Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:48:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ADC] AirdropCoin | Project aborted, plane crashed  (Read 13112 times)
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:40:25 PM

Hello there. I am looking for all coins that can be mined using CPU. Can you tell me if these can be mined using CPU? Please msg me back to let me know? Thanks.
Yes you will be able to mine AirdropCoin using your CPU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:42:04 PM

This is so fucking lame its not even funny... it's just sad...

Beyond the obvious legal issues:
  • Dropping anything from a plane (money or not) is illegal.
  • No private flight company (plane or helicopter) will accept your business knowing what you plan to do as they can and will lose their aviation license.
  • Tell the cops its all right you littered that banana peel on the road because its "Bio-degradable" see if they give a shit.
  • You couldn't pay enough people to retrieve these papers after they are thrown to the wind. They will land in bushes, trees, on top of houses and not easy to reach places (god forbid someone hurts themself trying to retrieve your stupid tickets, you will have a pricey lawsuit on your hands).

There is also the major issue of confining this disbursement to a single location.
So everyone in the world is supposed to get behind your coin so a single city can benefit?
What the hell is that?

And, the worst part is, other than this "air-drop" theres nothing new or innovative about this coin. So after the airdrop, then what? It's just a litecoin copy? riiiight that will last.

In this situation I would say you obviously haven't put any thought into this but the unfortunate reality is that it looks like you have put a lot of thought into this and its still a retarded concept. That's sad.
How can something that someone obviously put a lot of effort into suck so unconditionally?

Project development is not for you. Go home.

But, but....  Think about the children!!!  and the DEVs!!!

I am still voting for Djibouti!!!

ClevelandRocks

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:47:44 PM

Hello there. I am looking for all coins that can be mined using CPU. Can you tell me if these can be mined using CPU? Please msg me back to let me know? Thanks.

There's no current plan to implement any mining algorithm that would dissuade GPU mining, but there of course won't be any restrictions on CPU mining.
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:52:52 PM

I've read some pretty ridiculous/stupid things on the internet in my lifetime.

But this may very well take the cake.

And the fact you have garnered over 2 btc's on this junk just speaks volumes to the collective IQ of the crypto community.
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:53:53 PM

What was the specific need for privacy again?

One the one hand you'll be performing a very public 'spectacle' as you say on your website. On the other hand you want to keep your identity private. What if the media wants to talk to someone. You're going to need a lot of media attention so that initial investors get a return.

But it doesn't sound like your team is willing to even put a name or face on this project.

I hope you understand why everyone is so skeptical about this. It would be very easy to keep the IPO money and not deliver.

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:54:58 PM

With 2 BTC, they may not get a plane, but it's a hell of a weekend drinking and toasting the stupid fucks here!!!

ClevelandRocks

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:08:20 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 09:24:27 PM by ClevelandRocks

One the one hand you'll be performing a very public 'spectacle' as you say on your website. On the other hand you want to keep your identity private. What if the media wants to talk to someone. You're going to need a lot of media attention so that initial investors get a return.

But it doesn't sound like your team is willing to even put a name or face on this project.

I hope you understand why everyone is so skeptical about this. It would be very easy to keep the IPO money and not deliver.

Well, for one, we already have multiple people in the thread saying they wish we would die or that they'd airdrop our dead bodies somewhere they'd never be found. While it's overwhelmingly likely it's just internet tough guy talk, why would we take the risk that an unstable person would follow through on a threat of violence before it's necessary to take that risk?

We'll be more than happy to reveal our names closer to the event.
ClevelandRocks

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:34:11 PM

IPO will be down for about five minutes.
ClevelandRocks

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:40:28 PM

And we're back up!
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:43:21 PM

Well, for one, we already have multiple people in the thread saying they wish we would die or that they'd airdrop our dead bodies somewhere they'd never be found. While it's overwhelmingly likely it's just internet tough guy talk, why would we take the risk that an unstable person would follow through on a threat of violence before it's necessary to take that risk?

You need to toughen up if you plan on being around here. These nutters are harmless.

There is no risk to revealing your identity other than you have a bad reputation already or plan on running after you grab the loot.

So far you guys have show no signs you know shit about air drops, airplances or even making a proper alt coin.

TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:01:09 PM

Daily update from the AirdropCoin team:
The first 24 hours of the IPO have passed. We're off to a good start; so far we have raised 2.25 BTC. We'd like to thank all participants who have decided to invest so far.

The IPO will remain opened for another 7 days. Please note that early investors get a bigger reward in ADC (higher multiplier). Please see our website for more details on the IPO.

We're currently putting all our efforts into the cryptocurrency itself, which will be released in 7 days. The code is close to final and we will soon be ready to start the premine.

We've had 128 location votes so far, see below for an alternative view the voted locations (we display a heatmap on the website):
http://s27.postimg.org/658gsswcz/Untitled_1.jpg

We've had some negative reactions from certain members of the community, but it was anticipated. This is a very ambitious project in a scene that is surrounded by distrust. At this point, we can do nothing more than to ensure the community that we will go through great lengths to successfully delivering what we have set out to do. It will be easier to show our good intentions further down the road. Please note that there is a plan B in the worst case of not being able to execute the airdrop.

Airdrop commences in 73 days, 13 hours and 4 minutes at the time of writing this post.

Thank you to all supporting our project.
BTCspoon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:11:55 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 11:25:17 PM by BTCspoon

The first 24 hours of the IPO have passed. We're off to a good start; so far we have raised 2.25 BTC. We'd like to thank all participants who have decided to invest so far.

The IPO will remain opened for another 7 days. Please note that early investors get a bigger reward in ADC (higher multiplier). Please see our website for more details on the IPO.

We're currently putting all our efforts into the cryptocurrency itself, which will be released in 7 days. The code is close to final and we will soon be ready to start the premine.

We've had 128 location votes so far, see below for an alternative view the voted locations (we display a heatmap on the website):

We've had some negative reactions from certain members of the community, but it was anticipated. This is a very ambitious project in a scene that is surrounded by distrust. At this point, we can do nothing more than to ensure the community that we will go through great lengths to successfully delivering what we have set out to do. It will be easier to show our good intentions further down the road. Please note that there is a plan B in the worst case of not being able to execute the airdrop.

Airdrop commences in 73 days, 13 hours and 4 minutes at the time of writing this post.

So far so good! let's air-drop this! already
The 2.25BTC plane getting hot: http://www.spi0n.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/crazy-landscape-plane-RC.jpg

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:40:12 PM

You need to toughen up if you plan on being around here. These nutters are harmless.

There is no risk to revealing your identity other than you have a bad reputation already or plan on running after you grab the loot.

So far you guys have show no signs you know shit about air drops, airplances or even making a proper alt coin.

True, some decent graphics in the OP and smooth ad copy, that's about all.
They don't provide much to instill confidence, do they?

fengkaitj

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:58:03 PM

If we found we didn't deposit enouth btc into the ipo address, can we deposit into the same ipo address repeatedly?
ClevelandRocks

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:08:56 AM

If we found we didn't deposit enouth btc into the ipo address, can we deposit into the same ipo address repeatedly?

Yes.

Whether you re-use an address or generate a new one, the end result will be the same.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:26:24 AM

What's happening after the Airdrop?

This is not a country coin so i think people will speculate and then dump before the drop

There are no reason to keep this coin in the future it is not like Aurora or Spain coin who want to be a national currency

I like the idea and concept but i think it's just a game and at the end, game over
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:36:53 AM

Well altcoins are mostly for transactions. You always need to keep selling and buying and it is rather hard to just dump something. I'm not defending this currency, since creators are anonymous for random reason. It is about altcoins in general.

TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:40:30 PM

What's happening after the Airdrop?

This is not a country coin so i think people will speculate and then dump before the drop

There are no reason to keep this coin in the future it is not like Aurora or Spain coin who want to be a national currency

I like the idea and concept but i think it's just a game and at the end, game over

AirdropCoin will become coin of the winning city/location, just as much as AuroraCoin and SpainCoin will become the coin of a country.
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:46:50 PM

We're in the 3rd day of the IPO. The number of investments is slowly growing, as we have raised 2.6645 BTC so far. We have identified that we won't need a massive amount of BTC to meet our goals, so we are on the right track.

For information on how to join the IPO, please see the 'Invest' section of our website.

We've had 142 location votes so far. The number 1 location is currently the northern part of a city called Barranquilla in Colombia, South America. Needless to say, location voting closes in 3 weeks, so a lot can still happen.

Barranquilla, Colombia:
Our safety and risk mitigation manager has given the green light for a potential airdrop in Colombia. From legal perspective, Colombian airspace and litter laws are also quite unrestricted, which will give us the necessary freedom to execute airdrop.

Barranquilla is a city and municipality located in northern Colombia. It is the only city in America that was populated instead of founded. near the Caribbean Sea. The city is located in the Atlántico Department, of which it is the capital. Barranquilla is the largest city and port in the northern Caribbean Coast region of Colombia, with a population of 1,885,500 as of 2011 in its metropolitan area, which makes it Colombia's fourth most populous city after Bogotá, Medellín and Cali.

http://excellentworlds.com/data_images/countries/barranquilla/barranquilla-07.jpg
The city of Barranquilla, Colombia

Airdrop commences in 72 days, 12 hours and 25 minutes at the time of writing this post.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:52:12 PM

Airdrop, sounds like the AUR effort in Iceland.
Have you considered the next round of copycat efforts you will inspire if this succeeds?   Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: