Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going to get harder for alts to list on the big exchanges  (Read 527 times)
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:38:02 PM

I dont understand where the high cost of listing comes up with the article but how long will it take to effect the regulation on altcoins. However, we need the regulation also for ICO not only altcoins. We also need to be sure that exchanges cant be bought and the requirements can be maneuvered by scammers. The bound from exchanges should be effective especially with caliber of exchanges listed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinEra

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:38:19 PM

Yeah, why not, I am testing right now, now exchanging bitcash there. Took 5 minutes in total, very good. I'm satisfied with your choice! Where have you found bitrexchange?
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:39:59 PM

I think it is because of the requirements that they should fulfill first,  a lot of developers of altcoins are only focusing to earn profit and not to improve their products and services. There are now only few altcoins that are successfully listed in an exchange because of their good team and developers.
several altcoins from several thousand. this is very small. the market is very weak and at such a time projects show their true face. if they were good they would be able to hold on and large exchanges themselves would offer them a listing

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
khirech

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:40:05 PM

Yeah, why not, I am testing right now, now exchanging bitcash there. Took 5 minutes in total, very good. I'm satisfied with your choice! Where have you found bitrexchange?
Here, on bitointalk as well, I regularly check different threads depending my own interest. Lot's of cool and interesting staff can be found here on talk.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:43:36 PM

Well, this is great I hope many top or decent exchanges will join their move this really benefits us all. It will minimize some scam projects to be listed, We all know that scammers and bad actors sometimes will gamble and willing to pay the fees on exchanges just to list and then exit scam. For sure more verification and review will be done on this process.
altcoinEra

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:45:13 PM

Here, on bitointalk as well, I regularly check different threads depending my own interest. Lot's of cool and interesting staff can be found here on talk.
seems that many interesting is yet here to find, haha, thank you for sharing, good luck in your GRAM holding. Hope to buy some on bitrexchange too, GL!  Grin
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 08:48:10 PM

This is good to do like they really study if the alts will get list or be help by their big exchanges because many really turn scam or hack only

So base in this then i think this can turn more trust about the new alts in many big exchanges like crypto market will really grow by this like many users,traders and investors will do risk or invest here in crypto
They probably did this because they have a reason also and for the seek to build a more trusted crypto environment.
What SEC emphasize is to be one of the reliable market design and those questionable crypto coins could be hung outside. It is also a part of every crypto developers to show that they can be trusted and they are worthy to be listed with known market exchanges.
Cause a numerous project today worth nothing and what SEC have to do is to keep traders and investors away from being scam or lose their money because of this shit projects.

so SEC will be part of this  Crypto Rating Council who has now the power to ask exchanges not to list a particular project?

we are becoming more centralized that even the listing of coins are monitored. if they can do this on DEX, i'd really think they have long arms to reach the people even those who are hiding behind the anonymity will not end well. its a good thing i'm not from US.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
khirech

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:51:32 PM

seems that many interesting is yet here to find, haha, thank you for sharing, good luck in your GRAM holding. Hope to buy some on bitrexchange too, GL!  Grin
Grams is a good investment, dude, do not wait too long to buy.  Roll Eyes
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 09:35:04 PM

So in addition to paying them a lot to get listed, the developers of new alts need to jump through these new opaque hoops.

Once we see decentralized exchanges take root, these regulators are going to have less influence.
kooboat

Activity: 235
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 09:36:21 PM

Even until now, it has always been difficult for many projects to get their coins listed. Most of the developers of the new alts are really aware of this. To make things simple and easier for them to get their tokens listed on exchanges, they often opt  for the smaller exchanges.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●[/
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 12:20:28 AM

This would be good so that not all altcoins just because they have money to get listed can have their spot on big exchange. It could also be a way for this giant exchanges to comply with SEC since crypto is now growing. This could at least makenit difficult for scam project, or projects with no real product or use case to be listed.

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 12:24:06 AM

It's no longer secret that if altcoins want to list on big exchange they have pay a lot of listing fee which almost impossible to new altcoins. I think the system like this is not good since there are many potential coins but not funded well
cutesgirl

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 12:50:40 AM

Every altcoin want to listed with exchange market have paying fee based on which one exchange market, inside have minimum volume transaction in exchange market. Almost new coin dev looking with lower fee payment for listing coin on exchange and they have use shit exchange to listed coin because with lower fee have to pay and give bad for altcoin with lower price after listing.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:01:17 AM

I guess soon this will all be big business and even bitcoin (as it was way back in the day), could never get listed. Sad day.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:14:18 AM

This is not new news, it's been a long time since alt had difficulty entering into large listings. almost every project that emerges always promises to listings their coins in a large exchange. in fact most of them failed, for many reasons. in my opinion this rule has been going on for a long time only recently have they joined in formulating a joint rule.
Aabcde

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:21:31 AM

It is burdensome for developers who want to enter large exchanges, but this is also precisely to eliminate the fake projects that roam. The entry into the large exchange indicated that the coins were indeed very serious in developing their respective projects. We'll see in the future what it looks like.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
bangdol

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:27:10 AM

because more and more altcoin will be very reasonable if large exchanges certainly provide more stringent rules for new altcoin who want to register on their exchanges. especially now that many altcoins don't have good trades, now exchanges should not be profit-only. choosing good coins will make the exchange also have a good impression for traders and investors.
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 03:14:20 AM

It is burdensome for developers who want to enter large exchanges, but this is also precisely to eliminate the fake projects that roam. The entry into the large exchange indicated that the coins were indeed very serious in developing their respective projects. We'll see in the future what it looks like.
that's right, this is one way to prevent fake projects from being registered.
i think this is very good, so we can see which are serious projects and fake projects. if their project is serious, the development team will strive to make their coins successful. so investors are not afraid to invest in their projects.

Aabcde

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 03:46:32 AM

that's right, this is one way to prevent fake projects from being registered.
i think this is very good, so we can see which are serious projects and fake projects. if their project is serious, the development team will strive to make their coins successful. so investors are not afraid to invest in their projects.
Because we are bored with unclear projects that only make promises, not evidence. I strongly support this exchange policy. We want situations and conditions that are safe in investing or trading. And keep novice investors from fraud or scams. So that later the negative image carried by the crypto world can get refreshment.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 03:55:19 AM

See the following:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/09/30/bitcoin-giants-coinbase-circle-kraken-bittrex-grayscale-and-others-band-together-to-rate-tokens/#68441bac7a01

Now, bitcoin trading and investment giants Anchorage, Bittrex, Circle, Coinbase, DRW Cumberland, Genesis, Grayscale, and Kraken have banded together to create the Crypto Rating Council in order to better decide which digital assets can and cannot be traded on their platforms.

The group have created what they call a "scalable, points-based rating system" to help define whether a cryptocurrency is or is not a security.

The system will use a set of several dozen questions, "derived directly from SEC guidance and case law."

"We also worked hard to focus our framework on objective, repeatable, fact-driven questions that can be answered consistently by technical experts across different assets and over time," Coinbase wrote in a blog post announcing the council.

The system will give bitcoin and similar digital tokens a score between one and five, with a score of one meaning the council’s independent analysis suggests the asset has few or no characteristics consistent with a traditional regulated security.

So in addition to paying them a lot to get listed, the developers of new alts need to jump through these new opaque hoops.

This is the time where the DEX will be the best choice of developers to list their token but that is if the token then was created on Ethereum smart contract, I read that Mcafee created a DEX that can satisfy the needs of developers and traders, let's see how this goes after the implementation.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: