Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:34:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: crypto-bridge.org KYC scam !  (Read 1311 times)
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18565

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:59:58 AM

If you believe an exchange can operate for long and with any meaningful volume without compliance you're naive and you shouldn't play this game.
Please read the thread. No one is claiming that they are shady simply for requiring KYC.

So, it's just a matter of time before all those ones either implement KYC or magically get hacked or something else happens and they end up shutting down.
Agreed. This should serve as yet another warning to never store coins on an exchange. You can lose access to them at any time and without warning for a whole myriad of reasons.

A true decentralized guide

does crypto-bridge fit this?
No, and continuing to claim they are decentralized when they obviously aren't is pretty shady in itself.
Cryptobouy

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:44:20 AM

No one is against the KYC, even though CB was supposed to be a decentralized exchange, but due to the U.S regulation's pressure, they made this exchange a centralized exchange, which shows how much they are scared of the U.S regulations. Anyways, what they did is that they assigned the KYC task to a 3rd party named as "Fractal" and Fractal put a rule of accepting U.S driving license only, which is beyond understanding. I have never seen any exchange, not even a 3rd party who have put such stupid rule. The world knows the grey countries where the fake documents could be produced, that is not a hidden secret now. Google the grey countries, you will see the list of. Fractal needs to understand that driving license in first world countries are the govt issued Photo IDs which has the complete address and all the relevant information on it.
Fractal needs to be educated on this first, even they are Germans, but never understood this, which shows their level of non-professionalism. There are thousands of accounts contacted cryptobridge on discord channel, and after requests they were kicked out from the discord channel. What kinda exchange management is this? What kinda democracy is this? and what kinda professionalism is this that the traders/investors put their hard money into an exchange, hold and trade coins, and exchange was keep earning from the trade of these traders, and now these traders are begging the cryptobridge to help them and they are not listening. This is sick, crazy and retard behavior, I must say. Cryptobridge management is not bold enough to talk to fractal on behalf of the CB traders/community to revise the rules of KYC.I personally asked the CB authorized person on discord, and he had no answer. Like what the heck cryptbridge wants to do? What are their plans? Do they want to be in the list of all those exchanges which got closed and looted the funds of thousands of people around the globe? Does CB wants to be that blacklisted that no one would like to go there for trade even and would never recommend to others?
Cryptbridge management should seriously think on it that what mess they have made from this KYC procedure. A single trade on average is approved on 10 - 20 exchanges worldwide on a driving license and proof of address. Why someone would need a U.S driving license if he/she is driving in other part of North America, such as Canada.
Please convey this message to the CB, no one is against the KYC, but this rule which has made this KYC a MESS.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2338
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 07:30:35 AM

I have some coins on the Crpyto Bridge exchange too. To be honest with you all, I extremely dissapointed on the way they announced KYC and mandatorily required all of their customers to do KYCs without any period to withdraw coins out of the Crypto Bridge without KYCs.

On other exchanges, they usually allow their customers a fixed period to withdraw money without KYCs, after the deadline of non-KYC withdrawals all customers have to do and surpass KYCs to withdraw money.

There is another messy thing on Crypto Bridge's KYC requirements: proof of address.
They ask for proof of address with the maximum period to be valid is: 3 months.
a proof of your address which was issued within the past 3 months.
This requirement is a strange one, that I disagreed with them. It takes a lot of time to do this, why I have to go to banks and make transactions just to get a valid proof of address for them?
Passport, driving license are not enough for them, OMG!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 10:54:41 AM

This requirement is a strange one, that I disagreed with them.
It's actually a fairly standard requirement for KYC on various exchanges.

Coinbase:
that is no older than 3 months old
Kraken:
dated less than 3 months ago
Bitstamp:
not older than three months

Anything official with your name and address on it will suffice, it doesn't have to be a bank statement. Utility bills are usually the most common - electricity, gas, water, telephone, internet, TV/media - but they also might accept things things like insurance policies/certificates or tax documents.
usrcoin

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 03:10:32 PM

I have funds on CB before October 1st. I refuse the way KYC CB. First result: my account can be considered blocked. I can only cancel orders.
Second result: CB is experimenting with a new form of cryptographic hacking. With the agreement of the authorities. Some are in the cryptos camp like Coinexchange, others like Cryptsy or Cryptopia were there to be hacked. With these two exchanges, now the funds are there or you know ... Soon ditto CB!
Be patient... Wink
fratoshi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 04:53:47 AM

Is strange that there are not many reports that Cryptobridge have been scamming with their KYC tactics, different than Hitbtc and Tradesatoshi that selectively block users accounts Cryptobridge from one day to another without warning ask KYC to all its users, many users.

Cryptobridge moderators on their official Discord chat tell users that they cannot help them if they don't pass KYC

Even users that did KYC and got approved cannot use their account because keep asking for KYC

Then they have problems with the documents they accept, like this user with a valid Canadian driver licence, is not valid cryptobridge says.

Thats why i have added Cryptobridge to my scam list, to warn everybody of this scam
fratoshi

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 06:03:39 AM

I am surprised that no one has opened a scam accusation tread about the scam tactics of CryptoBridge Scam Exchange.

Today they announced they will be delisting about 40 coins because they are a "TOXIC EXCHANGE"

So many users are still waiting for verification, many of them complaining about they cannot pass the verification.

Even twitter personalities like the well know shitcoiner notsofast and tradesatoshi owner sa_ddam213 have commented about Cryptobridge scammy tactics

I have added Cryptobridge to my list of scams on my signature as awareness of this scam and i hope many others do the same
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 09:44:01 AM

Is there any change in the KYC requirements lately over at CryptoBridge, I still have some BTC on there and they banned me from their Discord after I questioned their intentions.

I can't easily verify my address so they appear to be keeping my Bitcoin.

I feel I should exact some kind of revenge on them.
fratoshi

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 11:59:22 AM

Is there any change in the KYC requirements lately over at CryptoBridge, I still have some BTC on there and they banned me from their Discord after I questioned their intentions.

I can't easily verify my address so they appear to be keeping my Bitcoin.

I feel I should exact some kind of revenge on them.

I suggest open a scam accusation against CB, so far anyone has a complain here in Bitcointalk, but their discord and twitter is on Fire
Bsteck

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 12:07:09 PM

If a company initiates kyc it should be available to everyone if they wish to complete it. CB should either get Fractal to accept non US driving licences as photo ID or get another kyc company that does. I have been looking into this and blocking users from completing kyc may be breaking EU kyc regulations, because if a company initiates kyc, it should be available to everyone if they wish to complete it.

blocked from completing kyc because of the non US driving licence ID restriction or something else?

I believe this may be breaking kyc regulations, make a complaints about Fractal ID service to the European Commission. We can complain about Fractal ID service at the European Commission as mentioned on this page 

https://company.fractal.id/imprint

It doesn't matter what country you are from you can still make a complaint.
fratoshi

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 04:23:34 PM

The fact of many complains that they are not accepting drivers licence from some first world countries like Canada it seems shady to me,
European, Us, Canada, Australia, NZ, are some of the countries where drivers licence can also be a identification document, and not being accepted by a KYC company seems strange.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 02:40:42 PM

I have added Cryptobridge to my list of scams on my signature as awareness of this scam and i hope many others do the same
I fully agree that locking users' coins behind sudden, unannounced, and in some cases incompletable KYC is exceptionally shady, and some users may decide that this warrants a scam accusation to be opened. What I don't follow is why your scam accusation against them has followed them delisting a bunch of coins?

At the end of the day, they are a private company and can choose to list or delist any coins as they see fit, including 100 shitcoins all at once. Them doing so is not a valid reason to call them a scam, unless there is also evidence that they are using this technique to manipulate the markets or are confiscating funds of these coins held by their users.
fratoshi

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 03:05:44 PM

I fully agree that locking users' coins behind sudden, unannounced, and in some cases incompletable KYC is exceptionally shady, and some users may decide that this warrants a scam accusation to be opened. What I don't follow is why your scam accusation against them has followed them delisting a bunch of coins?

At the end of the day, they are a private company and can choose to list or delist any coins as they see fit, including 100 shitcoins all at once. Them doing so is not a valid reason to call them a scam, unless there is also evidence that they are using this technique to manipulate the markets or are confiscating funds of these coins held by their users.

I actually add cryptobridge to my scam list 4 days before they announce the massive delisting.

I add cryptobridge to my scam list on November 08, 2019, 04:53:47 AM
and they announced they will delist all those coins on November 12, 2019, 06:03:39 AM

Anyways, there is still users with pending KYC while the exchange is doing massive delistings and users will not be able to withdrawal, same did tradesatoshi, and also got my attention that tradesatoshi owner tweet about the cryptobridge delisting saying they need to cut costs because they reduce the trading fees, and also interacting with notsofast that was an early chiller of cryptobridge in the past, i think all those scammers are all connected and know each others and pump and dump coins and other shady things.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 03:20:10 PM

I actually add cryptobridge to my scam list 4 days before they announce the massive delisting.
Fair enough.

Anyways, there is still users with pending KYC while the exchange is doing massive delistings and users will not be able to withdrawal
As I said above, this is enough to push them over the line and in to "scam territory". Delisting coins for any reason, but especially if they are not making them any profit, is entirely acceptable to the functioning of any private company or exchange. Locking users of out of their accounts and demanding KYC is definitely shady, and some users may or may not consider it "scammy". However, if they lock users out of their accounts, delist coins, and don't let these users later withdraw their holdings of the delisted coins after completing the KYC, then that is absolutely scam behavior and they should be flagged for it.
fratoshi

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 03:22:55 PM

I actually think a scam accusation needs to be open against Cryptobridge and Notsofast

Cryptobridge, because they are a fake dex with scam tactics using KYC to steal their users coins

and

Notsofast for being close friend of tradesatoshi owner and promote Cryptobridge SCAM

notsofast
From launch, I’ve been rewarded by CryptoBridge’s implementation of its DEX vision. I find the CryptoBridge exchange platform reliable and easy to use, and I’ve been closely watching as the volume grows– rewarding me for staking my BCO along with it. The responsive team behind CryptoBridge has put forth a high-quality early entry into the decentralized crypto exchange space.

This still can be seen here

http://web.archive.org/web/20190110095206/https://crypto-bridge.org/
usrcoin

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 10:22:43 AM

Delisting is a real subject. But it's not the customers who manage the exchange.
It is an incompetence of the responsibles to propose bad Altcoins. And always a fraudulent practices.

The countdown of CB is started ... It will not be the last.
Well done! KYC offered to lobby scams ...  Huh
Equ1l1brium

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 08:02:52 AM

As you know, on the 25th of november cryptobridge will delist a large number of coins, which means you will loose 100% of those coins in case you don't withdraw and cryptobridge will take control of them without the possibility for you to ever withdraw them again.

I can help you out withdraw your coins from CryptoBridge for a fee.

In case you have doubts about trust, which is more than normal, I will give you my social media profiles (where you can message me for confirmation that I am indeed the same person).

There's no incentive for me to scam you, there's actually only incentives to deliver. I will ruin my reputation and also it doesn't make sense profit wise, as I will profit more by helping more people and get positive reviews from people that I helped.

For a faster conversation you can contact me on discord : Equilibrium#1004 , telegram : @Equ1Librium

Cheers !
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 08:36:30 AM
Merited by Steamtyme (1)

Always be very wary of newbies asking you to contact them privately.

Social media profiles mean absolutely nothing; it is trivial to create fake ones or buy existing ones. Even if it is the real person, how does that make you any more trustworthy?

Similarly, how can you "ruin your reputation" when you are a brand new account created a few hours ago? If your get red trust on here you can just create another new account and have lost nothing.

Why don't you explain what you are actually offering publicly instead? Presumably you are proposing to somehow game their KYC requirements, which will result in your account being frozen and any of your "customers" losing their funds if you are caught.
Equ1l1brium

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 12:50:32 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2019, 01:01:56 PM by Equ1l1brium

I am a newbie here, but not on my other social media profiles, that will be evident when I send the profiles to the ones that contact me and actually need help. They are not fake, neither bought, they are on my name with plenty of posts and plenty of reputation to hurt, as my crypto activity is around this name even on telegram and discord where I am in plenty of groups that I don't want to be kicked out.

The trustworthiness doesn't come only from my social media profiles, I have a more secure way to get users funds out with little trust involvement.

I won't make that public, for obvious reasons, that this is my business, plus it will make scammers flood the scene.

Also, it's not in my interest like I said to ruin my reputation, but the most important aspect is that the economic incentive is much higher by helping people and getting the fee, rather than scamming them.
People will provide good reviews, then more people will come for help and I make much more by helping, than by scamming, creating more profit that I would have made by scamming and being reported fast after that. Not that I thought about scamming, but just so you get the picture how that looks in the scamming situation.

Don't always assume things because past experiences told you so. It's not 100% the case every time. But in general, I agree, people should be very careful at this kind of proposals and do their own due diligence, analyze the risks involved, methods and the necessary info at their disposal to make the best decision they can.  

rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 01:51:33 PM

Mate your words are too good to be true, my advice is why not prove it first with few free transactions of some users here for example that has account on the said exchange? The service you're going to take on is indeed big as it involves other people's asset on that exchange and how on earth can you help with the withdrawal process, may we know?

Don't mention those social media profiles again as @o_e_l_e_o just said it realy means nothing unless you're really of a big shot afterall then I have no grudge at all as well. This is a fair reminder to newbies (as they are more likely to fall with I suppose) if ever this user message you or you want to make a transaction please make your own due diligence before doing so.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: