Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:52:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going to get harder for alts to list on the big exchanges  (Read 529 times)
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:11:52 PM

See the following:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/09/30/bitcoin-giants-coinbase-circle-kraken-bittrex-grayscale-and-others-band-together-to-rate-tokens/#68441bac7a01

Now, bitcoin trading and investment giants Anchorage, Bittrex, Circle, Coinbase, DRW Cumberland, Genesis, Grayscale, and Kraken have banded together to create the Crypto Rating Council in order to better decide which digital assets can and cannot be traded on their platforms.

The group have created what they call a "scalable, points-based rating system" to help define whether a cryptocurrency is or is not a security.

The system will use a set of several dozen questions, "derived directly from SEC guidance and case law."

"We also worked hard to focus our framework on objective, repeatable, fact-driven questions that can be answered consistently by technical experts across different assets and over time," Coinbase wrote in a blog post announcing the council.

The system will give bitcoin and similar digital tokens a score between one and five, with a score of one meaning the council’s independent analysis suggests the asset has few or no characteristics consistent with a traditional regulated security.

So in addition to paying them a lot to get listed, the developers of new alts need to jump through these new opaque hoops.
All i notice on the list are just coinbase and bittrex still i don't see binance,huobi, kucoin,gate, and all others so this is not a big fix at all compared to if all exchange do the same thing but i am in support, anything that will make garbage coins disappeared off crypto space i am totally in

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:34:45 PM

I think ithis change is for good. Cause we saw many scams. And more than that many dead projects. If a alt in not secure then its better to keep distance form that. I think now devs or team of the alts will be more responsible to great good project. Earlier a bad project could list if they have enough money. But that not gonna happen now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:59:31 PM

No its not going to be hard for altcoins to get listed on big exchange because i bet not all exchanges will follow this procedure, only bad developers will get disturbed by this, its not a bad idea though but at the same time this is not a solution to scam projects tormenting crypto space

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jsizar

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:00:53 PM

There are not so much really innovative alts
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:22:30 PM

Its very possible. projects will not just pay for listing fee but will also pay for them to be defined by the council, meaning discussed in the council table.

Binance must be in that "OTHERS" because obviously they rely to binance decision when they delist BSV. and yet they are now creating this Crypto Rating Council? Smiley

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:23:48 PM

I think this is good in the long run. Now developers will need to perform their best and not just produce a quick token here and there just to make a quick money.

I think this is born out because of the strict law of US SEC, if you just haven't notice there's a lot of cases being filed by SEC to those project which is deem as STO. So I'm in with this one and I'm sure everyone will benefit from this move and it will be positive.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1176
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 07:26:10 PM

Now a days when projects are struggling to reach their hard cap(even soft cap in some cases), due to huge fees and less funds availability, its very difficult to get listed for these projects on big exchanges. And in addition to that, the mentioned criteria fulfillment will be very much hectic to projects.
Only genuine projects with big investments can achieve listing on renowned exchanges.  

alyssa85 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:36:09 PM

Its very possible. projects will not just pay for listing fee but will also pay for them to be defined by the council, meaning discussed in the council table.

Binance must be in that "OTHERS" because obviously they rely to binance decision when they delist BSV. and yet they are now creating this Crypto Rating Council? Smiley

It's definitely mysterious as to why some alts get listed and others don't.

For example, they've given Ripple a rating. Why? Does anyone in the real world anywhere actually use Ripple? Or are they listed just because they have well-connected developers and a marketing board?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:54:33 PM

So much coins at crypto world and already so much coins at exchanges. More coins result dividing of the volume. While some exchanges delist some coins, Binance as the leading exchange preferred removing some trading pairs at some coins, which is good for trading volume.
And Binance announced that for listing they bring back the Community Vote System for listing new coins. They changed rules for the advantages of BNB holder. BNB holders can only vote the coins and they will get airdrop rewards if their coin wins.
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 11:42:32 PM

Dash added to Coinbase
Dash added to Coinbase Pro
Dash listed among other coins for future integration on Binance US
Dash listed on Cointrade.cx (a rapidly growing Brazilian exchange)
Dash listed on Vaultoro (cryptocurrency and gold trading service)
Dash listed on Bibox (cryptocurrency exchange servicing primarily Asian markets)
Dash listed on Smart Valor (Swiss cryptocurrency exchange and security token platform)
Dash listed on NovaDAX (cryptocurrency exchange from Brazil)
Dash listed on TurtleNetwork DEX (Decentralized Exchange)
Dash listed on Bitasset (Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange)
Dash listed on CriptoLAGO (state-licensed cryptocurrency exchange in Venezuela)

This is all from just the last 4 weeeks..

Maybe some altcoins have difficulty getting listed on big exchanges, but not Dash.

Seems very impressive! Though the CRC did'nt rate DASH yet - https://www.cryptoratingcouncil.com/asset-ratings which I feel it is less likely to be a security, then it  will not have a hard time listing on other exchanges especially that DASH is one of the coins with very good fundamentals and innovations! (Reminds me of Darkcoin's early days! Smiley)
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 11:46:39 PM

I think it is because of the requirements that they should fulfill first,  a lot of developers of altcoins are only focusing to earn profit and not to improve their products and services. There are now only few altcoins that are successfully listed in an exchange because of their good team and developers.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:14:17 AM

I'm not sure if that rating council means much. If the exchanges are willing to list XRP and state it's not a security, then what coin is really?
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:31:55 AM

Its because the bigger exchange the higher the price to be payed before an altcoin can be list , and it takes a bigger volume also to be approved by big exchanges to list a certain coin/altcoins. There are many altcoins that are being delisted from big exchanges because their volume is too low and also one factor is that the coin stops the development.

lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 03:21:47 AM

Its because the bigger exchange the higher the price to be payed before an altcoin can be list , and it takes a bigger volume also to be approved by big exchanges to list a certain coin/altcoins. There are many altcoins that are being delisted from big exchanges because their volume is too low and also one factor is that the coin stops the development.

What you've stated isn't the reason why alts will find it more harder to list on big exchanges, rather, if they will be considered as security tokens as per ratings from CRC then they will definitely be obliged to comply with regulatory requirements since buying and selling securities shall be regulated as what the law mandates.

Additionally, this has nothing to do with listing fees and volume requirements before an exchange considers to list any particular token. Please see the link from OP for further reference..
altcoinEra

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:11:57 PM

Hi guys, haven't found GRM on any particular big exchange for a reasonable price. Could you suggest a good one with GRM available?
khirech

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:14:05 PM

Hi guys, haven't found GRM on any particular big exchange for a reasonable price. Could you suggest a good one with GRM available?
What exchanges have you seen? I found few days ago a great exchange called bitrexchange, they trade GRAMs for a price of 3 or 4 $ each. That's the great deal I thought and bought some, hope to hold them till release/
altcoinEra

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:22:02 PM

All big and popular one's. Ive wanted to catch GRM for 2 dollars each, but lost some time now it's trading 4 or even 6. Haven't heard of site you mention, is it safe to buy there?
khirech

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:23:55 PM

All big and popular one's. Ive wanted to catch GRM for 2 dollars each, but lost some time now it's trading 4 or even 6. Haven't heard of site you mention, is it safe to buy there?
I had doubts as well, but decided to try with small amounts first and then increased to 1200 GRM per transfer. Bought a total of 5350 GRAMs. Pretty fair deal it was. Hopefully hasn't spent too much time on bitrexchange as they work very quick
altcoinEra

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:28:26 PM

A wise movement,  Shocked. 5350 is too much for me, I don't have so much at my disposal. I mean money. As for the buying options, I can buy with card and with wallet?
khirech

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:31:52 PM

A wise movement,  Shocked. 5350 is too much for me, I don't have so much at my disposal. I mean money. As for the buying options, I can buy with card and with wallet?
Sure, they accept all kinds of payment, really like how easy it is to exchange on bitrexchange, hopefully they add some more currencies and tokens in the future. A great exchange. Would you test it?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: