like $3... yet liquidity could be a third of that number or less.

As for hope, it depends on the coin, team and plans. I wouldn't get my hopes up if you are talking about a coin that has a daily volume of zero ... but plus side is, if you can't sell them, just hold onto them and hope for the best? No decision to be made when no options are available.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:53:58 PM

-What do you mean by good value? We cannot say 0.02 is a good price or not as we don't how much is the total number of tokens in circulation.
-As long as you cannot sell your tokens at a certain price, that price is not real. When there is no buyer, your tokens value is almost zero.
-If you have a token that has not listed on any exchange yet, there are two scenarios. 1. You have been scammed. 2. The team is trying to list the tokens on an exchange and it will happen in future.  In this cannot talk about the price before it is listed.
rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:16:21 PM

Let's look at it from this angle, imagine having a goods that you want to sell, within you, you knows the goods is worth a furtune but there is no one to buy it from you, to make it worst no one is bidding with you; in this case you can see the goods have no value and as such a dead one. That's the same with most coins that has no volume, it means no one is bidding or buying it and therefore it is a dead project. Am sorry about the coins you are holding, but no volume means the team aren't doing anything to revamp the project and thus the project is likely dead.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:18:12 PM

-What do you mean by good value? We cannot say 0.02 is a good price or not as we don't how much is the total number of tokens in circulation.
He thought that the price defines the value of a token/coin. And yes, that price is considered a good price but without having any volume it's value less.

With that price, he thought that it has a good value but in reality there's really nobody wants to take that coin with that price. For some reasons it can be the token is really not recognized and same as the thousands of coins that has price but no value.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:52:54 PM

Yes, any coin having a good price in exchange but no volume or buyers to intiate a trade with can also be likened to a coin that is yet to get listed. Sadly, any coin with no volume means it's a dead coin because what keeps a coin alive in exchanges is when buying and selling is constantly taking place. As for those coins you are holding, try checking out the team to know what's actually going on.

chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:01:06 PM

I have to agree, when you're right you're right! If there is no trading volume on any of the available exchanges, it usually means one of two things, either the coin is new and has yet to been listed anywhere making the coin seem dead, or it is listed but people have abandoned the coin meaning it's most likely dead.

Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:05:21 PM

good value, but without volume, it means there is no value.
You can only hold the coin, and hope there is a brilliant move from the team behind the coin

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:08:54 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2019, 05:19:46 AM by PuertoLibre

The price is less important than the daily turnover, liquidity and volume of the altcoin due to the deal ability of the trader. I prefer to trade with the high volume altcoins than wasting my time with the useless tokens which listed on the small exchanges. These type of coins are the feeding source for the pump-dump schemes. After using the token for pumping on the news, traders will try to dump the tokens to the new traders and the liquidity will be provided with this way. Holders usually don't care about the small liquidity of the day trading but the price is the same at all timeframe charts. H4 traders will avoid trading the small volume and illiquid altcoin pairs in order to not get stuck with the trade orders on both entry and exit price levels.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2019, 09:34:42 PM

You can just hope that your tokens get listed on better exchanges with high volume and if you are confused or under stress about your holding i think it is better to get rid of them, only hodl if you are confident about the project and team, in that case you should support the project and wait for good market gains before taking profit.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:41:49 PM

-As long as you cannot sell your tokens at a certain price, that price is not real. When there is no buyer, your tokens value is almost zero.
-If you have a token that has not listed on any exchange yet, there are two scenarios. 1. You have been scammed. 2. The team is trying to list the tokens on an exchange and it will happen in future.  In this cannot talk about the price before it is listed.

It is true, if you can't sell at specific price, then your tokens are worthless.
If there are sell orders only and no more buy order for that token, that token is dying.
No trading volume means no traders are interested anymore for that particular token.
If you can find an exchange with buy order, sell it as fast as you can and move on.
Because sooner or later, that token will be of no value in the market.
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:47:03 PM

No matter how high is the selling price but in a certain that there is no buyer, there is nothing it could help, it remains useless or as dead to look by.
A certain coin becomes valuable if it has a good price (0.01$ is good enough) and has a trading volume. This is a big consideration that investors will look by, they'll never turn their head towards those coins whos never been moving every day, how much more if to see that it has a zero market volume?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
fumblingperch

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:52:53 PM

If there is no trading volume, then I believe that this is not a good sign anyway. That means nobody wants the coin. You can of course continue to monitor it, suddenly it will be able to get the attention of traders and trading will resume. But that's unlikely.

Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:56:07 PM

That's the reality on ground, no volume on exchange means no one is buying thus a dead coin. Now since it's already on exchange that is to say, it's either a pump and dump coin which ran out of luck, or a coin whose team listed and exit scam; to be frank, if its on most exchanges it will be delisted. As for the coins you are holding, i thinks it best you accept your fate while hoping for something to turn out since they are already listed.

ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:57:15 PM

A certain coin becomes valuable if it has a good price (0.01$ is good enough) and has a trading volume.
We never can say 10 dollar is a good price. Also we never can say 0.0001 dollar is a bad price. The total supply should be taken into account. 10 dollar is a great price for Dogecoin, but it's awful for Ethereum. The value of tokens is not determined by their price. Their value is determined by total market cap.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 09:57:31 PM

Usually coins with no trading volume are abandoned or former scams that people are afraid to touch. If they are worth very little you can keep holding and hoping for a miracle, If you can recover anything and the coin still has some value think of selling. It's better to take a loss and invest in something better.
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 10:09:17 PM

When there is very low trading volume caused by few or no buy orders for a long time, I'm sorry to say that coin is dead or extinct. Well, if only the team plans to revive the project, the coin should have little trading volume. It's sad that some team members clear all buy orders and if this is the case, then the coin is dead.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 10:12:56 PM

If there is no trading volume,then it just need miracle to go live again or it will totally a dead coins. What we can do with that coins listed on exchange with price but no volume and no buyer? It's a useless coins or a dead coin,you're right. I also have those coins,already in the market but no buyer and no volume. I just hope that someday it will alive again,just hoping  Sad

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: