Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:58:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin terminology  (Read 152 times)
LIUM (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 07:13:31 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2019, 07:30:24 AM by LIUM

Hello! I'm new here and in the field. I found out that many beginners don't know terminology, neither do I. I'm trying to read forums and google everything I don't know and it takes plenty of time. So I'm asking for a help. Can you share some terminology using in the field, I mean not common ones but some specific things?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3235

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 07:22:06 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+terminology

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 10798

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2019, 07:31:38 AM

<...>
If it’s just terminology, and not concepts, then these should cover most of the common terms and yet you going:

Terminology.
Cryptocurrency Lingo/Slang.
Glossary for Crypto terms.

Jovenny

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 12:13:23 PM

A bit rude to advise googling I'd say
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2019, 12:39:15 PM

Not at all rude. If you spoon feed a newbie with every information then they would never learn to seek it out by themselves.

They need to learn to become self-sufficient and not dependent on others - something that is lacking in the current generation. If the OP would have a specific doubt then I am sure many others would come in to help them but a vague question would be better answered by googling. Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Julian ogan

Activity: 87
Merit: 27

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 01:31:21 PM

I agree with @TheUltraElite. When we can get all the information on google then there is no need for creating a thread for that. Only if we have any doubts or if we do not understand something, then only we should create a thread asking for help.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 03:42:22 PM

While straight off saying "google it" may be quite rude on some instances(if you're a very sensitive person and easily offended by people online lol), someone has to say it. Especially for super basic stuff like what OP is asking for, that you could pretty much easily find more than a dozen posts concerning bitcoin/crypto terminologies. I'd understand creating a topic if it's something a lot less common and a lot less google-able like "do you think the bluetooth feature of the Ledger Nano X is unsecure?", or something like that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3235

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 05:10:37 PM

Rude? The link is extremely helpful. It points to dozens of sites that answer the OP's questions directly. Perhaps you think the advise is rude because it demonstrates something that you think is obvious, but that may not be so obvious to other people.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: