Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:11:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pros and cons of KYC and the alternative logic  (Read 117 times)
Mttewndew (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 03:08:16 PM

I see a lot of negative posts about KYC procedure and how the exchanges are losing their reputation when requiring user to go through KYC (even if only suspicious transactions are obliged, like it works with coinbase, changelly or binance).
I think people are overreacting. Sorry for being Captain Obvious, but at least, you should know how the internet works before you might actually start to worry about your anonymity during the exchange procedure.
I may not understand something, but what's the difference between sending your passport photo and being registered on facebook or instagram? You'll be surprised to know how much info they have on you even if you didn't name it.
In a world of big data people are afraid of KYC, but at the same time they aren't afraid to be registered in social media or using google. I mean... Could you explain, how this logic works?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 10:50:12 PM

Facebook doesn't require KYC but it's tracking us everywhere we go. Every single picture that we upload, there's a correspondent database for it.

With the KYC requirement, there's a lot of websites that requires it and if ever a website that we use starts to accept it, we feel bad. People today are also becoming vigilant due to identity theft that these websites can potentially use it for other purpose.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 02:06:37 PM

Interesting observation.
Well, if personal information from Google or Facebook is that reliable, why don't the exchanges use them? There are people who will never use phones camera, finger prints sensors or biometric authentication features on their phones.. .  Internet devices won't have much on those kind of people. This is probably why verifying users identities via social media isn't used much.
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2019, 03:08:18 PM

I see a lot of negative posts about KYC procedure and how the exchanges are losing their reputation when requiring user to go through KYC (even if only suspicious transactions are obliged, like it works with coinbase, changelly or binance).
I think people are overreacting. Sorry for being Captain Obvious, but at least, you should know how the internet works before you might actually start to worry about your anonymity during the exchange procedure.
I may not understand something, but what's the difference between sending your passport photo and being registered on facebook or instagram? You'll be surprised to know how much info they have on you even if you didn't name it.
In a world of big data people are afraid of KYC, but at the same time they aren't afraid to be registered in social media or using google. I mean... Could you explain, how this logic works?

I think the vast majority of people who don't want to submit to KYC procedures on exchanges aren't registered on social media websites. They just want privacy everywhere they go.
xen1oph

Activity: 253
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 06:55:36 PM

Interesting observation.
Well, if personal information from Google or Facebook is that reliable, why don't the exchanges use them? There are people who will never use phones camera, finger prints sensors or biometric authentication features on their phones.. .  Internet devices won't have much on those kind of people. This is probably why verifying users identities via social media isn't used much.

I disagree. Even if you don't use any biometric authentication or your phone camera -- until you actually have a phone, you're translating data about your location (whether you use VPN or not), installed apps and so on.
It's not that I'm all about conspiracy, but prove me wrong.
As for verifying identity via social media -- it may not be using cause this isn't your passport. But that doesn't mean, that you cannot be identified as a real person by your phone traffic.
coinforumgentr

Activity: 714
Merit: 82

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 07:12:17 PM

verify your identity with selfie nonsense.

I don't care to be anonymous.
The only thing I'm afraid of is scattering my documents.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: