Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:24:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ADC] AirdropCoin | Project aborted, plane crashed  (Read 13112 times)
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:12:20 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 12:32:54 AM by TheFlyingDutchman

Airdrop, sounds like the AUR effort in Iceland.
Have you considered the next round of copycat efforts you will inspire if this succeeds?   Cheesy
We won't deny that AirdropCoin was partially inspired by AuroraCoin. However, we've taken the concept to a whole new level. The press have already called us 'the craziest altcoin ever'.

AirdropCoin copycats will surface I'm sure, and we wish them good luck.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:17:50 AM

Daily update from the AirdropCoin team:
We're in the 3rd day of the IPO. The number of investments is slowly growing, as we have raised 2.6645 BTC so far. We have identified that we won't need a massive amount of BTC to meet our goals, so we are on the right track.

For information on how to join the IPO, please see the 'Invest' section of our website.

We've had 142 location votes so far. The number 1 location is currently the northern part of a city called Barranquilla in Colombia, South America. Needless to say, location voting closes in 3 weeks, so a lot can still happen.

Barranquilla, Colombia:
Our safety and risk mitigation manager has given the green light for a potential airdrop in Colombia. From legal perspective, Colombian airspace and litter laws are also quite unrestricted, which will give us the necessary freedom to execute airdrop.

Barranquilla is a city and municipality located in northern Colombia. It is the only city in America that was populated instead of founded. near the Caribbean Sea. The city is located in the Atlántico Department, of which it is the capital. Barranquilla is the largest city and port in the northern Caribbean Coast region of Colombia, with a population of 1,885,500 as of 2011 in its metropolitan area, which makes it Colombia's fourth most populous city after Bogotá, Medellín and Cali.

The city of Barranquilla, Colombia

Airdrop commences in 72 days, 12 hours and 25 minutes at the time of writing this post.

Thank you to all supporting our project.

Looks like the people over there can use a a financial injection.

I'm glad to see that there's actual interest from people in the Netherlands ^^. Unfortunately not in my city, but I'll go there as soon as the drop will really happen Smiley

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:52:23 AM

HI I INVESTED 0.1 BTC ALREADY BUT IM GETTING 0.6 BTC ON MONDAY. CAN I STILL INVEST THEN? I HAVE BIG HOPES FOR YOUR COIN
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:53:43 AM

HI I INVESTED 0.1 BTC ALREADY BUT IM GETTING 0.6 BTC ON MONDAY. CAN I STILL INVEST THEN? I HAVE BIG HOPES FOR YOUR COIN

Send me .6 BTC and I'll airdrop it right in my pocket!!!!

TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:58:50 AM

It depends on your timezone, the IPO closes on Monday 00:00 AM GMT. If you only have the BTC avaible after that, you won't be able to put that amount in for the IPO. In that case, we recommend mining ADC or buying ADC on an exchange (we're currently talking to 2 exchanges to have ADC listed from the start).
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:27:47 AM

What's happening after the Airdrop?

This is not a country coin so i think people will speculate and then dump before the drop

There are no reason to keep this coin in the future it is not like Aurora or Spain coin who want to be a national currency

I like the idea and concept but i think it's just a game and at the end, game over

AirdropCoin will become coin of the winning city/location, just as much as AuroraCoin and SpainCoin will become the coin of a country.

Ok but the name? You cannot change it after?
If Colombia is selected, it's weird to call it Airdropcoin and not Colombia coin.
And there are people who will say that the dev is not colombian..
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:30:26 AM

DJIBOUTI!!!  Because I think the investors like it in DJIBOUTI!!!

Steven Lee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:06:07 AM

Seems not many people here?

TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:23:03 PM

The coin has not been released yet. It will be released on Monday. After Monday we expect more people to become active in this thread, since the release will attract miners and traders.
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:29:35 AM

Sorry if I missed this, but what time/date does this go live East Coast US?

hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:57:44 AM

The coin has not been released yet. It will be released on Monday. After Monday we expect more people to become active in this thread, since the release will attract miners and traders.

good news.
hava a free join  in ?
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:10:53 AM

Sorry if I missed this, but what time/date does this go live East Coast US?

The coin goes live on Monday. We're allowing investors to get a piece of the premine until then.
Crypto-t

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:13:08 AM

I've read some pretty ridiculous/stupid things on the internet in my lifetime.

But this may very well take the cake.

And the fact you have garnered over 2 btc's on this junk just speaks volumes to the collective IQ of the crypto community.

TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:31:55 AM

Daily update from the AirdropCoin team:
We're in the 6th day of the IPO. This means there are 2 days remaining until the IPO closes and the coin goes live.

As it stands, we have raised enough money for one of our team members to travel to the winning location and hand out the premined coins from the ground. It's not ideal, but we'll do what the raised funds allow us to do. At least we will be able to hand out the coins at the winning location one way or another, so things could be worse.

We had been in talks with a potential sponsor the past 2 days, one of the biggest altcoin exchanges on the internet, but unfortunately they backed out when the BitCoin price plummeted. Securing this sponsorship would have made the airdrop possible instantly, with funds to spare. They've told us that they will reconsider after the coin has gone live. We will keep the community updated on any progress on this.

Hopefully the last 2 days of the IPO will show some more action, which will increase the chances of plane airdrop. For information on how to join the IPO, please see the 'Invest' section of our website.

We've had 150 location votes so far. The number 1 location is still a city called Barranquilla in Colombia, South America. Karlsruhe, a city in Germany, is currently number 2.

Location voting closes in 3 weeks, so a lot can still happen.

Airdrop commences in 70 days, 11 hours and 28 minutes at the time of writing this post.

Thank you to all supporting our project.
TheFlyingDutchman (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:21:16 PM

Announcement:
We have decided to abort the AirdropCoin project.

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/upload/plane-crash_4851.jpg

Reasons:
1) IPO did not generate as many funds as we thought it would. We needed at least 10 times as much investments to successfully execute the operation.
2) Issues brought up by the community regarding legality of airdrop execution. We still think we could have pulled it off with the right amount of funds generated and creative problem solving, but this is obviously more of an assumption than a fact at this point.
3) Overall negativity from the community. We had expected this project to get a higher level of positive feedback than it did. Most feedback turned out to be quite cynical.
4) Lack of buzz the project has generated up until now. We had expected more buzz.

The root cause of failure was lack of community believe in the project's scope.

We have decided that our professional lives are too busy to justify further time investment in a project that is more likely to fail than to succeed at this point.

Naturally (well, maybe not naturally in the world of Bitcoin), we will be fully refunding all people who have chosen to join the IPO. They will be receiving an email with instructions on how to get their BTC back this weekend.

Finally, I'd like to say the following to all the people who have called us a 'scam'; Next time, please think twice before you call something a scam. There is a lot of cheating in this scene, but there are some good people that actually want to make a difference.
We would have gotten a free trip to a cool place somewhere in the world, and would have done something really cool for the local community there and generate a shitload of buzz. Why wouldn't we?

We have no hard feelings though, trolls were expected, as was the chance of failure.

If you have anything to add this, it would be good to hear your thoughts on where you think we went wrong.

The AirdropCoin Team
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:26:22 PM

this was a crazy great idea imo

1 BTC = 1 BTC
fengkaitj

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:12:26 PM

What's a pity....
blackvoice

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:26:52 PM

air drop means we can get free coin from the dev team

so happy to know that

I want to be a member of your team
ClevelandRocks

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:48:01 PM

To echo my teammate, thanks to those who decided to support us. It's disappointing we weren't able to follow through on this.

However, I think we learned a decent amount from this project, and I'm confident we'll be able to find something exciting to work on that may garner a bit more acceptance from the cryptocurrency community.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:54:36 PM

Helpful tip:
Try to think of something that has lasting value after the initial stunt.
(i.e. Was the winning city going to have a chance to rename the coin into something more "usable" than AirdropCoin?)

My first reaction was very positive.
Later I did ask some questions. Better luck with your next project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: