Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Interest check]Can i offer my services of UI/UX designing?[Holding Certificate]  (Read 167 times)
Rohan Kotkar (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 36

Let the bad times roll

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:23:41 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2019, 12:44:18 PM by Rohan Kotkar
Merited by LoyceV (2), hugeblack (1)

As the Subject states, i want to know if a UI/UX designer has any scope over here?
Maybe to design the prototypes of newly launched startups?

I am a certified UI/UX designer and would be willing to work for bitcoins here by creating "Wire-frames, Mock-ups & prototypes."
I am not experienced yet so i don't have any portfolio to upload, but for the start i would be working for few projects for free to build my portfolio.

I have acquired my knowledge from The App Brewery and also do hold their certification.

This thread would just be for "Interest Check" and i am not offering any of my services over here yet. (I would be designing a entirely new thread to offer my services later on if i get any response from the community)

If i am wrong or this isn't the correct section to post this than please do let me know.

Thanking you to go through the thread.

Aspiring entrepreneur.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3950

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 12:28:51 PM

Well you title "[Curious to know]Is this forum in need of a UI/UX designer?[CERTIFIED]" is misleading LOL

I thought you were asking if this forum interface needs a redesign after reading you title. :-P

I would be designing a entirely new thread to offer my services later on if i get any response from the community
If you are really good at this and if you have a good portfolio then why not do it.

Good luck.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Rohan Kotkar (OP)

Let the bad times roll

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:40:19 PM

Well you title "[Curious to know]Is this forum in need of a UI/UX designer?[CERTIFIED]" is misleading LOL

I thought you were asking if this forum interface needs a redesign after reading you title. :-P

Oops Tongue
Changing the Subject now. Thanks for letting me know. I am not yet aware about what exactly this forum is but i'm sure i'd learn more about it ASAP.

If you are really good at this and if you have a good portfolio then why not do it.
As of now, i can't say i am good at this but "Practice makes man perfect" so why not give it a try?
Also as i mentioned above, yet i do not have a portfolio as i recently completed my courses but i surely would build one soon. (Maybe working for few trusted peoples for free of cost would help me build my portfolio?)

Good luck.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your response.

Aspiring entrepreneur.
Rohan Kotkar (OP)

Let the bad times roll

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:48:05 PM

Summoning LoyceV.

I'll delete this in 24h.
Extremely sorry if i am violating any of your regulations.
I can delete this thread now if i get to know what wrong am i doing here? Huh

Isn't "services" section meant to "Offer/Discuss" services?
If not, than can you redirect me to appropriate section please?

Aspiring entrepreneur.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 12:57:41 PM

Since you are not offering any service yet but discussion about it before offering it then I think Service Discussion will be the best place for you :-)
You can move it there.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Rohan Kotkar (OP)

Let the bad times roll

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 01:11:39 PM

Since you are not offering any service yet but discussion about it before offering it then I think Service Discussion will be the best place for you :-)
You can move it there.
Moved to "Service Discussion"
Thanks for being gentle.

Awaiting for few more responses before i can launch a thread offering my services.

Aspiring entrepreneur.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16831

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 01:46:01 PM

Quite the contrary: I just posted (from Mobile) to notify my main account to Merit your post. I often do that when I see a topic worth reading, but on the Services board I couldn't quickly delete my post. You've moved the topic, so I could remove my post.

It's more appropriate on the current board (Service Discussion). When you actually start your offer, Services is the right board, as long as it's Bitcoin related. You're offering a service to be paid in Bitcoin, so you're good to go.

for the start i would be working for few projects for free to build my portfolio.
Be careful with working for free though: vouches from Newbies don't hold much weight here. As a suggestion: You could consider building something that benefits the community to add to your portfolio.

AB de Royse777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 04:22:37 PM

~snip~
Thanks for being gentle.
Well you are more than welcome. I hope you showcase good work and find some business in here. Good to see the LoyceV is appreciating your post and I am sure a lot more will do the same. Use this positive energy.

See you around.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 11:47:10 PM

You'll be fine, and possibly at a slight advantage to offer your services to the forum, especially if you have a degree in UI/UX designing - which some other designers actually don't have at all.

You are learning where stuff fits in, this thread is discussing the use and how a service would work, so therefore it's under "Service Discussion", if you where going to post your actual service, it'll be under services, and if you were open to altcoin payments you could post it in the altcoin marketplace, under services as well.

Rohan Kotkar (OP)

Let the bad times roll

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 09:39:52 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Quite the contrary: I just posted (from Mobile) to notify my main account to Merit your post. I often do that when I see a topic worth reading, but on the Services board I couldn't quickly delete my post. You've moved the topic, so I could remove my post.

I'm sorry, i misapprehended. Getting merits from you is really quite motivating for me and i would make it worth. Words from you really made me think beyond.

It's more appropriate on the current board (Service Discussion). When you actually start your offer, Services is the right board, as long as it's Bitcoin related. You're offering a service to be paid in Bitcoin, so you're good to go.
I went through a lot of threads explaining the rules and regulations as well as defining various boards so i would solicit them appropriately now onwards.

Be careful with working for free though: vouches from Newbies don't hold much weight here. As a suggestion: You could consider building something that benefits the community to add to your portfolio.
I would only work for peoples who are trusted or have a genuine project running for long time. Also i am currently considering building something beneficial for this forum. (Like designing a working prototype for this forum which can be revised into a working forum app consisting all major utilities and zero bugs.)

~snip~
Thanks for being gentle.
Well you are more than welcome. I hope you showcase good work and find some business in here. Good to see the LoyceV is appreciating your post and I am sure a lot more will do the same. Use this positive energy.

I would give my best to meet each possible requirements. This forum is really quite motivating and peoples like you and LoyceV would really stimulate a lot of newly joined peoples to build or work for the betterment of this forum. (I personally would contribute the best from my end.)

You'll be fine, and possibly at a slight advantage to offer your services to the forum, especially if you have a degree in UI/UX designing - which some other designers actually don't have at all.

UI/UX designing is actually something beyond imagination. Building and designing prototypes which would be user friendly, easy to use and consisting minimal bugs would make any of the individual an UI/UX expert. Withholding a certificate/degree would make it more felicitous.

Aspiring entrepreneur.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 11:23:22 AM

I went through a lot of threads explaining the rules and regulations as well as defining various boards so i would solicit them appropriately now onwards.
Great job mate, it really does look like you are going above and beyond to respect the rules of the forum, which we don't see a lot of from newbies nowadays.

I would only work for peoples who are trusted or have a genuine project running for long time. Also i am currently considering building something beneficial for this forum. (Like designing a working prototype for this forum which can be revised into a working forum app consisting all major utilities and zero bugs.)
There are a couple of projects that might fit well with you, Vod does something that tally's up BTT user statistics and dumps them into a website, I remember the name off the top of my name, sorry. That might work pretty well, your chances are pretty low, but a fresh touch of paint is always nice.

Good job with your services mate, hope you find success!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: