Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:40:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCPay Server and missing transactions. Help!  (Read 142 times)
reymed (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:41:28 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

Hi there,

I am using electrum wallet and I'm using BTCPayServer to receive payments / pay button to generate invoices.
All was working fine, I could see transactions coming in just fine.

Past couple days, however, I can see transactions going through in BTCPayServer but I don't see these transactions in my Electrum wallet anymore. I even switched networks to make sure wallet is syncing properly but no luck. I am a newbie with BTC and BTCPayServer and don't know where to start looking.

I can definitely see the transactions made it to blockchain and have some confirmations, eg.
https://blockstream.info/tx/599e1290a9577c831537ff8d2739da5e98dbf9866abc279f2236045b14a8a46d

With my rusty knowledge of crypto I have a few guesses:
- My BTCPayServer store got hacked perhaps and deposit addresses are sending funds somewhere else? It's a bit hard to believe, especially since the public key of my wallet is correct in store settings. I cannot recognize deposit addresses though.
- My Electrum wallet might have limitations or something is not right with it? I don't know if I have to use something else or not. I am simply using it because it's convenient and am still testing how BTC payments work. So this is not a permanent solution, but regardless I would like to know what is wrong.

If someone know what the problem could be please let me know. I know I can set up a new store and try a different wallet but the same thing might happen again. It would be great if I can understand what is going on.

Thank you so much!
Tim

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2019, 07:49:04 PM

Since the tx broadcasted successfully but it was not to the address you wanted then I think it could have wrong setting from your end. I highly dobut about the hack thing you are assuming.

Was it first time happened or this was the first transaction you made to test how it goes?

By the way, I think moving the topic to the Development & Technical Discussion will get you more information that you are looking for.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:54:00 PM

If the receiving address(es) of this transaction is owned by you, then you still have your funds.
It's just a synchronizing error of electrum try to switching network until it connects. Not unless the receiving address(es) are not yours or there is an outgoing transaction to an unknown wallet.

If it doesn't work I guess reinstalling electrum would help, only try it if you have the complete backup of your recovery seed. Or wait until someone who has more knowledge share their inputs to fix your issue.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 08:00:11 PM

How have you setup up BTCPayServer? This might make it more clear how its sending to an address which you haven't set unless BTCPayServer comes with a default address as a placeholder and you have forgotten to define it in its settings? If you haven't already you should probably think about suspending payments until you get this worked out and test it on the testnet rather than with live Bitcoin to avoid further loss of Bitcoin.
reymed (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 08:06:44 PM

If the receiving address(es) of this transaction is owned by you, then you still have your funds.
It's just a synchronizing error of electrum try to switching network until it connects. Not unless the receiving address(es) are not yours or there is an outgoing transaction to an unknown wallet.

If it doesn't work I guess reinstalling electrum would help, only try it if you have the complete backup of your recovery seed. Or wait until someone who has more knowledge share their inputs to fix your issue.

Thank you for your answers. The thing is that BTCPayServer pay button generates a different receiving address every time someone clicks to pay. Since it's possible to have many receiving addresses, I don't know whether the address is mine or not. Is there a way to validate these addresses to see if they go to my wallet? It is possible that something finicky is happening with how that address is generated.

I have tried re-installing electrum and changing network to re-sync. That has not helped unfortunately.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 11:00:23 PM

Since it's possible to have many receiving addresses, I don't know whether the address is mine or not. Is there a way to validate these addresses to see if they go to my wallet? It is possible that something finicky is happening with how that address is generated.
You can use this site https://iancoleman.io/bip39/ to see all the generated address of your wallet. Just use it offline, you can download the whole website by downloading its repository , the url can be found at the bottom of the site.

The main purpose of that site is to get all the wallet address and its private keys of your seed. Again do it offline.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: