Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:43:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news form North Korea  (Read 580 times)
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 01:55:59 AM

This is absolutely great news, but I have a doubt because North Korea government may be centralized their cryptocurrency. When a government creates/open its own cryptocurrency it means they will not give prople the freedom to people. But still this is great, North Korean people will be interested in crypto, they will research more and later then they will know the true nature of Bitcoin, Crypto, the decentralization.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 02:04:32 AM

Is N. Korea doing a Venezuela move too? Creating their own crypto to escape the economic sanctions by different countries? I don't know about their level of competence but I think they should monitor what China is doing and maybe learn something.

A legit news link would be appreciated @OP
They have opinions if the creation of their crypto can bring them more money and no more. But it will be different with venezuela consider about north korea is not getting a crisis. I believe if that will be more stable than venezuela consider about there are some countries are still also supporting this country just like china.
But this country has a different opinion than china.

yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 02:29:03 AM

I don't believe it, we need to get the reference for it. If it is in South Korea, then there will be no doubt about it since they are a free country not governed by a dictator. do you know what's the worst thing about Nort Korea? you can search on youtube if you don't know because owning a bible can get you killed there what more owning a cryptocurrency?

What I want right now is the reference on where did you get this news because I have a feeling that this doesn't make sense.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 02:37:48 AM

North Korea has become very interested in creating its own cryptocurrency and has a sufficient level of competence to move forward with this plan, 
I don't know about the legitimacy of this statement but it appears the country is opening up on blockchain and cryptocurrency. Another conference is set to be held next year according to this website https://nkcryptocon.com

But that's not all. On Sept. 10, Cao de Benos tweeted that the North Korean authorities have allowed citizens to own cryptocurrencies, and local developers “are designing crypto wallets and other related apps right now.
Is this the guy you are referring to? https://twitter.com/DPRK_CAODEBENOS
I don't see any Sep. 10 tweet about NoKor allowing citizens to own crypto? I hope you are not making up stories just to get paid by yobit.
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 02:47:11 AM

This is absolutely great news, but I have a doubt because North Korea government may be centralized their cryptocurrency. When a government creates/open its own cryptocurrency it means they will not give prople the freedom to people. But still this is great, North Korean people will be interested in crypto, they will research more and later then they will know the true nature of Bitcoin, Crypto, the decentralization.

Good news for who? North Korea itself is an independent country that does not govern or govern. If you followed news this country a few years ago, surely you would declare that North Korea is a closed country. So even though they use crypto, of course they only make it for the people themselves and will not be exposed abroad.

So I don't think this will affect either Bitcoin or other coins, because there are also many allegations against North Korea for scam.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:00:54 AM

I don't believe it, we need to get the reference for it. If it is in South Korea, then there will be no doubt about it since they are a free country not governed by a dictator.

the op already stated that he sees a tweet from them but yes it would be more better if he posted a reference link to back his statement because we dont know what if the account is a dummy and not official  .  if im not mistaken i think i have heard a news before that korea is restricted from using a crypo but i forgot if what part of the korea but that would be north since you said that the south part was not strict ,  if the news was true then its another good news as this can up the price again  .
manok jepang

Activity: 757
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:21:38 AM

It seems that a movement to create national cryptocurrency is gaining momentum in Asia. Following China, North Korean authorities announced their readiness to issue cryptocurrency and even indicated the availability of all the resources needed, both technical and human - to carry out this task.

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:29:01 AM

It seems that a movement to create national cryptocurrency is gaining momentum in Asia. Following China, North Korean authorities announced their readiness to issue cryptocurrency and even indicated the availability of all the resources needed, both technical and human - to carry out this task.
Care to share the link where NoKor announced their readiness to issue crypto? Or did you just spin what was stated in the OP?
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2019, 03:57:19 AM

As a country in full control of all the activities of its citizens, North Korea's openness to cryptocurrency is very good news. Although this is not new news, because since 2018 there has been news that North Korea is holding a kind of conference related to the use of blockchain and cryptocurrency. There are even rumors circulating that bitcoin is used as a source of funding for the development of nuclear weapons there, whether from hacking and mining activities. I don't know, it's just a rumor, it could be true or not.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 04:08:04 AM

And how do they find out about the bitcoin when they are under probably most oppressive leadership with restricted access to computers or any kind of information, let alone having an access to the internet?
BlacksmithCorporation

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 04:26:16 AM

In my opinion, with a closed and centralized country like North Korea, they can easily create a cryptocurrency, but having their own cryptocurrency will probably have no effect. to the cryptocurrency market.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 06:26:04 AM

Honestly, this news is completely unbelievable. In a state where there is almost no freedom for citizens and where they practically do not know what the Internet is, so that they are allowed to use and own a cryptocurrency? If this is so, then most likely it is a political action that will not be filled with real content. The political power there is really interested in cryptocurrency, but only with the aim of opposing South Korea and the United States. There it is done for hacking servers, stealing cryptocurrency and the like.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 06:53:19 AM

For more information : https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-north-korea-in-early-stages-of-building-own-cryptocurrency

It is North Korea that stand behind this behavior so I do not know what to understand but I do not feel like thinking something positive.

North Korea has become very interested in creating its own cryptocurrency and has a sufficient level of competence to move forward with this plan, But that's not all. On Sept. 10, Cao de Benos tweeted that the North Korean authorities have allowed citizens to own cryptocurrencies, and local developers “are designing crypto wallets and other related apps right now.
Of cos korea is crypto friendly and very supportive in any technology  aspect thats why i don't think twice before investing in korea projects, even on this bad market condition its very hard to see a korea project that fails, for example vodix, zeux ,airwallet etc are all good projects this year 2019, i find korea developers more serious than others
Look carefully what Korea they are talking about. not South  Wink
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:15:45 AM

North Korea has become very interested in creating its own cryptocurrency and has a sufficient level of competence to move forward with this plan, But that's not all. On Sept. 10, Cao de Benos tweeted that the North Korean authorities have allowed citizens to own cryptocurrencies, and local developers “are designing crypto wallets and other related apps right now.
I do not believe this.
Most North Koreans do not have access to the Internet so how do they own cryptocurrencies?
Besides, the reputation of the North Korean government is also very low, so even though they issue cryptocurrencies, it is very difficult to succeed.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:18:49 AM

well that's a very good news and for sure if that things happen bitcoin will move forward again.  Because you know bitcoin is the most popular cyrpto currency on this market,  so once ppl from south korea start accumulating crypto currency for sure they will prefer to own bitcoin. So that's totally a good news because there's a possibility again that bitcoin will pump.  
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:27:25 AM

It was said that due to transaction speed and convenience is the initiative reason of North Korea in accepting and having cryptocurrency even they are known as very secured and not tolerating changes from different countries but they see cryptocurrency as independent that no one can trace any records made from them even US Government. This is a good news for everyone since they they are known banning cryptos before as well additional investors in the crypto market growth.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:45:42 AM

https://cointelegraph.com › news
Web results
North Korea Wants Its Own National Crypto, CBDC Fever Spreads in Asia

Here we go, a great decision from North Korea is much appreciated. And I believe this will boost the investors to be focused on their coins, I thought like this will be the only country without using digital currency in future but their intend looks different in this case. A big thumb up for North Korean people's. Their first motto is to create their own national crypto, slowly and steadily things will change.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:50:33 AM

ROFLMAO.

I have seen all sort of fake news here in Bitcointalk, and I would be ranking this particular piece as one of the most outrageous ones I have ever come across. First of all, internet access is available to only a few thousand individuals in North Korea. If people can't access internet, how they are going to own cryptocurrencies? The number of smartphone owners is much higher than the number of internet users, but the government approved smartphones can't install any of the cryptocurrency wallets.

However, North Korea has its own group of government funded hackers, and these individuals are suspected of many of the recent crypto-exchange hacks. According to mainstream media reports, North Korea is using stolen cryptocurrency to circumvent the UN sanctions. But this group numbers a few dozen at the most, and I don't think that anyone else uses cryptocurrency in DPRK. BTW, people caught with USD or Euro banknotes are punished in North Korea. Do you think that the treatment will be any different, if they are caught with BTC?
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 01:52:30 PM

Of cos korea is crypto friendly and very supportive in any technology  aspect thats why i don't think twice before investing in korea projects, even on this bad market condition its very hard to see a korea project that fails, for example vodix, zeux ,airwallet etc are all good projects this year 2019, i find korea developers more serious than others

Just to provide my opinion about it, I have a project known before, it was grabity, it was managed by koreans, and I saw the project at first is developing but later on, their announcement regarding their project changes drastically. And right now, I haven't heard of them at all. We can think about it, not all korean's project became successful, and also, North, and South Korea is very different. Cryptocurrency on south korea is very well known, but in terms of North korea, it is a big achievement that they are now starting to utilize crypto.
Saverenergy

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 02:25:19 PM

Of cos korea is crypto friendly and very supportive in any technology  aspect thats why i don't think twice before investing in korea projects, even on this bad market condition its very hard to see a korea project that fails, for example vodix, zeux ,airwallet etc are all good projects this year 2019, i find korea developers more serious than others
Man speaks of North Korea, not of South Korea. With South Korea, everything is clear, they have very developed crypto projects. But for North Korea, for this closed country is very unusual.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: