Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 06:45:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the movement for alternative money a response to?  (Read 415 times)
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 01:26:10 AM

Peer to peer means that the middleman in today’s traditional
transaction could disappear if cryptocurrencies revolutionize money.

Cryptocurrencies, in fact, represent a vote of no confidence in the policies
of central banks and government monopoly of money. These ‘peers’ see central
banks as consistently devaluing money through currencies that aren’t backed by anything
but government promises.

But what if the money revolution succeeds?

As in any revolution, today’s top dogs have the most to lose.

I still doubt the role of Bitcoin will replace the money that we know today. Fiat money has an effect on economic growth and also on the existence of the country and if Bitcoin takes over the role of fiat money, I think the country will not exist anymore. But if Bitcoin is played as a digital asset, I think this makes more sense
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 04:39:25 PM

I still doubt the role of Bitcoin will replace the money that we know today. Fiat money has an effect on economic growth and also on the existence of the country and if Bitcoin takes over the role of fiat money, I think the country will not exist anymore. But if Bitcoin is played as a digital asset, I think this makes more sense
It makes no sense for bitcoin to be placed as a digital asset alone, because having a digital asset was never the problem that Mr satoshi saw that made him create the bitcoin as cryptocurrency, there are so many digital asset that one can hold aside bitcoin and has been in existence for a long time.

The reason why bitcoin creator saw that there is need for a cryptocurrency is because he saw that there is a challenge in the fiat system, which is why he create it to serve as a peer to peer payment system, but we are the one turning it to a digital asset product. The coin itself was never meant to also replace fiat, but was meant to serve as an alternative to the fiat which we have seen how effective it could be for mots business men and women.
TokenHodlr (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:56:44 PM

More improvements are needed to bring a perfect crypto currency that is ready to
be used as a legal tender. A currency that can be used by anyone without any
problems and at ease.

Do you have any suggestions as regards ‘improvements’?

On the question of its status as legal tender, if it is seamlessly
convertible into other currencies, commodities, basic products
and services at a published and transparent price, it is de facto LT.
TokenHodlr (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:59:12 PM

so one who have their money in savings will be the losers.

Words of Wisdom…
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: