Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:31:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🦄🦄🦄 H O L Y G R A I L S of the Crypto Stamp  (Read 611 times)
Imperial_Hash (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 72

cryptoenthusiast, artist, BTC propagandist!

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 04:44:30 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2019, 05:28:01 PM by Imperial_Hash

"Collectors were able to get their covers stamped for a limited time"
From my eyes everything that was stamped after 11.06.2019 isnt FDC.
First day is first day.
Anyway you are hard core stamp collector and i wish you the best with your sale!

Almost every FDC you will find on the internet is NOT stamped on the first day. This is not what it is about... It is about the First Day Stamp Seal,
which is tough to get and which is limited for some time. It is like a seal, a limited postmark.

After this time all the rubber stamps get collected and stored away. We could say they "retire"  Grin That's how it works.

Fact is, they are much more limited than normal stamps and there are different variants.
Some made for the subscribed collectors, some made by the collectors and officially stamped.
Some are made for normal customers

TWITTER::: https://twitter.com/primal_cypher
NFTs of my art available on: https://makersplace.com/primalcypher/ (MakersPlace) OR on https://superrare.co/primal_cypher (SuperRare)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StackItUp
Copper Member

Activity: 563
Merit: 41

Stack BTC

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 05:38:25 PM

"Collectors were able to get their covers stamped for a limited time"
From my eyes everything that was stamped after 11.06.2019 isnt FDC.
First day is first day.
Anyway you are hard core stamp collector and i wish you the best with your sale!

Almost every FDC you will find on the internet is NOT stamped on the first day. This is not what it is about... It is about the First Day Stamp Seal,
which is tough to get and which is limited for some time. It is like a seal, a limited postmark.

After this time all the rubber stamps get collected and stored away. We could say they "retire"  Grin That's how it works.

Fact is, they are much more limited than normal stamps and there are different variants.
Some made for the subscribed collectors, some made by the collectors and officially stamped.
Some are made for normal customers.

Indeed, I do not mean to be malicious when I say that I wouldn't wonder if you made the new account with the name "kermi85". You seemed to be really
interested and you were a bit pissed, when you saw, you cannot afford them. But please, I don't want to accuse you here and apologize if I am wrong...

Anyways, in the end I am happy that this all happened, because so I learned something and I also will get the needed COA.
Throw out such a minds from your head. I would never do so. And if i would want to say something, i would say. Why should i create new account for that?
i am not a stamp collector nor  did i knew that first day stamps can be stamped some days after that. My lack of knowledge doesnt mean that your stamps are bad. They are wonderfull, i would be pleased to have such a sets, believe me.
Different people, values different things. For me 4 digit set is much grater than signed set. But it depend on where do you see that value. official releases too, better for me, for you maybe different.
And yes i was interested, before i heard a price Smiley to be honest for 2.7 btc i would drive to Austria, find that designer, buy she a trip to Thailand and 5k eur for expenses and then kindly ask she for signatures. Do you think she would resist to sign a set, that she created, for a 10k euros?
And once again. Sets are amazing  they are genuine, signatures are real. But i dont see anything so special about signatures. Maybe 10 - 20% premium, but not that much buddy.
Peace

Edit. I didnt knew post offices can use stamp with a date 11.06.2019 on some later days. I was thinking that rubbers stamps are destroyed the day after.

"The computer can be used as a tool to liberate and protect people, rather than to control them." Hal Finney
Imperial_Hash (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 06:13:55 PM

I actually edited my reply afterwards, because I thought this is not appropriate to say and I also hoped you don't read it. By no means this was an offense. I just was too pissed in general because of of kermi85s behaviour. I have a high sense for integrity and never ever before someone accused me to be a scammer... it seems I got a bit paranoid  Cheesy

Well in terms of the price, I think a price range between 2 and 2.5 BTC for the double signed set is totally fair.

Fact is, that the artist totally refuses to do any signings. Not even for money. Believe me - I tried it badly, because I wanted to get all of the frames signed by her.
She got tons of mails and even calls in the middle of the night. She was more than pissed and what I heard she almost had a mental breakdown. It went that far,
that she deleted her phone number in the net... So my answer is: Yes, she would resist. She is done with the crypto stamp at all.

So the only way I could get the signature was through a collectors friend who was at the first-day-event and I had to pay quite a high price for the yellow folder.

I also had to buy some extra sets for the frames. This was before the prices decreased.

Another fact is, that the crypto stamp will be an ongoing project and after some years these sets will raise in value.

Thanks for your appreciation in terms of the design of the frames  Smiley

NFTs of my art available on: https://makersplace.com/primalcypher/ (MakersPlace) OR on https://superrare.co/primal_cypher (SuperRare)
StackItUp
Copper Member

Activity: 563
Merit: 41

Stack BTC

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 06:23:33 PM

All these stories behind are very interesting Smiley oh, yeah, if she is pissed that much, probably 10k wont help.
You honesty will help you on sales.
We never traded before, but i know you are legit. I just wanted to know how rare they are and how many people managed to get her signature. Heard your story now, thinking different! Good luck on a sale. There is going to be a buyer for sure, just a question how fast he will show up Wink
\/

"The computer can be used as a tool to liberate and protect people, rather than to control them." Hal Finney
Imperial_Hash (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 07:30:49 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

All these stories behind are very interesting Smiley oh, yeah, if she is pissed that much, probably 10k wont help.
You honesty will help you on sales.
We never traded before, but i know you are legit. I just wanted to know how rare they are and how many people managed to get her signature. Heard your story now, thinking different! Good luck on a sale. There is going to be a buyer for sure, just a question how fast he will show up Wink
\/

Thanks for the kind words. I really hope so to get my expenses back and to get some gains for my tuition fees for the art academy I want to absolve.
But I am confident about that - just need the COAs soon. And time will tell.

The following invitation was part of the deal by the way and will be added to the double signed version:

Totally forgot about that...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: