Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Join Slush's Pool!  (Read 1580 times)
kthejung (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:18:54 PM

Join Slush's Pool and be a part of the original mining pool!  I've been with Slush's pool since November of 2013 and everything has been smooth.  http://mining.bitcoin.cz/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:20:38 PM

Join Slush's Pool and be a part of the original mining pool!  I've been with Slush's pool since November of 2013 and everything has been smooth.  http://mining.bitcoin.cz/

Yeah join this crap pool, so Slush can get all the Namecoins which all the miners mined. I left because of this very reason.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 11:54:09 PM

Yeah join this crap pool, so Slush can get all the Namecoins which all the miners mined. I left because of this very reason.

Ditto.  I was with slush forever but left when the transition left out namecoin.

flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:10:15 AM

Used to be a good pool ... now is another story
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:18:13 AM

The reliability has been good.  The owner is good.  I just don't know why he does not add namecoin.  Is he mining them and keeping them or just not bothering?

kthejung (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:07:55 AM

Can you guys elaborate on why you do not recommend Slush's pool?  What is the significance of not adding Namecoin to the pool?  I care only about Bitcoins and Slush's delivers my share every time. 
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:28:36 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 08:33:53 AM by medUSA

I have nothing against the pool. Their score based system just hasn't work well for me.
kthejung (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:36:57 AM

I have nothing against the pool. Their score based system just hasn't work well for me.

Another vague comment.  Are you saying that their system does not pay you your fair share?  If other pools are not score based, what are they based on?
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:45:26 AM

Another vague comment.  Are you saying that their system does not pay you your fair share?  If other pools are not score based, what are they based on?

Most pools are based off proven unhoppable methods (DGM, PPLNS, PPS, CPPSRB).  Slush's payment method is hoppable, though not as reliably as the old proportional methods.  I don't think that's what most the responses refer to though.  I think the biggest thing people have against slush's pool these days is the complete absence of Slush, especially since the little quirk in his round calculations still screws up once in a while.  It supposedly always gets fixed, but that bug has been lingering around for about a year if his thread comments are any indication.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:02:37 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 05:12:52 AM by medUSA

Another vague comment.  Are you saying that their system does not pay you your fair share?  If other pools are not score based, what are they based on?

I was purposely being polite, cos I respect slush for his work and dedication as a pool operator.

Their score system favors faster miners. While I was mining there, I get really low payout for short rounds and none for extremely short rounds. There are rounds where payout is abnormally low, they sometimes get fixed, sometimes not.  You could mine for hours and hours and a block found during a computer reboot could cost you 30% payout from that round.

I understand things have changed on the pool, could be better, could be worse. I don't know cos I haven't been back for some time. I did not want others to judge the current pool based on what I experienced before, therefore I simply stated "score based system just hasn't worked well for me". Read between the lines next time.

Is this still "vague"?
blubberli

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:05:54 AM

Their score system favors faster miners. While I was mining there, I get really low payout for short rounds and none for extremely short rounds. There are rounds where payout is abnormally low, they sometimes get fixed, sometimes not.  You could mine for hours and hours and a block found during a computer reboot could cost you 30% payout from that round.

I sign that!

kthejung (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:44:26 AM

Another vague comment.  Are you saying that their system does not pay you your fair share?  If other pools are not score based, what are they based on?

I was purposely being polite, cos I respect slush for his work and dedication as a pool operator.

I understand things have changed on the pool, could be better, could be worse. I don't know cos I haven't been back for some time. I did not want others to judge the current pool based on what I experienced before, therefore I simply stated "score based system just hasn't worked well for me". Read between the lines next time.

Is this still "vague"?

Nope, thanks for clearing that up.  I believe that problem has been solved since I get paid exactly what the bitcoin calculator says I should get.  I have never been good at reading between the lines, I am highly "obtuse."
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:39:35 PM

Is this still "vague"?

I agree with the above. That has been my experience as well. Both reboots or a temporary internet disconnection would really hurt my payouts when I was mining there.

With less than 1TH at my disposal, I just get much more payout elsewhere. Unfortunately with another difficulty change coming up in 7 days, just don't have the luxury to try slush again for the time being. I'd rather get my current payouts (which match very closely to btc calculators). Just IMO. Have nothing against the pool. I think it works great for many other people and all I say is: good for you Smiley
Xterry

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:10:34 PM

What do you mean by "the original mining pool"?
Aexcu

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:14:40 PM

What do you mean by "the original mining pool"?

They mean it was the first public mining pool.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:18:03 AM

Most pools are based off proven unhoppable methods (DGM, PPLNS, PPS, CPPSRB).  Slush's payment method is hoppable, though not as reliably as the old proportional methods.  I don't think that's what most the responses refer to though.  I think the biggest thing people have against slush's pool these days is the complete absence of Slush, especially since the little quirk in his round calculations still screws up once in a while.  It supposedly always gets fixed, but that bug has been lingering around for about a year if his thread comments are any indication.
Eleuthria is correct as he answered more questions about Slush's pool than Slush did. I also felt that as the pool kept getting less and less of the overall network hash rate that it was time to give in and  move to one of the larger pools as it seems someday the smaller ones will be unprofitable for the pool operators and either have to shut down or be combined with another pool anyways.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: