Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Primecoin (XPM), DVC, etc has no Wow and little hope == Bottom in site?  (Read 1164 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:47:42 AM

Primecoin (XPM) is a sick puppy that no longer rallies on the way down.
It looks so "hopeless" that the bottom might be near; What do you think?

Some other coins that "cannot fall much further"
Devcoin
EAC
MEOW  (make over 15% on a single tick....LOL?)
BBQcoin

When you double or triple your money from these ideas, please remember to leave a generous tip.  ( 15DYJpWJe9H1YofsNQbP9JEWWNn7XPZgbS )
If you fall behind on one or two, don't blame me.....just buy a lot more.   Cheesy

ps You don't need to "believe in the future of alts" or expect huge rallies; Some of these coins offer amazing short-term trades.
Do you Buy when the crowds are selling?

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:25:34 AM

Hi,
But why really Primecoin (XPM) is so low nowadays?! I made such effort to mine this coin and when it was about 5$ i made good money from it, but thought that i will keep it for the future.....o well Smiley
I think it will die soon  Cry

BR,

Gondel
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:15:37 AM

Primecoin will recover when the Bear cycle is over.
Being on BTC-e is a big advantage, so XPM is far from dead.

noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:35:06 AM

Seem not much from this coins in way of infrastructure etc since its launch, even the dev only shows limited interest from time to time.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:49:29 AM

Well whole point of free market of altcoins is this best one is going to stay, bad ones is going to die.

Still I'm not sure if all of this coins are completely dead, but yeah, without support from developers or with better alternatives (and we have a lot of them right now) coin might go lower and lower. Still even though prices are low, there are still people who are hoping they are going to buy cheap now and sell high later.

yldouright

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:38:19 AM

BitOnyx
Yep, check out this link.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 03:40:26 AM

BitOnyx
Yep, check out this link.

Why is that scam thread of interest?

Are you the scammer or something?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:53:11 AM

I agree- we're in a Bear market and people are consolidating into Fiat, BTC or into a few of the bigger stronger coins. In a Bull market people will look to diversify again and alts will benefit. The market is still finding a floor, and it may go on a little while yet- if we have a movement up in the market I don't think it will be gradual- it will probably be another strong Bull run from some kind of big BTC news/adoptment. I'm still accumulating BTC and a number of alts at the moment- XPM included.

yldouright

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:20:02 AM

MarkM
I think suspicion is generally a healthy thing but calling something a scam when there are successful transactions to prove otherwise is not good for anyone. It limits the liquidity of all crypto-coins and is not good for our development as a community.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:38:32 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 10:48:51 AM by markm

Then why point to a thread that is about a scam? The thread linked to goes on about some scam or other. What does that scam have to do with this thread?

Why point to a scam-thread / scam-accusation thread / scam-report thread?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
unent

Activity: 326

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:47:36 AM

I agree- we're in a Bear market and people are consolidating into Fiat, BTC or into a few of the bigger stronger coins. In a Bull market people will look to diversify again and alts will benefit. The market is still finding a floor, and it may go on a little while yet- if we have a movement up in the market I don't think it will be gradual- it will probably be another strong Bull run from some kind of big BTC news/adoptment. I'm still accumulating BTC and a number of alts at the moment- XPM included.

That sounds right to me. Everyone is just waiting for the low point and everyone will start buying when it becomes obvious things are rising. Nobody is too sure how low things will go at the moment, so most people are either selling or holding.
yldouright

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:50:31 AM

MarkM
Do you read well? Pointing to something and calling it a scam does not make it one.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:52:56 AM

The buying starts when buyers offer enough to match the lowest sell offers. The more they offer the more of the sell offers on the books will get bought up. The way to catch the rise is to have your sell offers already in place; the way to catch the bottom is to spread buy offers all the way down to far below the lowest bottom you think it could reach, even down to the lowest offer the platform lets you place even if possible, so that no matter how low it goes you were there ready to buy at the bottom, as well as having already bought just above that in case that was the bottom and so on.

No rush no hurry, it is all just orders put on the books long ago ready to profit from any rise or fall in price...

If you wait until the fluctuation already happened you end up selling low and buying high instead of buying low and selling high.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:57:18 AM

MarkM
Do you read well? Pointing to something and calling it a scam does not make it one.

Then why point to a thread that describes something as a scam?

If there is something somewhere that indicates whatever it was was or is not a scam, wouldn't it be better to point to that?

Or better yet, simply to state outright here whatever it is that is relevant about whichever post of that other thread is supposedly relevant?

The conclusion of that thread at the time had been that whatever it was was a scam. If that thread has been updated to show that the thing is not a scam maybe another post here telling us to go look now at that might be better. Or, the link maybe should have explained whether it was pointing to the thing concluded to be a scam or was pointing to something the person posting the link thought was not a scam (and why they thought it was not would have been useful too if that was the case.)

What I saw was a link to a short series of posts that succinctly explained some thing or other was a scam, with references to more material purported to provide deeper details of in what way it was a scam. With no refuting claims that the scam claim or the referenced further details were incorrect.

-MarkM-

unent

Activity: 326

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:57:31 AM

The buying starts when buyers offer enough to match the lowest sell offers. The more they offer the more of the sell offers on the books will get bought up. The way to catch the rise is to have your sell offers already in place; the way to catch the bottom is to spread buy offers all the way down to far below the lowest bottom you think it could reach, even down to the lowest offer the platform lets you place even if possible, so that no matter how low it goes you were there ready to buy at the bottom, as well as having already bought just above that in case that was the bottom and so on.

No rush no hurry, it is all just orders put on the books long ago ready to profit from any rise or fall in price...

If you wait until the fluctuation already happened you end up selling low and buying high instead of buying low and selling high.

-MarkM-

I have seen coin buy orders for 1 sat that I assumed would never be filled because a coin was doing so well. However, when crashes happened the 1 sat orders were filled. Your strategy certainly seems to work and I am considering giving it a go.
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:51:45 AM

Works great, especially if you can afford to leave the funds sitting there.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:10:41 AM

Even more so if the exchange pays you to leave funds sitting there.

Doing it all only with profits is important though because of the propensity of exchanges to freeze or confiscate coins from time to time.

(Oh lucky me, I am now a bag uh I mean share holder in the exchange, such wow.)

-MarkM-

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: