Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:24:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gulden bringing CPU mining back with SIGMA  (Read 1767 times)
Tsegicalicol (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 07:24:39 AM

There's a lot of people who are hyped into mining are now suffered big time lost on their investment  on GPU, CPU, HDD and ASIC mining, I bought Dozen of GPU but a month later, GPU mining collapse. For me much better to do trading and Masternode mining.

Witnessing is like masternodes. Different tech but u still earn with funds
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 12:44:20 PM

There's a lot of people who are hyped into mining are now suffered big time lost on their investment  on GPU, CPU, HDD and ASIC mining, I bought Dozen of GPU but a month later, GPU mining collapse. For me much better to do trading and Masternode mining.

Yup exactly, Masternode is the most safe and so far profitable type of technology in mining.
BraveNewWorldz

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 03:41:15 PM

There's a lot of people who are hyped into mining are now suffered big time lost on their investment  on GPU, CPU, HDD and ASIC mining, I bought Dozen of GPU but a month later, GPU mining collapse. For me much better to do trading and Masternode mining.

Yup exactly, Masternode is the most safe and so far profitable type of technology in mining.

You masternoding with Dash or Syscoin?

The read the whitepaper for this coin and it looks like this witnessing is safer then masternodes with equal marketcaps in terms of attacks , but Masternodes provides more privacy.
BraveNewWorldz

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 04:32:29 PM

Here are some figures for Gulden CPU mining:
Now mining 269 individual miners.
Minimal 182 miners found a block the last 24h
There are 581 Blocks mined the last 24H. So you can see the wealth is widely spread and not clustered to a dozen of miners.
see https://www.dactual.com/minedby.php

a manual for mining: https://medium.com/coinmonks/mining-gulden-d4fe8c690939

But even more interesting than mining is witnessing with Gulden

a manual for witnessing: https://medium.com/@aat.de.kwaasteniet/gulden-witnessing-163cb0eae289

witnessing u have to lock up your coins for 3 years to get the max of six percent yuck

its only good for the olds school gulden whales and probably devs

At the price of this coin anyone can become a whale,  not easy for any coin in the top 20.

Going to look at the reward cycle for halvings or % reduction along with max coins and if it looks good i will gulp a % or 2 down myself.
flappie

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 06:30:22 PM

Gulden witness is a completely decentralized solution while masternodes is a highly centralized technic, that's the big difference.

BraveNewWorldz

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 01:01:39 PM

Gulden witness is a completely decentralized solution while masternodes is a highly centralized technic, that's the big difference.

Strange this tech has not been promoted on media sites to garner more attention?
flappie

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 01:32:22 PM

There's a lot of people who are hyped into mining are now suffered big time lost on their investment  on GPU, CPU, HDD and ASIC mining, I bought Dozen of GPU but a month later, GPU mining collapse. For me much better to do trading and Masternode mining.

Strange this tech has not been promoted on media sites to garner more attention?

Maybe not the media sites that you are visiting Smiley
FB, reddit channels, Medium articles are written, linkedIn, slack channels, twitter, several telegramgroups and a little bit of Bitcointalk is used. But no paid advertorials if that is what you mean, There is no money for.

BraveNewWorldz

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 03:29:12 PM

FB, reddit channels, Medium articles are written, linkedIn, slack channels, twitter, several telegramgroups and a little bit of Bitcointalk is used. But no paid advertorials if that is what you mean, There is no money for.

Explains why the coin is at this dirt cheap price. Diamond in the rough but makes it very risky as windows of opportunity don't last forever to make a name for yourself in this industry.
flappie

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 08:04:52 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2019, 09:57:02 PM by flappie

CPU mining Gulden. Look at the distribution chart. 260 individual solo miners per day. Mining as Satoshi intended.

BraveNewWorldz

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 08:07:52 AM

Thanks for your answers flappie, one more question. I have read the whitepaper but no mention of SegWit, has Gulden already implemented this, if you know?
flappie

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 09:04:48 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2019, 09:31:39 AM by flappie

Thanks for your answers flappie, one more question. I have read the whitepaper but no mention of SegWit, has Gulden already implemented this, if you know?

Segwit is called Segsig at Gulden because it is an improved version of Segwit but with the same functionality (it squeeze the transaction by 58%). It is already in the code for a year but it isn't activated yet. Only when phase4 kicks in it will be activated. probably dec. 2019 - jan. 2020
flappie

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 11:45:37 AM

https://www.dactual.com/nodemaps.php 
Because of CPU solomining and witness Gulden has more nodes than TRON, Dogecoin, NEM, Bitcoin SV, XRP, Digibyte and so on
Here the list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tTq6tJRXywBWZ1r41DkcIEKqDLhCVKvGYv3q1uBcj08/edit?usp=sharing

BraveNewWorldz

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 12:20:37 PM

Because of CPU solomining and witness Gulden has more nodes than TRON, Dogecoin, NEM, Bitcoin SV, XRP, Digibyte and so on
Here the list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tTq6tJRXywBWZ1r41DkcIEKqDLhCVKvGYv3q1uBcj08/edit?usp=sharing

This coin can really use better exchanges, this is holding the price down. Community and devs should get some funding together for listings. Otherwise it looks like Gulden is a solid choice for investment, can't fault this project in other ways.
flappie

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:12:10 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2019, 09:41:39 PM by flappie

This coin can really use better exchanges, this is holding the price down. Community and devs should get some funding together for listings. Otherwise it looks like Gulden is a solid choice for investment, can't fault this project in other ways.

I don't necessarily agree with you. Gulden has invested in the best possible link between Gulden and the Euro via Nocks.com. That's why you can easily buy Gulden in the wallet with Euro and also sell Gulden for Euro. You can transfer money from the Gulden wallet to any IBAN bank account. This is the link that matters if you want to become a generally accepted payment system as Gulden wants to be.
Presence on multiple (crypto)exchanges, like we are now on Bittrex, will indeed have an attracting effect on people who trade between cryptocurrencies. So this is for whom the price is the only thing that matters. But that's not the target group. We want to reach the ordinary man who is going to make his daily purchases with Gulden. In fact, to be listed on Binance, for example, costs about 100,000 euros. That kind of listings(fees) isn't where we are waiting for.

Gulden is different in all area's  Cheesy
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 04:08:14 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2019, 04:54:39 AM by xxcsu

just for fun a tried this wallet/miner on two of my "better" cpu  for 6 hours , but for some reason i did not received any rewards Smiley there is no place to see your mining process/hashrate nowhere on the internet, only i was able to see on my wallet , but the hard works rewards never arrived Smiley

i7-5960X average hashrate was: 5.6MH/s ,used 8 threads and 4096MB mem under mining settings
i9-7980XE average hashrate was 13,2MH/s , used 28 Thread and 4096 mem under mining settings

So what i was doing wrong ?Smiley CPU usage was on 95-100% all the time in both case . But no rewards at all ?

Did i just mined for any of the dev for free ? used my electricity as a donation ? Smiley
How long is take to see any rewards ? If we can get at all Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Tsegicalicol (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 06:28:37 AM

just for fun a tried this wallet/miner on two of my "better" cpu  for 6 hours , but for some reason i did not received any rewards Smiley there is no place to see your mining process/hashrate nowhere on the internet, only i was able to see on my wallet , but the hard works rewards never arrived Smiley

i7-5960X average hashrate was: 5.6MH/s ,used 8 threads and 4096MB mem under mining settings
i9-7980XE average hashrate was 13,2MH/s , used 28 Thread and 4096 mem under mining settings

So what i was doing wrong ?Smiley CPU usage was on 95-100% all the time in both case . But no rewards at all ?

Did i just mined for any of the dev for free ? used my electricity as a donation ? Smiley
How long is take to see any rewards ? If we can get at all Smiley

Their is only +- 580 blocks a day and you up against a lot of other miners. You would need your systems going for at least 24 hrs.

Total hash rate you can find over here.

https://www.dactual.com/network.php  

It's showing 1203.08 Mh/s atm / by your total hash 13.2 + 5.6 = A block every 64 blocks on average.

I would run it for 48 hrs and see what you get.

BraveNewWorldz

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 07:46:09 AM

I don't necessarily agree with you. Gulden has invested in the best possible link between Gulden and the Euro via Nocks.com. That's why you can easily buy Gulden in the wallet with Euro and also sell Gulden for Euro. You can transfer money from the Gulden wallet to any IBAN bank account. This is the link that matters if you want to become a generally accepted payment system as Gulden wants to be.
Presence on multiple (crypto)exchanges, like we are now on Bittrex, will indeed have an attracting effect on people who trade between cryptocurrencies. So this is for whom the price is the only thing that matters. But that's not the target group. We want to reach the ordinary man who is going to make his daily purchases with Gulden. In fact, to be listed on Binance, for example, costs about 100,000 euros. That kind of listings(fees) isn't where we are waiting for.

Gulden is different in all area's  Cheesy

Fair play to the community of this coin, majority of the coins/assets is based on greed and people will do anything to make themselves look the best "fake it until you make it". That being said Binance is pushing the boundaries when it comes to the crypto financial services it offers. The 100,000 Euros will be offset by the marketcap of the coin which will go up 3 to 4 times the current value and this would bring more awareness to this project. A high price beats any marketing to attract new people.

I will buy some coins because the upside potential is the best I have seen if the normal avenues of creating awareness is eventually sort after by the community.

ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 01:00:31 PM

Nice profits, not;

https://www.dactual.com/miningcalculator.php

2000khs (2mh/s) is what a regular laptop with i7 will do, mining at loss?

flappie

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 02:03:36 PM

Nice profits, not;

https://www.dactual.com/miningcalculator.php

2000khs (2mh/s) is what a regular laptop with i7 will do, mining at loss?

2Mh/s gives about 1 block per day. That's €0,35. if your laptop consumes about 50 watt (in mining condition i mean), it uses 1,2kWh per day and cost you about €0,30 (In the Netherlands). So it's no mining at loss but with a small profit of €0,05/day  Wink The mining calculator is a little bit conservative.
UfourAI

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 03:15:39 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2019, 04:32:39 PM by UfourAI

I am mining with 11.4 mh/s in total according to the wallet stats, mined 2 blocks the first 24hrs. I will see how the next 24hrs go.

Also quite surprised this coin does not have any institutional investors or business partners with the innovation in place?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: