Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:00:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to set recurring BTC buys, without a lot of fees?  (Read 274 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 09:01:30 AM

Coinbase lets you set recurring buys of BTC (daily, weekly, monthly.) but their fees are ridiculous.
Coinbase Pro has much lower fees, but no ability to do this.

I want to dollar cost average in. Is there a way to use Coinbase Pro API to set recurring buys?
Or is there a better solution? (Doesn’t have to be coinbase)

Can someone please give me some advice. Thanks.

The reason for the fees is because they are also trying to be on the safe side considering the volatility around price. You are only paying for the risk that they are taking to ensure the btc is available for you to buy at the specific date. Looking for places where the fees is not ridiculous is about getting ready to do it yourself at the specified date and be ready to buy at the current market price which could either be higher or lower. Its a simple business decision and nothing else. Another way around is to have a stable supplier with an agreed hedge price that would be favorable to both parties that irrespective what the price says, this is the amount we are going to be buying. Its that simple. Nothing else.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2019, 12:21:23 PM

Coinbase lets you set recurring buys of BTC (daily, weekly, monthly.) but their fees are ridiculous.
Coinbase Pro has much lower fees, but no ability to do this.

I want to dollar cost average in. Is there a way to use Coinbase Pro API to set recurring buys?
Or is there a better solution? (Doesn’t have to be coinbase)

Can someone please give me some advice. Thanks.

Coinbase is a market service that offers to buying to saving bitcoin as simply as possible, but has a high fee that is considered by some people. and as an optional I think of the 2 best choices as an alternative to saving bitcoin regularly,

1. buying through trusted people. In this bitcointalk forum I see some trusted people who accept bitcoin exchanges with other currencies. the cons is fear of becoming a victim of fraud, so choose someone who is trusted.

2.You can see in the sub forum service. and exchange for that, and the second option is to buy directly through local exchange. You can deposit your money with a local bank or other options provided and buy directly according to the market price that should be.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: