Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:02:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes developers keeps making  (Read 900 times)
shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 03:10:37 PM

About the first point, I think that is a wise move. Since the team is looking for investors and they need some new investors and they need them fast, so in order to attract potential investors, they need to give such offers. But it can also go the other way around if the planning is not so great and they end up giving too much of a discount and end up losing the project.
this is all very easily solved. There are so many ways to limit yourself from losses and attract investors at the early stages. just problems happen because of an inexperienced team

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 03:47:11 PM

Just an addition from my point of view, don't sell idea but sell the product. I mean don't open ICO when your idea still in the brain but open ICO when the product is ready or beta and you can think about next development after that. Because it give more trust to investor to keep their money to you. Investor need to know where their money will flow.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████████████████████████
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 03:59:22 PM

Just an addition from my point of view, don't sell idea but sell the product. I mean don't open ICO when your idea still in the brain but open ICO when the product is ready or beta and you can think about next development after that. Because it give more trust to investor to keep their money to you. Investor need to know where their money will flow.
Of course, investors are much looking at those projects that have already a working product because that is only their assurance.
Cause how we could give trust if developers will keep saying soon to launch and soon, soon. Promises is not what investors to see but to have returns with their money as they are risking for it, not just for losing.
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 04:02:31 PM

many teams simply cannot create a product without money, that is why they launch ICOs. but as a rule, they fail to raise money because investors are interested in products

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 04:09:34 PM

At the very beginning of the development of the cryptocurrency market, or rather, even from the time of the creation of Bitcoin, developers enthusiasts thought about the great future of cryptocurrency and real digital payments, as well as the safe storage of information using blockchain, but today most developers of new companies first of all start  think about the funds that they plan to raise from investors and care very little about their projects.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 04:13:01 PM

The biggest mistakes developers make that leads to bad ending for many projects are
1. Huge Discounts
2. Lack Of Solid Products and Ideas
3. Bad Exchanges

these three things have become quite fatal things that are sometimes made by new projects. Sometimes large discounts also become a time bomb that will destroy their project. it would be very complete if they only target markets that are not so popular and they make the same product.

some other things are also caused by lack of experience, and maybe too rushed to start their project without considering market conditions, competition, and the strategies they use.

I hope that the new project considers this before actually running the project that they created.
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 04:16:56 PM

I think both of you has good arguments. Nevertheless, I would like to point out also the importance of having a product first before  conducting an ICO and I guess most investors would prefer this kinds of project to invest with - (this is aptly called in crypto community as reverse ICO.)

many teams simply cannot create a product without money, that is why they launch ICOs. but as a rule, they fail to raise money because investors are interested in products
This is in fact is true! Since most startup projects don't have the necessary funds to continue development so they in turn  conduct an ICO to generate funds for its operation and without sufficient funds, most projects would collapse not even reaching midway in its development.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 04:22:31 PM

The biggest mistakes developers make that leads to bad ending for many projects are

1. Huge Discounts
Many new projects are still making this mistake over and over again, huge discounts like 50% is insane and it always bother me how the hell the early buyers won't end up dumping since they have already see big profits.

Lack of working products and real use cases is why many investors are not taking new projects very seriously, no one would want to hold such tokens or coins for long, developers need to start working on how their project's token or coin will be very demanding throughout the globe

3. Bad Exchanges
Imagine new projects that make over millions of dollars in ico or ieo and end up listing on bad exchanges with no enough volume, what do they expect to happen?

Lack of solid product plus no uniqueness of the project is one of reason why most of them ended or keep falling in the market. I also agree to you that naking a bad exchange site will create a big impact to the project that causing pullout of some investors.

Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 04:37:45 PM

1. Huge Discounts
Many new projects are still making this mistake over and over again, huge discounts like 50% is insane and it always bother me how the hell the early buyers won't end up dumping since they have already see big profits.

Lack of working products and real use cases is why many investors are not taking new projects very seriously, no one would want to hold such tokens or coins for long, developers need to start working on how their project's token or coin will be very demanding throughout the globe

3. Bad Exchanges
Imagine new projects that make over millions of dollars in ico or ieo and end up listing on bad exchanges with no enough volume, what do they expect to happen?

Absolutely right. It is like projects are selling to inflate their pockets, they do not care about what happens next. For me, the product is more important factor, if a innovative product is ready to use, others will improve as time goes by. After the product is good, even Binance will accept it for free. The big discount is something valuable projects do not do essentially and that proves what I say.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 05:01:34 PM

Projects like this usually won't develop later, so many investors don't want to invest in the project, the reason is that if the project developer only focuses on getting their sales targets, and doesn't really care about the development of the project, then we can say if this kind of project only leads in a fraud, it's better if we avoid it.

manok jepang

Activity: 775
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 05:14:01 PM

I added a little explanation in my personal opinion.
- too many participants compared to allocations
- Many ico does not lead to maximum projects
- Many ico scams frighten investors and projects do not achieve their goals.
-maybe we should take the project ico who has the gift of a famous manager today like yahoo.

Shepard777

Activity: 532
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 05:46:50 PM

The main mistake is that the cryptocurrency market is too raw. And because of the people who have big finances, he moves as he pleases, many projects, if you evaluate the token, almost died due to speculation. But not all projects stopped developing in the smoothness of the product. I think the tokens of such projects will come to life during the altcoin season.

Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 05:52:59 PM

Huge discounts is the enemy here, many new projects aren't able to keep up because of this, once the coin get listed on exchanges those who bought at discount price will be the first ones to dump, 15percent to 20percents discount price is still reasonable compare to 40 to 60 percent
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 05:55:55 PM

I think the most common is listing in an expensive exchange without even a working product to please investors. This makes the project lose more value, instead of focusing in product development they pay huge amount to get listed in a good exchange. Not to mention, once listed many early investors who received huge discount dumps their token.

Roidz

Activity: 1386
Merit: 250

1XBit.com

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:07:03 PM

A project will be able to continue to grow and compete if they produce a product that is really needed and of course this must also be supported by a team that is reliable in developing their project, if the project only relies on giving large discounts to attract investors, of course it can be ascertained if the price of their tokens on the market will experience a fall in prices, because of course investors will immediately sell the tokens when tokens have been listed in exchange, projects that do not have a clear product concept will certainly cause their tokens to die on the stock exchange.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1199

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:14:53 PM

1. Huge Discounts

3. Bad Exchanges

1. Discounts should never be that big as it discredit the project and furthermore will scary the investor and holder to make further investments.

2. The lack of products will eventually lead to a dead project because no one will come to invest into a 1 year old tech in crypto ( only BITCOIN can have this power ). Also the lack of ideas results in the fact that the devs are not so good and they just copy/paste from github or waiting for another project to come with something new in order for them to have "new ideas"

3. Bad exchanges result in low volume, artificial volume ( where bots control everything ) and no one want to approach those kind of markets when there are no real buyers or sellers but only BOTS that control the markets.

In conclusion , without a proper dev team you cannot create a successful project.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:35:42 PM

I think the biggest mistake is giving up. I think so many of these "devs" are honestly just losers or just run with the money which makes them even bigger losers. The devs give up just because the project didn't immediately work or that the first idea didn't work. You should only move onto a new idea of you try multiple times. If you just try once that is not a proper chance. Things need time to grow. A seed is small but in years it will be a massive oak.

More of these projects need actual backing and stop worrying about things like being listed.  I would rather follow a project that is not listed but is being used then a project that is listed but has no use.

Nekoma2018
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 07:08:54 PM

1. Huge Discounts

3. Bad Exchanges

These are all well known facts ... but too little investors are coming into the crypto space ... and investors are smarter now.. they wont invest on projects with no discount,
Nekoma2018
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 07:09:54 PM

Sometimes project developer tends to list on bad exchanges because of budget or maybe they didnt raise enough funds during the ico or ieo phase
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1190
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 07:14:13 PM

I agree with you specially for point one and 3.
Huge discounts are attracting traders but not real investors. As soon as project gets listed, this 50% discount is getting converted to profit by thease private investors. These discounted tokens should have 2-3 years of locking period to avid dump.
I thing due to huge fees, project are selecting cheap, new exchanges for listing. However, this is affecting reputation of projects.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: