Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Look For In A Bounty Campaign?  (Read 170 times)
Brybro27 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

Bounty Management - t.me/Brybro

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2019, 07:43:36 PM
Merited by tk808 (1)

I recently started managing my first bounty campaign, however, its been a few days and we have yet to see any traction.

The project I'm managing the campaign for is currently in their early startup stages, however, they are running on the VeChainThor Blockchain, they are closely related and in collaboration with an existing prominent project, and are set to release their MVP before the public sale is even set to end.

All these are clear indications, at least to myself, that the project is legitimate and seems to have potential to be a great success. So I would have expected to see more traction by now, but I haven't.

So my question to you all, what do you look for in a bounty campaign?
Do you value a project with a better product, or a project that is giving away higher rewards?
Are there any requirements that steer you away from participating in a campaign?

Any insight and feedback would be extremely helpful so that I can adjust my campaign if needed in order to maximize the results.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 10:29:46 PM

I don't do bounty but I think most of the bounty hunters would love to see a bounty that has a legit budget that will be distributed after the bounty is done. A secured payment would encourage them and as well as the project's legitimacy.

Do you value a project with a better product, or a project that is giving away higher rewards?
I think they'll choose both. The problem with higher rewards is most of them are just there to encourage the bounty hunters but there's no assurance of their rewards.

Are there any requirements that steer you away from participating in a campaign?
Unknown manager, bad project, I think these are the possible main factors for most.

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2019, 11:25:46 PM

I don't do bounty but I think most of the bounty hunters would love to see a bounty that has a legit budget that will be distributed after the bounty is done. A secured payment would encourage them and as well as the project's legitimacy.

Why don't you participate in bounties, unless you live in a country like the US that restricts most participation? But how can a bounty manager assure bounty hunters that they will receive their tokens? I assume having a history of distributing rewards is the main indicator, but I'm new so I don't have that currently. But I can guarantee hunters will receive their rewards so not sure how to make that apparent.

sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 11:36:30 PM

Why don't you participate in bounties, unless you live in a country like the US that restricts most participation? But how can a bounty manager assure bounty hunters that they will receive their tokens? I assume having a history of distributing rewards is the main indicator, but I'm new so I don't have that currently. But I can guarantee hunters will receive their rewards so not sure how to make that apparent.
Nope. I don't live in US, did signature campaigns before that pays BTC but with some tokens also but I don't consider that as a bounty. It's not the history of distributing rewards but it's the history of their past works.

A manager plays an important role when it comes to bounty. If they have a history of working with legit projects and bounties, participants will have the assurance that they have a taste upon choosing projects to work with and the rewards are secured.

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2019, 11:44:18 PM

If they have a history of working with legit projects and bounties, participants will have the assurance that they have a taste upon choosing projects to work with and the rewards are secured.

So what would you say a new bounty manager like myself should, or could, do to reassure bounty hunters?

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 12:22:03 AM

So what would you say a new bounty manager like myself should, or could, do to reassure bounty hunters?
Why not hire a trusted escrow here in the forum to hold the bounty funds? That will make the hunters feel secured that they will get the rewards after the campaign.

Who post your bounty campaign thread?
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 12:39:35 AM

Why not hire a trusted escrow here in the forum to hold the bounty funds? That will make the hunters feel secured that they will get the rewards after the campaign.

Who post your bounty campaign thread?

The project whom I'm managing for has their TGE not for another month or two. So pre-funding the campaign in a trusted escrow was not viable unfortunately.

Also, I posted the campaign on a new account I made with the project's name as the username. I thought originally that this was important, but I quickly realized it is unnecessary and the most important aspect is the rank of the profile instead.

If you don't mind viewing my bounty thread and providing any feedback or suggestions, I'd great appreciate it! You can link to the bounty here!

DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 03:36:51 AM

the value of a project is a point that really needs to be considered. it determines whether the project is worthy of support or not. so many projects are similar now, and when a project has a striking difference and moves on things that do not yet exist, it can be very supportive. I think the team, and the concept has also become the priority.

the things that make us move away from a project is if the project has an unclear concept, an unprofessional team, and many more. everyone has their own considerations.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 10:36:36 AM

I recently started managing my first bounty campaign, however, its been a few days and we have yet to see any traction.

The project I'm managing the campaign for is currently in their early startup stages, however, they are running on the VeChainThor Blockchain, they are closely related and in collaboration with an existing prominent project, and are set to release their MVP before the public sale is even set to end.

All these are clear indications, at least to myself, that the project is legitimate and seems to have potential to be a great success. So I would have expected to see more traction by now, but I haven't.

Any insight and feedback would be extremely helpful so that I can adjust my campaign if needed in order to maximize the results.

Thanks!
I bet most bounty hunters will look for the reputation of the person who is managing the campaign,since you mentioned its your first campaign to be managed lack of reputation is one major reason.Like others said you can hire an escrow to ensure all the participants will be paid.

Increase rewards which will attract more bounty hunters and reduce the task to be completed.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 10:40:18 AM

I rarely participate in bounties in time, I did participate in a few of them a few years back with my twitter account to promote them. Here is a list of the few things that I look into if I would take part in them:

1. A solid team with people that have a track record of doing a similar or related venture in the past. No random "ICO serial entrepreneurs" - its basically means a noob in simpler terms.
2. A fake team would mean an instant scam.
3. A project that is sutainable and develops its own market and has its own market. This is rare to achieve.
4. Verifiable transactions for the funds of the ICO.
5. Quick listing and proper roadmap following.
6. Very important to get a proper manager for that campaign. If you want to earn some trust among the members of this forum.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 12:38:39 PM

Thanks!

This is really useful for the people who participating in your campaign to understand the project's legitimacy but please be aware that if that campaign scam to anywhere.
Automatically you will also one of responsible person since you are praising them towards your opinion. I wish you to check the project with the tips shared on scam accusation board.
Always stay strong with your perfect disclaimer for your own safety bro. Good luck...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 12:58:36 PM

the value of a project is a point that really needs to be considered. it determines whether the project is worthy of support or not. so many projects are similar now, and when a project has a striking difference and moves on things that do not yet exist, it can be very supportive. I think the team, and the concept has also become the priority.

the things that make us move away from a project is if the project has an unclear concept, an unprofessional team, and many more. everyone has their own considerations.

This is what I thought the first determining factor would be, yet, most people overlook the actual project and its goals upon joining a bounty campaign.

Also, I think you hit it on the spot in regards to how all these new startups are so similar to past startups with a unique twist or something. There is a new startup everyday and its getting ridiculous. You really need to research a project thoroughly these days or you will be stuck with a useless pile of tokens.

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 01:22:26 PM

I rarely participate in bounties in time, I did participate in a few of them a few years back with my twitter account to promote them. Here is a list of the few things that I look into if I would take part in them:

1. A solid team with people that have a track record of doing a similar or related venture in the past. No random "ICO serial entrepreneurs" - its basically means a noob in simpler terms.
2. A fake team would mean an instant scam.
3. A project that is sutainable and develops its own market and has its own market. This is rare to achieve.
4. Verifiable transactions for the funds of the ICO.
5. Quick listing and proper roadmap following.
6. Very important to get a proper manager for that campaign. If you want to earn some trust among the members of this forum.

I've only participated in a select few myself, however, that is only because I'm in the US and the US is restricted in almost every campaign.

As for the points you made, they are all very valid and relatable, so I appreciate that! It seems that a well-established bounty manager is the hidden key to running a successful bounty campaign, which is unfortunate for everyone trying to become a new bounty manager, like myself. However, I still have hope as I'm managing the bounty for a new startup on the VeChainThor Blockchain. Not too many projects are on the VeChainThor Blockchain, so I'm hoping I could be the lead for any new projects that start on the VeChainThor Blockchain. If that happens, then I'll eventually take care of having the trustable profile!

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 01:25:45 PM

Thanks!

This is really useful for the people who participating in your campaign to understand the project's legitimacy but please be aware that if that campaign scam to anywhere.
Automatically you will also one of responsible person since you are praising them towards your opinion. I wish you to check the project with the tips shared on scam accusation board.
Always stay strong with your perfect disclaimer for your own safety bro. Good luck...

Yeah I absolutely agree. I used to work for Bounty0x so I've seen, and dealt with, a fair share of scam projects. They are always getting better at hiding the fact that they are scams, but I'm hoping that I will be able to build a good enough reputation for anyone to trust and know that the project I'm currently managing is not a scam and a legitimate project.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: