Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:25:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ADC] AirdropCoin | Project aborted, plane crashed  (Read 13112 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:40:53 PM

I will not disclose my name and address at this stage, due to negativity surrounding cryptocurrency. I cannot risk my professional reputation at this stage of the project....

You have every right to remain private, but...
You expect people to pay money when you are too "afraid" to put your name on it.
Perhaps you are better suited for other types of projects?

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:42:27 PM

I will not disclose my name and address at this stage, due to negativity surrounding cryptocurrency. I cannot risk my professional reputation at this stage of the project....

You expect people to pay money when you are too "afraid" to put your name on it.
Don't worry, people will pay anyway. We have plenty of examples already. Cheesy

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:52:52 PM

This is the best I can do at the moment. Hopefully the community has been provided enough information to make an educated decision on whether this is a legit operation. All I can do at this point is ensure the community that we will go through great lengths to make every stage of this project a success, including the actual airdrop. It will be much easier to make our good intentions clear further down the road.

On a sidenote: Let me ask you the following question: How many cryptocurrencies are out there of which you know the devs' true identity?

Our coin dev has also agreed to post some information about himself, he will post in a bit.
ClevelandRocks

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:57:15 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 01:16:18 AM by ClevelandRocks

Hi Guys,

I'm the dev for ADC (the coin itself and the IPO app), and I thought I'd finally pop in and say hello.

TheFlyingDutchman's concerns about privacy for the moment are shared by me as well.

If the project is successful to where we can actually execute the airdrop, then we'll be more than happy to provide more or less full information about who we are, as we'll be showing up to execute the airdrop anyway.

I've been involved with cryptocurrencies since mid 2010, and I've written both open and closed source code that helps interact with cryptocurrencies. Some of it is used in the backend for the IPO tracker for AirdropCoin.

I'm happy to answer most other questions in the meantime, and I promise we'll both be quite a bit less mysterious about our identities if it the ADC funding will allow us to actually host the airdrop. From our perspective, all cryptocurrencies need a method for distribution, whether it's mining, IPO, giveaways, etc; and we thought this seemed like a lot more engaging and fun than most of the current methods.

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:53:58 AM

I participate in the IPCO, but I did not receive any mail.
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:07:45 AM

I participate in the IPCO, but I did not receive any mail.
I just checked our system. Everything went through successfully, so all is fine. The issue is that your mail client rejected the email for whatever reason. '(rejected by system)'.

Check your PM box. I've sent the contents of the email there.

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:26:40 AM

I have received your mail, thank you very much. I will continue to participate.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:29:49 AM

this coin has been marked for termination by operation shitcoin cleanout
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:39:25 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 02:54:48 AM by TheFlyingDutchman

We have received a good question over email, one that we have previously discussed within the team but that isn't handled on the website.

Q:
"What if you don't raise enough money to be able to execute airdrop from a plane?"

A:
In this doom scenario, we will first try to see whichever aircraft is the cheapest (not being limited to airplanes only) and then we will see if we can afford it. For example, helicopters are often much cheaper to rent than airplanes. Also, if we're just a little bit short, we'll try to chip in, but it shouldn't get too crazy. If it turns out that an actual airdrop is financially impossible due to the IPO raising too little funds, we will be forced to hand out all the remaining pre-mined coins from the ground.

We will travel to the winning location to hand out the coins no matter what, even if it would cost us money of our own. We really want to go on this adventure and give the local community of the winning location what they deserve. We have already taken time off from our regular jobs to be able to do this.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:05:58 AM

you can fly over the Bermuda triangle
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:57:00 AM

Not sure about other countries, but in the U.S., flying an airplane and using it to drop anything is a good way to get a missile up your ass.
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:02:00 AM

this coin has been marked for termination by operation shitcoin cleanout

target their site so they can no longer receive ipo funds
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:59:06 AM

Not sure about other countries, but in the U.S., flying an airplane and using it to drop anything is a good way to get a missile up your ass.
Please see the action plan to get a better idea of the project's feasibility and how we are managing risks.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 10:35:38 AM

This idea is sooo random xD

fengkaitj

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:55:03 PM

I keyed in my email and taped "join ipo" twice, then,luckily, I got two different btc addresses in my email account. I want to know which address I should use, or I could use them both?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:34:01 PM

This is the best I can do at the moment. Hopefully the community has been provided enough information to make an educated decision on whether this is a legit operation. All I can do at this point is ensure the community that we will go through great lengths to make every stage of this project a success, including the actual airdrop. It will be much easier to make our good intentions clear further down the road.

On a sidenote: Let me ask you the following question: How many cryptocurrencies are out there of which you know the devs' true identity?

Our coin dev has also agreed to post some information about himself, he will post in a bit.

I understand how you feel about the risk.
Do I really want to be associated with something like this?
I have thought about that more than a few times.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:35:42 PM

and how many IPOs have the DEVs took the BTC and ran?

TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:36:53 PM

I keyed in my email and taped "join ipo" twice, then,luckily, I got two different btc addresses in my email account. I want to know which address I should use, or I could use them both?
It doesn't matter, you can use either. Both are tied to your email address now in the system. Good luck!
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:56:41 PM

OK, let assume you actually pull off an airdrop.  You deliver paper wallets to the poor people of Idontgiveashitstan.

Idontgiveashitstan, is a very poor country.  I realize you have this huge premine and IPO to help these poor people.  So over their largest and poorest city, Crapcoinabod you do your airdrop.

Some of the poor people grab up the paper wallets and a rep  is there to explain what they could do with them.

People: What do we do with these?
Rep: You can use them to make your life better.
People: How?
Rep: You can trade them for Bitcoins!
People: What?
Rep: Bitcoins, cryptocurrency!!
People: Can I buy a chicken with them?
Rep: Will, no.  But you can trade them for Bitcoins!!
People: Can I pay my bills with them?
Rep: Only if they accept Bitcoins.
People:  What good are these?
Rep: Well it made the DEVs a lot of money and they want to make your life better.
People: Thank the DEVs for the paper for us to wipe our asses with.

TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:08:29 PM

OK, let assume you actually pull off an airdrop.  You deliver paper wallets to the poor people of Idontgiveashitstan.

Idontgiveashitstan, is a very poor country.  I realize you have this huge premine and IPO to help these poor people.  So over their largest and poorest city, Crapcoinabod you do your airdrop.

Some of the poor people grab up the paper wallets and a rep  is there to explain what they could do with them.

People: What do we do with these?
Rep: You can use them to make your life better.
People: How?
Rep: You can trade them for Bitcoins!
People: What?
Rep: Bitcoins, cryptocurrency!!
People: Can I buy a chicken with them?
Rep: Will, no.  But you can trade them for Bitcoins!!
People: Can I pay my bills with them?
Rep: Only if they accept Bitcoins.
People:  What good are these?
Rep: Well it made the DEVs a lot of money and they want to make your life better.
People: Thank the DEVs for the paper for us to wipe our asses with.

Taken from the project details of the site:
The printed coins will include usage instructions in the appropriate language to allow anyone to get full value from their coins.

It will be an issue if the winning location is so poor that there are no computers with internet. This is something we won't be able to solve. Hopefully, the community will vote wisely, but this is not something we want to influence. We will simply execute the community's desire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: