Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:08:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: viewing transactions....bitcoin daemon  (Read 1276 times)
11inches (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:44:05 AM

Alright - hypothetical situation

I don't have access to the blockchain explorer. All I have is an active daemon connected to the internet. Is there anyway I can view the transaction IDs associated with the most recent transactions associated with a particular Bitcoin address? I know I could do this through blockchain.info but how can I do it through the console?

Example:

>i have a donation address
>i dont have access to a wallet
>all i have is a bitcoin daemon
>how can i view the transactions received by that wallet address?

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fbueller

Activity: 412
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:48:29 PM

You can't search for payments to an arbitrary address using bitcoin. You can see transactions by addresses, if they are in the wallet, but this a little awkward, and risky. I have found that relying on bitcoind's wallet functionality can lead to some strange things occurring, and only rely on the bitcoin raw transaction interface. You can only watch for new transactions to addresses in a list somewhere in your program by scanning each transaction in each block.

Bitwasp Developer.
Areast

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:00:51 PM

I don't have access to the blockchain explorer. All I have is an active daemon connected to the internet. Is there anyway I can view the transaction IDs associated with the most recent transactions associated with a particular Bitcoin address? I know I could do this through blockchain.info but how can I do it through the console?

Example:

thanks

I dont believe this is possible from the native bitcoind client. I would recommend looking for a websocket client which broadcasts new transactions as they reach the network, you can then systematically filter on the address you are looking for.

cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:50:31 AM

You could always install your own block explorer.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Shahrukh

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:44:57 AM

On the daemon you can only see transactions done by your addresses if you want to do that bitcoind gettransaction "txid_goes_here" will help

I turned everyone down Sad Sorry for that
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:06:04 PM

Example:

thanks

Are we assuming that the bitcoin daemon is online and caught up with synchronizing the blockchain?

Are we assuming that you are only looking for information about confirmed transactions?

Is the address that you are wanting to know about an address in your bitcoin daemon?

If the answers to all the above questions are "Yes", then you should be able to use listunspent to see all the unspent outputs that have been received at that bitcoind.  Each unspent output should have an address.  If you filter the output for the address you are interested in, you'll see all the incoming transactions that are associated with that address.

11inches (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:54:15 PM

Example:

thanks

Are we assuming that the bitcoin daemon is online and caught up with synchronizing the blockchain?

Are we assuming that you are only looking for information about confirmed transactions?

Is the address that you are wanting to know about an address in your bitcoin daemon?

If the answers to all the above questions are "Yes", then you should be able to use listunspent to see all the unspent outputs that have been received at that bitcoind.  Each unspent output should have an address.  If you filter the output for the address you are interested in, you'll see all the incoming transactions that are associated with that address.

thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: