Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 06:07:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Miners, how much do you make ?  (Read 837 times)
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1412

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 08:45:14 PM

I have 2 GTX1070 and 1 RX 580, I was mining on Nicehash but recently I'm mining BTCZ because I'm bored. I don't know if is better to buy more cards or just save it on bitcoin. Currently the ROIs are very high for GPUs. I live in Venezuela so, no costs on electricity, I'm making about 30$ monthly.

If you really do not have costs with electricity will always be profitable, in Brazil for example 30 $ do not pay the monthly costs with electricity. 0,23 $ KW/h.  Angry
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 05:38:50 AM

I think it's just as important to ask if miners have a process behind how they mine.  What about mining coins worth absolutely nothing and also not listed on an exchange?  It's risky so not worth it for some.  But the same was said for bitcoin, litecoin, the list goes on.  

I look at it like this... It's chaotic but also not overly simplistic like I think to many endeavors are:  

1.  Am I sustaining my business?  Yes, it is a business and it behooves anyone interested in the long-term to treat it like a business for so many reasons even if you are a "small miner".  You might be surprised at all the little expenses you rack up and how accounting for such things could benefit you later.  If you are in the US, you should consider an s-corp in a state where there are no recurring fees.  record keeping and taxes are actually really simple when done this way.

2. How am I sustaining?  Selling mined coins exclusively?  Other passive income sources?  Staking?  Lending?  Masternodes?  Am I actually selling coins or continuing to hold them because of the market? Does it make more sense to pay mining costs with mined coins or other revenue streams?  Am I buying coins or mining them?  Do I mine coins that aren't available for purchase even if I don't know if I can sell them in time for current mining costs to be paid?

3. Have I been successful at mining a crap coin, hodl'ing it and selling it for way more than it cost to mine?  Are others doing this successfully?  Yep.  Are others doing this and failing miserably?  Yep.

4. Are you engaged with various coin projects in Discord/Telegram/btc-talk/fb/twitter/etc?  You should be!

At the end of the day, can you afford to keep the lights on for your mining and/or crypto business operations?  Are you acquiring digital assets and at what cost?  I've mined coins that I forgot about only to find that 2 years later they were worth 6 times what it cost to mine them.  Many people mining today mine purely on a profit ratio basis.  So if 7 of 10 coins go to costs is it better to cover costs with cash reserves or sold coins?  That's a decision everyone has to make for themselves.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
boris1044

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 06:12:00 PM

Considering general, long-term costs and profitability (featured in the section above) are important. Still, people want to understand what profitability looks like in the short-term. The simple answer is that BTC profitability (as of late October 2019) is bleak. This is due to the relatively low value of BTC when compared to that of the previous bull market of 2017. Of course, this could always change at any point in time if the value of BTC were to increase. To put 2019 profitability into better perspective, it’s good to use a real-world scenario based upon realistic factors.

Right now it is not profitable to mine BTC for small miners.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: