Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just my own stupid or smart thought about ETH blockchain  (Read 258 times)
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 03:18:57 PM

Ask yourself this question, which platform is the most used in crypto space today? its ETH and its smart contract that is been used by both good and bad developers the most, Tron blockchain is not like this because last year i witnessed when tron teams start getting rid of scam projects off their blockchain, it will be better if ETH do something like this in its next upgrade, scammers have too much freedom and its hurting crypto, my idea might sound stupid to some but don't mind i am just thinking of ways to fight scam projects even if regulation didn't come sooner

smart contracts platform has no features to fiilter the scam dev mate
thats why scammers will always come in this industry,
to fight the scammers we can only do our best research and spread the word about the project if the project look suspicious
The OP makes sense, nice one mate i think most scam coins are always erc20 tokens, i know coins have scam projects too but too many tokens are scams kinda make coins a better option but better to choose by doing researchs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 11:11:48 AM

Coin ethereum is one of the most reliable and promising cryptocurrencies. We hope that the developers with the following promised improvements will find ways to significantly increase its scalability and eliminate its other shortcomings. However, it is unlikely that developers will be able to find effective ways to deal with scammers who use her smart contracts. Perhaps the obvious facts of fraud can still be fought, but it is systematically impossible to deal with this phenomenon without violating the principle of decentralization in cryptocurrency.
The fight against fraud is the task of law enforcement agencies, not cryptocurrencies.
Kezacky

Activity: 743
Merit: 10

https://www.epsiloan.xyz

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 12:16:29 PM

I think that renewing the erc20 contract is one way to avoid fraudulent projects, I see that many developers are currently abusing the erc20 platform and making it an ingredient for fraud. if the developer can do an audit update, maybe the scamers will be reduced.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 01:11:39 PM

Ask yourself this question, which platform is the most used in crypto space today?

no, you should first ask yourself what does "used" mean?
should we really consider "creating garbage tokens to scam people with" a real usage? i don't think so. and so far we have only had garbage ICO tokens that use ethereum blockchain so you can't really call it "used". the smart contract is mostly like a buzzword that is used to fool people into handing over their money and pump the platform's token otherwise they have no usages in real world. at least i have not seen any so far and i have looked!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 04:20:47 AM

Only way to be saved from these scammers is to do your own research thoroughly and do not rely on the exchange’s repo for that. Almost anyone can get into these exchanges, so it’s better to rely on your own research for making your investment rather than the exchange’s repo.

betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 04:49:49 AM

Funny Ethereum platform is not built to eliminate scam projects. I once read that EOS can freeze the fund of scammers or project that did run scam project. I really don't know if they have been doing this. It's important we make adequate researches about project before ever investing in them, I have countless spam coin on my ethereum wallet which I got as airdrop and some I bought during ICO.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 05:54:58 AM

Only way to be saved from these scammers is to do your own research thoroughly and do not rely on the exchange’s repo for that. Almost anyone can get into these exchanges, so it’s better to rely on your own research for making your investment rather than the exchange’s repo.

yes in general it is true that it is far better to research thoroughly and not promote fraud projects, one example in my opinion most beginners are lazy to read, they only think of projects that give big rewards and big profits. Such projects are very risky, they are actually just nonsense and that is one of the tricks to attract investment in the market. My advice is to always consider before investing or participating in any project.

Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:07:47 AM

Your idea is not stupid at all, it's one of the best I've seen recently on this forum. If Vitalik and his team can do something about developers given permission before they can launch a token on Ethereum blockchain, it will help reduce scammers who take advantage of the open source and free nature of the ETH blockchain.  You mentioned TRON already is weeding out scam projects which I'm not aware of, that's cool.  Let's hope for the best with ETH blockchain, I'm a big supporter of ETH.

Vitalik and his team made the ethereum blockchain and the smart contract easy to access and use. Their platform is almost universal that everyone can utilize, that is the reason why they became so called "successful", if they will eliminate that idea and to do the opposite which is to filter out good projects and scams, it is much time consuming, and at the same time, opposing their asset which is the easiest blockchain technology platform where projects can be build.
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 04:17:06 PM

Of course Eth has a lot of great features, but when it comes to scam projects we can't wait for regulations, we must take actions ourselves.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 04:30:00 PM

Ask yourself this question, which platform is the most used in crypto space today? its ETH and its smart contract that is been used by both good and bad developers the most, Tron blockchain is not like this because last year i witnessed when tron teams start getting rid of scam projects off their blockchain, it will be better if ETH do something like this in its next upgrade, scammers have too much freedom and its hurting crypto, my idea might sound stupid to some but don't mind i am just thinking of ways to fight scam projects even if regulation didn't come sooner
When it is decentralized how they can have some restrictions to use?

No one can change ethereum but anyone can use that blockchain.Best thing we need to restrict scam is learn more about the cryptos and get some basic sense of how it works.
junkerr

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 04:35:40 PM

Of course Eth has a lot of great features, but when it comes to scam projects we can't wait for regulations, we must take actions ourselves.
there should be self-protection from ethereum developers to overcome the use of their blockchain network for creating new tokens. To me, it is the best way to correct the downward investment trend of ETH because of the effects of too many scam projects using their blockchain.
but until now I still think that etehreum is the best smart contract platform.

ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 04:35:58 PM

It seems that Tron blockchain only supports gamble projects and it is not as high as Ethereum's blockchain platform.
so we should not make comparisons like this, it is not symmetrical. eliminating a number of scam projects is very difficult for ethereum's team because they are only tasked with providing the platform. if they have additional duty to check for fraudulent projects, that is unfair to them. We should be the ones who prevent fraudulent projects with our own experience, don't blame anything when we make mistakes.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: