Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will You Believe That It's A Fix  (Read 2786 times)
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 08:09:04 AM

Ok this actually happens to my friend not so long ago, he is going on a boxing match and he will bet for the heavy favorite, then suddenly an unknown guy whisper to him, that the fight is going to be fixed and he supposedly heard it from the favorite to win, locker room, are you going to listen to that and bet for the underdog.

What's your take?
I would not listen to the suggestion of this random guy.

Why should I believe him? Is he a reputed person or well known in the world of sports?

I'd rather believe my instinct to choose who is likely to win base on my own knowledge of their previous fights and ignore this guy its a waste of time to think about what he said.

Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 10:18:59 AM

In the first place, if it is just a hearsay from the locker room then you can't trust the guy. That is called, a "rumour". Why not stick to your own guts, at the end of the day you are the one ( I mean, your friend) will be the one to get profits at the end or lose at the end. My point is, if he sticked to his plans no one will be blame of.

On the other hand, some said you bet at both players. It can be possible, bet 60% to the player you think will gonna win and 40% to thr other player.
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 01:01:28 PM

I wouldn't listen to it. I have never believed in fixed matches and random people knowing about it.

Yeah there’s no concrete evidence about fixed matches but this was been the issue for many times not either someone cheat or others fix the games
Matches and fights are manipulated but not in a way that everyone should know about it.
You’ve got a point here this must be a round table topic and not for general public
They would try to keep it under the radar to avoid getting caught and not talk about it with people they don't know.
And they would never spoil the situation because this will reverse the scenario they wanna portrayed if the news leaked

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 01:15:09 PM

How come you have been trusted that random guy who whisper you. If the friend of OP had any sense and not listen to that stranger because probably that guy spy from other opponents and might wanted to fall in the trap and when having a bet.

Just focus your own bet, don't be distracted people around you you will not know who are they. And it should have a lookout behind you to prevent a scenario like that.

That could be true, but if he believes that guy was telling right especially if that guy can explain why he whisper us and said we should choose and follow him, I think he can follow the advice from that guy. But maybe that guy only wants to make us stress to select the right team, and that will happens if we don't have reliable info about the teams. Once we are too stressful, I think we need to leave it and don't choose any of the teams because we cannot focus on what we want to select.

Yeah right, I think that is right solution when we are influenced, unless we dare to take the risk. Leaving the match and looking for other matches that can make us confident of the team that competes, so this is same as trading "don't make decisions when there are still doubts".

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 02:39:45 PM

I will remain in my stance, whatever the outcome.  I will regret more if I lose because I place a bet on someone else's suggestion. because before place a bet I will analyze who will going to win the match fairly. don't let someone mess up our choices.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: