Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:22:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everyone getting their wall meters?  (Read 146 times)
noobieone (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 11:47:08 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2019, 02:02:25 AM by frodocooper

I have this type of plug for 240v, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U3I1S0, and I have not found a meter to I can plug into the wall showing what my miners are actually pulling. I have to go back to the breaker box and clamp around (not something I am found of doing).

Any recommendations?

Many thanks in advance.
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:09:09 AM

I couldn't find anything that was going to work as a plug and play option. So eventually I got fed up and made my own. It's not pretty but it does the job.   Wink
220/240V North America power meter - DIY Under 60$ CAD

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
noobieone (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:34:33 AM

I couldn't find anything that was going to work as a plug and play option. So eventually I got fed up and made my own. It's not pretty but it does the job.   Wink
220/240V North America power meter - DIY Under 60$ CAD

Thank you. I now know I'm not crazy for not finding one.

Followup questions: Am I a dummy for using the above listed wall plug? I'm in the USA. Is there are better way of doing this where I can have access to tools the rest of the world seemingly has at their fingertips?

In the mean time, I will be reading your thread.
wndsnb

Activity: 544
Merit: 589

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:40:40 AM

Also not plug and play, but this is what I use.

https://www.ekmmetering.com/products/120-240-volt-pass-through-kwh-meter

Have some dead Bitmain 17 series hashboards or full miners?
I'll buy them ... send me a PM with what you have and I'll make you an offer!
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:43:28 AM

In short no. Most other countries I believe run 220/240 at the residential level, as opposed to bringing it down to 110/120. With fewer plug differences so that's why you find the Kill-a-watt style devices so readily available. What I did to allow for growth and density, was go with 30 amp 240V circuits to a PDU then to my miners. If you want to spend a lot of extra coin you can buy some pretty fancy PDU's but they're not necessary. That's very similar to what my first couple miners ran off, so there's nothing wrong with the circuit as is, for most miners. You can always upgrade down the road.

Here's another that can be helpful when starting out. First time/Small miner reference for getting started.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 10:55:39 PM

In short no. Most other countries I believe run 220/240 at the residential level, as opposed to bringing it down to 110/120. With fewer plug differences so that's why you find the Kill-a-watt style devices so readily available. What I did to allow for growth and density, was go with 30 amp 240V circuits to a PDU then to my miners. If you want to spend a lot of extra coin you can buy some pretty fancy PDU's but they're not necessary. That's very similar to what my first couple miners ran off, so there's nothing wrong with the circuit as is, for most miners. You can always upgrade down the road.

Most of the world runs 230v @50hz, most importantly, China. And for the most part (except places like China or the UK) they use the Europlug or one of the variants. They all share the two poles, its just ground they just couldn't decide together how to do it, lol. Another chunk of the world uses what America used 50 years ago, or the same they use now, depending on country. Japan uses 100v. Lets not talk about Japan :3

You can probably find meters easily for European use, and then you would need to use adapters. The adapters themselves might be too weak if not chosen carefully, or you could make your own buying plugs and cables.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
noobieone (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 12:25:27 AM

Here's another that can be helpful when starting out. First time/Small miner reference for getting started.

Thank you. I have 240V 30A breakers. 10/2 WG wire to a solo 20 amp plug for each miner (This is the actual plug I use.)

I have thought about wiring my receptacles with foreign receptacles and purchasing new cables just to get the meters. I'm still not swayed to do that and will continue to clamp around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: