Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: | Understanding BlockChain |  (Read 243 times)
DomacinskiBurek (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 10:03:05 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm here beacuse I have heard there is much experts about cryptocurrencies and other.

I clearly understand what is "BlockChain", and how it works, but I don't understand next things.
(I want to try to build my own blockchain).

- How can i receive coins from other wallet addresses ( ex: ETH Chain or BTC Chain ).
- How can i check validity of that coin ?
- What I'm receiving and storing in my database ?
- How to check that "Hashes" in other systems ?

I couldn't find any answer on those questions, only I could find is only concept of how blockchain works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 11:28:57 AM

Are you building your own blockchain as in "a new type of coin", or just wallet software to interact with existing blockchain, e.g. Bitcoin? It sounds like the latter.

- How can i receive coins from other wallet addresses ( ex: ETH Chain or BTC Chain ).

To receive coins you need to create a valid private-public key pair, you keep the private key and give the sender your public key (typically in a hashed version we call "address"). The important thing is to be able to spend the coins later, which is what the private key is for.

Technically you check the whole blockchain to see where those coins originated and verify that all transactions and blocks are valid.

It's up to you - you store what you need. At the very least you would probably store the raw transactions and some decoded info that allows you to verify them quickly. You can also store a list of addresses and balances and other stuff it more usable as a "ledger". It really depends on what you need.

Assuming you're talking about block hash - you hash the same info (block header, transactions) with the same algorithm (e.g. SHA-256) and you verify if your hash is the same value as the one you're verifying and meets the difficulty requirements.

I couldn't find any answer on those questions, only I could find is only concept of how blockchain works.

It looks like you stopped reading too soon. There is plenty of resources, e.g. Bitcoin wiki, that would answer the above questions and more.
DomacinskiBurek (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 11:43:24 AM

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you are saying to me, but to be clear my question is:

Based on already existing wallet platforms like ( CoinPayments, Cryptonator, CoinBase etc.. ). If someone is sending 1 BTC to my wallet address registered in my block chain, from where I can check whole ledger about that 1 BTC.
Is there any API or Base with all that information ?

This is really confusing for me.

( Thank you for your patient and time )
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 01:18:43 PM

Based on already existing wallet platforms like ( CoinPayments, Cryptonator, CoinBase etc.. ). If someone is sending 1 BTC to my wallet address registered in my block chain, from where I can check whole ledger about that 1 BTC.
Is there any API or Base with all that information ?

There are two different things - relying on a third-party site or API, or verifying the blocks yourself.

The essence of the blockchain is that anybody can connect to a peer-to-peer network, download the blocks and verify them independently. If that's what you're doing then at the very least you need to install Bitcoin Core software and then you can make RPC calls to it and get any information you need from the blockchain. It takes a long time to sync (download the blockchain) initially tho.

If you want to rely on a third party you could just use a block explorer and check your balance there, for example https://blockchair.com/ . I'm sure there are sites that could provide an API for it too but I don't have any links handy for that. There are risks with that if you're relying on it for payments. You're basically trusting a centralized third party site.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 04:23:29 PM

From your question you have really long way ahead of you. You won't be able to write your own coin. It demands extreme skills. Thats why everyone else just copy-paste Bitcoin and change minor things (which they understand or think they understand) and sell it as new coin.
If you are not world-class programmer, you have only way to do the same. Its sad, but that is reality of it.
DomacinskiBurek (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 02:31:26 PM

Thank you all for your help. I'll read more and do what I need to Smiley Smiley Smiley.
I'll post new question here if I get stuck with something !
The3max

Activity: 317
Merit: 100

https://leasehold.io/

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:26:04 PM

Information entered into the blockchain will not be changed and added only with the approval of everyone in the system. This is a system to ensure very high safety for data against the risk of theft, especially sensitive data such as online bank accounts, payment card accounts ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: