Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:02:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dorian hires lawyers for BTC denial  (Read 2591 times)
DeeSome (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:44:19 AM

"Dorian S. Nakamoto hires lawyer to 'clear his name' of bitcoin claim"

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-dorian-s-nakamoto-hires-lawyer-to-clear-his-name-of-bitcoin-claim-20140316,0,41210.story

Looks like those bitcoin donations from the community are going into a lawyers pocket unless he manages to get compensation from Newsweek.
In the article he states

"My prospects for gainful employment has been harmed because of Newsweek's article."

I would have thought just the opposite, he's more chance of getting work because of the publicity, anyway good luck to the old guy, I like him.
swetlife

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:02:54 AM

Yeah, best wishes to him. Whether he is or isn't I really like him too. Even without the bitcoin angle, he is an intriguing person.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:03:24 AM

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-dorian-s-nakamoto-hires-lawyer-to-clear-his-name-of-bitcoin-claim-20140316,0,41210.story

Looks like those bitcoin donations from the community are going into a lawyers pocket unless he manages to get compensation from Newsweek.
In the article he states

"My prospects for gainful employment has been harmed because of Newsweek's article."

I would have thought just the opposite, he's more chance of getting work because of the publicity, anyway good luck to the old guy, I like him.

1. the donations were not really meant to just buy him another bowl of sushi, they were meant to be used to help protect him physically and reputably, so i do not mind him paying a solicitor to sue the media.. as that will help protect him from harassment in the future.

2. gainful employment, he is at the age to retire on a nice corporate bank pension along with a government pension, employment is not a big worry, but i agree this whole saga does limit his options and freedom to want to gain employment.

3. i too feel sorry for dorian, so i dedicate this song to him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 11:15:50 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 11:52:48 AM by Lethn

I hope he wins, those journalists are scumbags, especially the people at newsweek that posted up details of where he lived.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:20:58 AM

Fair play to him. Its what I had in mind when I made my donation, would have been annoyed if it was used for free lunch  Grin
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:10:47 PM

Fair play to him. Its what I had in mind when I made my donation, would have been annoyed if it was used for free lunch  Grin

Actually I would prefer if it went to his nutrition rather than wasted money in courts.

That being said:
I feel very proud for all the members that have donated.

That goes to show that we might be oceans apart but only a click away and we stick together.

I feel very proud for this.  Grin
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:29:26 PM

This story is getting seriously epic...
Go Dorian, show to these asshats the immense power of plausible deniability!
Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:29:17 PM

Yeah, best wishes to him. Whether he is or isn't I really like him too. Even without the bitcoin angle, he is an intriguing person.

I agree. Did you see the video of him switch to speaking from English to Japanese then to German (I think) when being chased by reporters?
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:37:13 PM

I think we can say with absolute certainty that he is not bitcoin's Satoshi.

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:19:03 PM

Poor chap

Getting fingered for absolutely no reason, tough luck

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:07:51 PM

I would have also thought he would have much Greater chances of employment if he IS our Satoshi Nakamoto. Doubt he is looking for employment right now. But after reading his life story I agree that he is a very interesting person either way, and I wish him the best of luck with all the media/paparazzi bastards.

Boris-The-Blade

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:32:18 PM

In the article he states

Either way i wouldnt like to be him.
Predatorian

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:04:33 PM

I hope he gonna make it, and clear he's name.

Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:09:03 PM

Question is he really trying to dispell the rumors about him being linked to bitcoin or his he more likely to be getting ready to sue for the damages caused by the article?  Either way I see some fireworks ready to explode.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:20:12 PM

Is the word around town that he used the donations to hire the attorney?

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:56:35 PM

-B-

That's what I'm wondering. I haven't been able to find anything substantially credible that says that.

Although, it is a fairly reasonable assumption considering his purported financial status and living arrangement.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 12:05:35 AM

Poor chap

Getting fingered for absolutely no reason, tough luck

Well indeed...

But law not always is fair for people...

BTC

peace 2 Dorian!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3269

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:08:27 AM

-B-

According to Andreas Antonopoulus,

At the end of March, donations will be converted to USD and delivered to Dorian Nakamoto.

The donation address is 1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX. You can check
https://blockchain.info/address/1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX to see if anything has happened to the donations.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:13:41 AM

I am going to take your ripping off of my thread idea as a compliment.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:43:23 AM

If I was Dorian I would sue does scumbags for millions. Those reporters accusing him and even posted his address and pictures endangers the life of Dorian and his family.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████