Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:43:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Cryptocurrency is better than fiat currency?  (Read 1453 times)
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 02:51:53 PM

Fiat currency will inflation with lower price year by year, bitcoin or cryptocurrency never inflation because always have higher price every year and companies adopt bitcoin as payment transaction will get much money, now if you use fiat as your payment transaction maybe you have use all it soon, but if by bitcoin you can hold and get much profit when bitcoin up.
Orange Mango

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 05:54:01 PM

I think in this modern age the question of “which currency should I own?” is something a lot of people that I know ask themselves when it comes to purchasing currency. There are a lot of choices to choose from such as US Dollars, Chinese RMB, Japanese Yen and many more, those are mainly fiat currencies.  However, all those currencies stated are all controlled by banks that regulate their value and are heavily affected by financial crashes such as the one in 2008. As a result sometime after the financial crash of 2008, Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum were created in order to have a currency that isn’t regulated by the banks and relies on how much trust we put into its value. Here are some reasons why Cryptocurrencies are better than fiat currency.

1. Cryptocurrencies are now becoming more accepted as a means of trade worldwide.
   A few years after the introduction of Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, people around the world are starting to see Cryptocurrencies as a trustworthy means of transaction which means that you can go to most countries which basic Internet infrastructure and do business transactions using your Crypto Wallet whether a digital one or a physical one which means that you don’t need to call your bank in order to make your account accessible to when you go to other countries as Crypto Wallets are accepted anywhere where Cryptocurrency transactions are being made.

2. Cryptocurrencies have top-notch security and cannot be easily fooled
Cryptocurrencies use blockchain technology in order to make sure that there are no inconsistencies when it comes to transactions. If there are any inconsistencies with the transaction, the blockchain will reject the transaction and your money will still be in your Crypto Wallet.

3. Cryptocurrency transactions are secure transactions
As stated earlier, Cryptocurrencies have top-notch security using blockchain technology. They also keep all transactions on record anonymous as the only person who knows their Crypto Wallet Address is yourself and wherever you post your address link to.  You can keep generating new addresses if your previous Address is compromised. 

I don't think crypto will ever replace cash any time soon
because not everyone has stepped into the digital age we live within yet. It would serve my grandmother little to no purpose, as she is not very tech savvy. Hard cash that you can touch and see will be really hard to replace. I doubt brick and mortar physical Bill's go anywhere for a long time, but eventually once everybody is ready to make the transition, than sure! Grin

For me it already has almost. I buy most things with crypto. Food and bills with fiat and going out. But leisure stuff and hobbies and things like that are all bought using crypto. (mostly bitcoin) Online services I pay using mostly Eth and sometimes litecoin.

Fiat currency will inflation with lower price year by year, bitcoin or cryptocurrency never inflation because always have higher price every year and companies adopt bitcoin as payment transaction will get much money, now if you use fiat as your payment transaction maybe you have use all it soon, but if by bitcoin you can hold and get much profit when bitcoin up.

People always go on about how crypto is volatile but fiat loses its value quickly too. I remember 10 years ago when things were cheaper. Some of the stuff was half the price or close to it. especially fast food and things like that. I see 80% increase at least.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 06:48:59 PM

Maybe because now are got many interested on cryptocurrency that is why its better than fiat currency. Bitcoin have huge amount that goes up the price every minute. While the fiat price is taking for a long time before the exchange will go up. So cryptocurrency is much more better than to fiat.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 11:33:18 PM

I think bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is better than fiat currency because it is more valuable and more precious, that is why bitcoin is getting more popular everyday that more people are investing and buying in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Fiat currency also takes a long time before it starts to increase it's price, unlike bitcoin it always changes it's price that makes our money increase when bitcoin started to increase it's price.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 01:57:06 AM

I think in this modern age the question of “which currency should I own?” is something a lot of people that I know ask themselves when it comes to purchasing currency. There are a lot of choices to choose from such as US Dollars, Chinese RMB, Japanese Yen and many more, those are mainly fiat currencies.  However, all those currencies stated are all controlled by banks that regulate their value and are heavily affected by financial crashes such as the one in 2008. As a result sometime after the financial crash of 2008, Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum were created in order to have a currency that isn’t regulated by the banks and relies on how much trust we put into its value. Here are some reasons why Cryptocurrencies are better than fiat currency.

1. Cryptocurrencies are now becoming more accepted as a means of trade worldwide.
   A few years after the introduction of Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, people around the world are starting to see Cryptocurrencies as a trustworthy means of transaction which means that you can go to most countries which basic Internet infrastructure and do business transactions using your Crypto Wallet whether a digital one or a physical one which means that you don’t need to call your bank in order to make your account accessible to when you go to other countries as Crypto Wallets are accepted anywhere where Cryptocurrency transactions are being made.

Cryptocurrencies use blockchain technology in order to make sure that there are no inconsistencies when it comes to transactions. If there are any inconsistencies with the transaction, the blockchain will reject the transaction and your money will still be in your Crypto Wallet.

As stated earlier, Cryptocurrencies have top-notch security using blockchain technology. They also keep all transactions on record anonymous as the only person who knows their Crypto Wallet Address is yourself and wherever you post your address link to.  You can keep generating new addresses if your previous Address is compromised. 

yeah, because of the decentralization. crypto is much in demand by the world community. Another advantage is that someone can send money through bitcoin without the maximum limit. we can send whatever we want. while banks have limits and there will be many conditions when we send large amounts of money. another is that bitcoin has a very small fee to send even though it differs from country.
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 03:24:00 AM

yes I agree with you cryptocurrency is better than paper money. paper money always causes inflation and its circulation is always controlled by the government. I am optimistic that in the future bitcoin and cryptocurrency will replace fiat money. because now most people already use electronic money for payments. so in 5 or 10 years they will switch to using cryptocurrency.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 04:17:11 AM

Cryptocurrencies are more accepted nowadays. That is observable both in the media and in the actual world. Cryptocurrency transactions are also secure transactions. Cryptocurrency transactions are probably the most secured way of doing business. Everything's transparent as well as anonymous to a certain extent. I only have reservation about cryptocurrency having the top-notch security. It may not be fooled but it is always under attack online. And a single loophole in the system is enough for all the funds in the compromised wallet to be stolen in an instant. 
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 04:46:56 AM

~snip~

Cryptocurrencies are more accepted nowadays. That is observable both in the media and in the actual world. Cryptocurrency transactions are also secure transactions. Cryptocurrency transactions are probably the most secured way of doing business. Everything's transparent as well as anonymous to a certain extent. I only have reservation about cryptocurrency having the top-notch security. It may not be fooled but it is always under attack online. And a single loophole in the system is enough for all the funds in the compromised wallet to be stolen in an instant. 
That is very well said and that is right. Well in terms of value bitcoin currency is really better than fiat currency. Also, bitcoin is a good investment. You can be able to earn a big profit if you invest in it rather than saving your fiat money in the bank where you can only earn a small amount of money. Fiat is a very low volatile and almost stable currency. Even if you are going to trade in forex exchange you don't know also how to read the market.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
bitzizzix

Activity: 2394
Merit: 448

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 05:02:13 AM

Yes, I agree with you and most importantly for me there is freedom without involving third parties and with the help of cryptocurrency it is possible to pay anyone throughout the world through cross-border transactions at no charge.
and the guaranteed level of security is safe and there are still many other reasons that make cryptocurrency better than fiat currencies

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 06:36:08 AM

~snip~

That is very well said and that is right. Well in terms of value bitcoin currency is really better than fiat currency. Also, bitcoin is a good investment. You can be able to earn a big profit if you invest in it rather than saving your fiat money in the bank where you can only earn a small amount of money. Fiat is a very low volatile and almost stable currency. Even if you are going to trade in forex exchange you don't know also how to read the market.
Crypto can also give us anonymity and security of our investment. It is good for long term and even in short term investment. In fiat the value of your money will be the same tomorrow, in cryptocurrency its value may be higher or lower depends on the flow of the market. Cryptocurrency can grow even if you dont hold it in a bank, you can also do trading anytime if you want to increase the number of crypto that you are holding.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 09:09:23 AM

Cryptocurrency is better than fiat currency! to pay online! Not dependent on any organization, just internet! But the value of Cryptocurrency is not stable! Need more development!

The value of cryptocurrency will never be stable, it's been already discussed here that cryptocurrency is a decentralized one meaning it's volatile and price changes should be expected every time, and it is not the cryptocurrency who needs development, it is the Government, please take some notes.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 09:32:11 AM

Bitcoin have huge amount that goes up the price every minute. While the fiat price is taking for a long time before the exchange will go up. So cryptocurrency is much more better than to fiat.

That doesn't really portray why Bitcoin is better than Fiat.

You're misleading other people. Last December 2017, the price was like $19K more or less; last 2018, the price was jumping between $11k ~ $7k; now the price is jumping at $7k ~ $9k. So clearly it's not increasing "every year". The fiat takes more time to increase in value (does it increase? I'm pretty sure, "exchange value" is the one that increases) because it's centralized, while cryptocurrency is decentralized.

Bitcoin is an asset, meaning assets are the future so bitcoin is a future that every year will definitely go up, see in the next 5 or 10 years, it will continue to grow. Whereas fiat is a currency that continues to decline every year due to increased supply, see in the next 5 or 10 years, one million is less valuable than it is today. So cryptocurrency is better than fiat currency, please describe it yourself

Can you prove to me how can an asset be the future? I'm sure Gold, Silver isn't.

Increased supply(?) Do you mean "inflation"?

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 09:33:22 AM

Cryptocurrency is better than fiat currency! to pay online! Not dependent on any organization, just internet! But the value of Cryptocurrency is not stable! Need more development!
For online payment? I think fiat still wins over online payment competition, cryptocurrency payment online is very limited compared to our fiat currency now

Do you even understand how cryptocurrency work? It is volatile which means cryptocurrencies will never have a stable value no more development needed.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 09:33:55 AM

You got a couple of things wrong in the post. Even though crypto-currencies have gotten a lot more established in the recent years, they are still nowhere as accepted as fiat payments.

Cryptocurrencies are not being attacked/unsecure, it's the service providers of those crypto-currencies, like exchanges, etc. No one has managed to hack or control a crypto-currency yet, but obviously exchanges have been hacked.

Smiley
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 01:42:56 PM

The best part is that it's decentralized. I have a control over my own money. No one is controlling the supply and hence, isn't manipulating it the way they want. I prefer staying in cryptos with decent volume. Crytpos have inbuilt deflation and thus, work as a store of value too. And most importantly it is backed by maths. With more awareness in coming time, the use cases will increase and hence, will lead to widespread adoption.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 162

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 01:55:30 PM

Remember that not all cryptocurrency that's has the security you said, but I can only vouch for Bitcoin and some other few to have the security you said. That be said; I see cryptocurrency far better than fiats in the following reasons: its anonymous transactions, it decentralization among other cryptocurrency, it supply which is limited to 21M coins and among all, it has no central authority like fiats. I love the cryptocurrency to fiats.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 05:39:46 PM

At this moment when the vast majority of businesses are considering crypto, it now very easy to make low transaction with little or no fee using cryptocurrency. It is very safe and nobody can even suspect you hold such an huge amount of asset unless you tell them. Bank charges, transaction fee associated with fiat is completely eleminated or reduced to minimum. Now I purchase almost everything i need using crypto without hazzle especially crypto make it possible to buy material globally without restriction.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 06:10:34 PM

I think the reason why cryptocurrencies are better than Fiat is :-

1. Non governmental rule ie.. we don't need to actually be victims of the negative side effects of the government and the system , we could actually own our own money .

2. Its more secure even if the Bitcoins is not backed up , it's backed up world wide by different people thus you know we can be sure that it will suddenly go bankrupt .

3. It can be used as an alternative to fight the oppressive government , an example we all have seen already... It gives people the actual power .

4. It's volatility may help you make a lot of money if done right

5. It is employing people worldwide and these jobs are way better than the normal ones .

Etc...
There are many more...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 06:26:31 PM

In my opinion, people use Cryptocurrencies because they're somewhat anonymous or pseudonymous, trustless, censorship resistant, much easier to store and exchange, no need for giant vaults, easy to move from one side of the world to another and easy for rich people to hide their assets, but not because it's decentralized.

Decentralization in itself isn't really a feature most people want, it's just a necessity for other desirable qualities such as the ones mentioned above. If a government issued Cryptocurrency had such features while still giving the government the control they want and need to function, it will be used too. In fact, there are already companies moving in that direction: USD Tether, TrueUSD and many others. To get them initially you need to fill out a KYC form and from there a government investigator could just go along the chain of transactions until they know who you are.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 07:06:45 PM

Remember that not all cryptocurrency that's has the security you said, but I can only vouch for Bitcoin and some other few to have the security you said. That be said; I see cryptocurrency far better than fiats in the following reasons: its anonymous transactions, it decentralization among other cryptocurrency, it supply which is limited to 21M coins and among all, it has no central authority like fiats. I love the cryptocurrency to fiats.
Above in all of that, cryptocurrency doesn't work without a fiat. I like cryptocurrency especially Bitcoin since it has a lot of use when in times you need it. It's more than just a digital money with an anonymity, you can also invest in it but the fast moving volatility is your number one problem if you wish to use it in trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: