Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well the NXT folks beat me to it. (NXT = Crypto-GrimReaper, Mine NXT!)  (Read 3168 times)
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:32:31 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 06:36:17 AM by williamevanl

p00l.org

SHA-256 MINERS - stratum+tcp://p00l.org:3001/
SCRYPT MINERS - stratum+tcp://p00l.org:3003/

Username - YOUR NXT ADDRESS
Password - "Anything"

I had a recent post about creating an alt that essentially cleaned up the alt-coin ecosystem by mining and dumping crappy alt-coins in exchange for something of substance.

Well it turns out NXT has taken this challenge on. The pool above will allow you mine the most profitable alt-coin in exchange for NXT. NXT is the only new non-clone of Bitcoin on the Crypto-currency landscape. It clearly has the most promise and developmental effort going into it. (as well as some on of the most talented minds in the game)

Good work guys! (I can't wait to see where this is a year from now! )  

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:21:52 AM

Wish they'd add SHA-3. My 280x temps are going bananas with scrypt, I have no idea why.  Embarrassed

Anyway, can't say if this is legit for now until someone gets paid.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
williamevanl (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:33:55 AM

Perhaps they will now that you've requested it in this thread. I see this as a huge win win, miners want to be rewarded for their ability to mine and NXT to be recognized for all of the innovation that it has brought to crypto-currency.

When you think about the amount of work that has gone into NXT vs all of these copy-paste jobs I'm just amazed that there is any competition in terms of marketcap. On one side you have an army of developers with new innovative ideas and on the other you have ridiculous pump and dump schemes that are fairing out about the same.

I'm optimistic though, that hard work will prevail in the long term. I wish this option of just copying bitcoin and altering a few minor specs hadn't been available as it has resulted in an onslaught of miserable sure to fail copycats. If you actually have something new to offer, for the love of Satoshi, create some new code/platform to show your commitment, almost nobody has done this except NXT.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:40:25 AM

Too much hassle. Cryptsy doesn't yet support auto-sell of NXT for BTC.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:49:04 AM

you guys aren't the only pool like this!

Here's what I posted earlier on Bitcointalk:

hey all

I am accepting applications to help me with some closed beta testing on a new pool that I am in the midst of setting up.  I hope to have the initial page up for the preliminary beta testers later today.

It is a mining pool that you can point your scrypt miners at, and use your NXT account ID as the worker name.  The pool will mine the most profitable of (eventually all of the altcoins) but during beta it will likely only mine the most profitable out of a small sampling of 3-4 different alts.
The coins that are mined will be liquidated on exchanges twice a day, and all of the BTC that they bring in will be used to buy NXT on the same exchange that the coins were sold on (to eliminate fees and time spent transferring coins between exchanges)
The NXT that is purchased with the BTC that was mined will then be sent out to all of the miners, divided up by the percentage of the total shares that each miner contributed to the pool.  There will be a 2.5% fee on the pool once it goes public (for the first 1 month) and afterwards the fee will drop to 2%.  During the closed beta period the fee will be 1%.  I have spent an enormous amount of time getting the various pieces to this all starting to work together, so I do not feel that it is an unfair fee amount.  The fee will be retained by the pool in the form of NXT, 100% of the coins mined will be liquidated for BTC and 100% of the BTC that is obtained will be immediately used to purchase NXT.

This will:

a) drive the price of NXT up by continually infusing BTC into the ecosystem
b) allow people to use scrypt miners to increase their NXT holdings.

Please message me if you're interested in testing the closed beta - as a warning, there will be limited visibility into the stats during the first part of the beta, although I will be more than willing to be in an IRC channel with the testers while they test.  Any coins that are mined will be liquidated and the NXT that they purchase will be distributed amongst the beta testers.  I am hoping to start the closed beta testing tonight, although there is the possibility that it may have to wait until early this week. 
--- Please include an approximate value for your hash rate if you're messaging about the closed beta testing.  I would like to be able to keep the beta to a reasonable hash rate, so please no huge 300 card mining farms or anything yet ---

bump, sorry if this violates any thread rules or site etiquette.  I have recieved only 6 PM's from people and a few of them were only CPU minerrs, I had been hoping for a bit larger of a closed beta.

The beta testing is now starting.  I have got the pool up and responding on http://hashrate.org. (if the DNS is still propagating it is 162.243.47.17.  The DNS has updated for me on two of my boxes, but not yet on another two.  If it doesn't work for you by DNS name, use the IP.)  Port 3008 is a vardiff port for the smaller miners.  Port 3032 is a fixed difficulty of 32 and 3256 is a fixed difficulty of 256.
Unfortunately it took me a lot longer than I thought that it would to get things up and running.  I will be messaging the people who earlier today contacted me with the credentials to be able to sign into the hashrate.org page and look at their share statistics.  (the pool is currently only mining FTC overnight, I will get some of the other coins up tomorrow after I get a bit of sleep).  ** update, i'm sorry, I will be sending the beta testers their credentials in the morning.  I get up for work at 5:30AM and it's already nearly 1AM here.  I will send the credentials to log into the site from work first thing in the morning, so likely before 8 AM MST)

The people who messaged me earlier can rest assured knowing that every share they submit will be counted for and paid out tomorrow manually at some point.  Anyone else interested in using the pool can also point miners at hashrate.org on one of those ports, and message me with your worker name and I will send you the credentials to log into the database.   I will be putting up a much more polished public facing interface tomorrow, again, I have been working on this for quite some time already today.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO USE THE NXT ACCOUNT NUMBER THAT YOU WISH TO RECIEVE YOUR NXT TO, AS THE NAME OF YOUR WORKER.  You can use whatever password you want please don't use a password that you use on other sites! just just some random keyboard mashing would be great).

I did not feel I should rush or make things any less transparent in an effort to just try and claim the bounty soonest.  I look forward to expanding the site and making it much more accessible over the next few days to make it as easy to use as possible for all of you.

I already have a interface that lets you see visibility into the various miners connected and the shares that they are generating and the number of coins mined but I have not yet had time to get it into a format that I can open up the internet.  If anyone points some miners at my pool and wants to see, just shoot me a message and I'll send you the credentials that you can log into hashrate.org with to see the stats.  I also think that I may keep the site password protected permenantly as I don't feel that the total hash rate of the pool needs to be public knowledge (but anybody who mines on the pool will definitely have access to log in to see all of the share/coin/miner stats).  That way joe public also can't see what coins we're mining to sell to help boost the NXT price.

Otherwise I hope to get both the internet facing stats site as well as the SHA256 side of the pool both up fairly early tomorrow.

So far there is about 8 MH of scrypt pointing at the pool, and it's only been up for less than an hour.

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:52:01 AM

Can´t wait to mine shitcoin + dump shitcoin = get NXT  Grin
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:57:21 AM

Can´t wait to mine shitcoin + dump shitcoin = get NXT  Grin

+1
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 01:41:34 PM

THis is awesome, gonna put my GPU on this Wink

grimli333

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:11:12 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 02:39:36 PM by grimli333

This morning, nxtp00l.org suffered its very first DDoS attack.  I am working diligently to get everything running smoothly again, and we will have serious discussions about spreading our system out across different regions to mitigate future attacks.

We are now happily hashing away once more, with 10MH scrypt and 30GH SHA256.

I'll be monitoring throughout the day to ensure we have everything resolved.

Thanks!

grimli333
co-creator of nxtp00l.org

Edit: Up to 172GH of SHA256!!
Isildur23

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:43:29 PM

Miners happy!

Ties are a prison for the soul...
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:04:19 PM

any plans on adding a CPU mining like Protoshares or XPM?

grimli333

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:54:53 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 07:47:45 PM by grimli333

We have discussed adding XPM and its ilk, but it's not on the immediate agenda.  In no particular order, I'd like to add Scrypt-N, Scrypt-Jane, Quark/Qubit/Myr/Darkcoin, which are not far off.

Right now we have 8 sha256 currencies supported and 11 scrypt currencies supported.  However, users will never have access to those altcoins, they will be automagically converted to NXT behind the scenes.

We are still at around 20-30MH scrypt, but up to 800 gigahash sha256!  The response is overwhelming!  We'll be cranking on this day and night to ensure it works perfectly.  We intend to perform an unscheduled payout today in order to test the payment system, as well.

The display of users connected will be online within a few hours on the front page, with hash rate information coming quickly afterward.

Thanks everyone!
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

please let us Mine Keccak and HVC,consumes less electricity+less noice+less temps.
williamevanl (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:58:04 PM

This morning, nxtp00l.org suffered its very first DDoS attack.  I am working diligently to get everything running smoothly again, and we will have serious discussions about spreading our system out across different regions to mitigate future attacks.

We are now happily hashing away once more, with 10MH scrypt and 30GH SHA256.

I'll be monitoring throughout the day to ensure we have everything resolved.

Thanks!

grimli333
co-creator of nxtp00l.org

Edit: Up to 172GH of SHA256!!

Wow 172GH already, nice work!
Wipeout2097

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:02:47 PM

What do you mean by this?  

I've noticed that have batch jobs when you withdraw NXT.  Unfortunately, this is going to cause significant lag in the hash <-> NXT cycle.  We might get our NXT elsewhere. (bter ...)

BTW we are buying NXT with BTC, not the other way around.  
What do I mean by this? That I would want to dump the Nxt I get from the pool for BTC which I can use to buy real-world stuff. Or call me when tigerdirect, overstock and others start to accept Nxt

It's pointless. If I wanted Nxt, I'd buy it from an  exchange. Regarding the pool, either one gets more BTC, Euros or bacon out of it than competitors, or one doesn't. With the serious issue that you imply you want to "dump shitcoins", i.e. destroy long-term value precisely for the ones you want to lure in, to pump up your Nxt coin.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
williamevanl (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:06:34 AM

What do you mean by this?  

I've noticed that have batch jobs when you withdraw NXT.  Unfortunately, this is going to cause significant lag in the hash <-> NXT cycle.  We might get our NXT elsewhere. (bter ...)

BTW we are buying NXT with BTC, not the other way around.  
What do I mean by this? That I would want to dump the Nxt I get from the pool for BTC which I can use to buy real-world stuff. Or call me when tigerdirect, overstock and others start to accept Nxt

It's pointless. If I wanted Nxt, I'd buy it from an  exchange. Regarding the pool, either one gets more BTC, Euros or bacon out of it than competitors, or one doesn't. With the serious issue that you imply you want to "dump shitcoins", i.e. destroy long-term value precisely for the ones you want to lure in, to pump up your Nxt coin.

What you are saying is exactly correct but there are only 3 actual 'types' of cryptocurrency that exist currently. There's Bitcoin, a million ripoffs of bitcoin and NXT. This enables people that have the capacity to mine to get into an amazing new market. If you don't appreciate NXT for the innovation it offers, buy bitcoin and snub NXT but don't treat everything else as if it's on an equal playing field.

When the dust settles only the projects that have the talent necessary to continue building will be left. Potcoin is not one of those projects (or any of the BS copycat coins). This shouldn't be a my coin vs your coin argument, everything else is a modified copy of Bitcoin. These can't be further developed because they required no talent to develop in the first place.
Wipeout2097

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:03:22 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 04:14:15 AM by Wipeout2097

Well, I do agree that Nxt is innovative and that there are many copy-paste BTC/LTC clones that honestly don't add anything to the scene.

My previous post is not even the main point, however.  Let's see from another perspective:

A typical single-coin pool (e.g. LTC, Doge, etc...) caters by mutual benefit of 1) miners via payouts; 2) the pool operator via fees and donations; 3) and of course for the coin itself with securing the network and transaction processing. It's win-win-win.

A typical multipool that pays out in BTC is win-win-lose. It dumps and destroys coins without caring for coin securing and transaction processing. However it doesn't even harm coins deliberately, it is done as a side effect. That said, it's obvious multipools are bad for the "ecosystem" and for long term, either miners and pool operations. There are so many cash cows you can kill.

What this pool offers is quite frankly the bottom of the barrel. Not only it is implicit or even explicit on it's agenda to destroy other coins value (which will at least raise eyebrows on casual miners and worse on experienced or long-term ones), also it is done to pump the IPO holdings of a selected few. This Nxt multipool is worse than a zero-sum game. Who loses from this in medium/long-term if for any reason this pool became predominant? Miners, other pool operators, some actually decent coins that a slow pace and experimentalism bring innovation here and there, traders that are actually the ones that pump money into the alt-scene, etc...  This is even more ironic the context of a coin and community that evolved as being averse to mining and miners, to bitcoin and to exchanges.

So, no, I will not contribute to this zero-sum game and pump the Nxt coin. This crap is right beside with scams, and those dreadful non-profitable DigitalOcean mining "tutorials" for the sake of referrals.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
furball

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:25:37 AM

Great job on this!

Just wondering how the stats work ie how can we see how much we've earn so far?

Thx.
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:21:20 PM

* Accounts with under 100 NXT will be paid out every Thursday.
* Accounts with over 2000 NXT will be paid out automatically.

Anyone know what happens with those with more than 100, less than 2000?  Huh

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:11:56 PM

nxtp00l.org has added Scypt-N. The pool is currently mining Vertcoin, which is actually good coin. Oh well, at least have some mining choices.
stratum+tcp://nxtp00l.org:3005

I would second a request to add a SHA-3 pool. Spring is here, and summer is approaching. The cooler we can mine with our rigs the better, and there are plenty out there that want to put the hurt on Maxcoin.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: