Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:51:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone mafe their own probes to test S9 Hasboards? How to test??  (Read 150 times)
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 06:35:02 PM
Merited by frodocooper (3)

Hi All

I am looking to make a set of meter probes to test the resistance values on S9 board chips.

I can see five test points -

CLK
C0
R1
B0
RST.

It is impossible to get a standard set of probes in between the heatsinks onto these points without shorting tho them.

Has anyone made a set, soldered a pair pf long sewing needles (don't laugh) ontp the ends of the probe ends?

Also what values should i be looking for resistance wise (non powered board), what should i be testing against??

Anyone got any ideas or thoughts on this?

Thanks
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 10:27:46 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2019, 02:06:02 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (2), BitMaxz (1)

Has anyone made a set, soldered a pair pf long sewing needles (don't laugh) ontp the ends of the probe ends?

There is nothing to laugh about it here , in fact the way you proposed is the only way to go about it, solder those needles there you have it !

Also what values should i be looking for resistance wise (non powered board), what should i be testing against??

there you go

source and more information > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiaHwRkrC4&t=192s

also if you want to test the voltage, just power the board using a normal S9 controller , someone mentioned it does pretty much what the tool in the video does, also reading the kernel log, and checking how many chips are shown,should give you a clear signal of which chip/chips to test.

below is a diagram that shows signal flow between the chips

Code:
Green : CLK 
Orange: TX
Yellow : RX

Good luck.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████