Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:01:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Popularity of BITCOIN on Twitter Declining?  (Read 630 times)
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 02:09:09 PM

1. Bounties & Bounty Hunters: During the Bull run bounty hunting was at its peak and all the bounty hunters participated heavily in twitter campaigns. Most of the tweets had some basic condition to add a few hashtags related to cryptocurrency I think that was the reason why the graph looks so tall during the bull run.

2. Trading Mentors & Media: A lot of hype was also created by all types of media around the world when they continuously posted around regarding bitcoin and how it went to moon. Moreover even every damn trader became a trade mentor because every coin was going up people gave calls blindly and became trading mentor. These mentors were giving calls on daily basis with these usual hashtags relating to bitcoin.

These can be the two reasons why chart shows such a long tower in December 2017.

The bounties immediately came to my mind, as the tweet history of bitcoin in 2017 increased on twitter. It is because of the number of twitter campaigns that the requirements are to tweet with the project name on the hashtag and bitcoin. This could also be due to the recent news that bitcoin's price hit nearly $ 20,000 and many have commented on it and tweeted their feelings in those days.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 02:17:58 PM

Ever since the big bull run we had in 2017/2018, we have seen a tailing off of interest, but that doesn't mean that people are albeit less interested. Maybe there is a restructuring of interest and it's usually now big traders who talk more about Bitcoin, so it has become more of an expert or niche market revolving around day traders, etc. I think over time as more and more people become aware of Bitcoin and its uses we might get a bigger interest and Twitter and other Social Media outlets will reflect this of course. Let's see if the Bitcoin halving event taking place in 2020 will help bring about more awareness and buzz around BTC on Twitter.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 02:38:06 PM

I don't see it that way actually if you would notice the bounty distribution on some campaigns
Twitter's bounty distribution percentage has increased compare to before.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: