Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:31:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy could have prevented the Colossuscoin sell-off......  (Read 1070 times)
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:30:48 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 08:04:48 AM by Crestington

A few days ago Cryptsy posted a message on the Colossuscoin markets stating that "This market is under consideration for deactivation due to volume". Cryptsy holds approximately 40% or more of all Colossuscoin on their exchange so as a direct result of their notice, price has dropped more than 50%

I am active on the forums daily and have Bit John on Skype as well as several other members of the Development Team. Cryptsy had the means and opportunity to inform us prior to the message they put up but failed to do so. I even sent Bit John a message 2 days before the notice was put up to tell him that we have a team that can fix the wallet issues and will take under a week once funding is complete. Had we been informed of the notice we could have simply released all of our progress thus far and begun our fundraising campaign, this is the third time in 3 months that investors have suffered due to the direct actions of Cryptsy and the most severe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 09:36:20 AM

Another bad exchange

iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:50:24 AM

Anyone who says hehe after all of his sentences is out of touch with conversations nowadays anyway.

Though I don't mind cryptsy itself.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:50:59 AM

tbh it's not on coinwarz so this is the first collossuscoin thread i've clicked on.  even catcoin's on coinwarz. what is a collosuscoin?

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:49:38 AM

Why deactivate when they have 40% of all the coins

please unban me.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:46:49 AM

Why deactivate when they have 40% of all the coins

Low trade volume I expect. This coin has had problems for a long time now, and despite the repeated insistence that these problems are going to be fixed, they haven't been.

I hold a few million, but the only reason I haven't sold them is because they're worthless anyway. I've given up on Col. Maybe the problems will get fixed, but if it's getting taken down off Cryptsy, it's looking grim.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:54:41 AM

i hold 99 COL and I can't sell because the minimum is 500 lol. I hope COL dies a horrible death.

IFC was the original, ADT copied IFC and then COL came to copy ADT. So now IFC is trading at a nice price, ADT is in the gutter and COL is getting delisted. Everything is working out as it should.
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:36:50 PM

A few days ago Cryptsy posted a message on the Colossuscoin markets stating that "This market is under consideration for deactivation due to volume". Cryptsy holds approximately 40% or more of all Colossuscoin on their exchange so as a direct result of their notice, price has dropped more than 50%
[...]
I am active on the forums daily and have Bit John on Skype as well as several other members of the Development Team. Cryptsy had the means and opportunity to inform us prior to the message they put up but failed to do so.

So, to play devil's advocate, they should have given you private notice of information sure to cause a significant change in the value of the coin?
Which would allow you to unload coins at the higher price.
That would be insider dealing in any regulated environment.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
dengnizaidongji

Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:50:58 PM

the development of coin is not depend on the exchange marketing of cryptsy. if col is taken off  from cryptsy,and it can not resist the development of col.  because there will be another big market such as  cryptsy born.

the innovation and development  of col can not be resisted! the new website will come,the new wallet will come!
it will be changed day by day!

anonuser777

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:59:11 PM

[...]
I am active on the forums daily and have Bit John on Skype as well as several other members of the Development Team. Cryptsy had the means and opportunity to inform us prior to the message they put up but failed to do so.

So, to play devil's advocate, they should have given you private notice of information sure to cause a significant change in the value of the coin?
Which would allow you to unload coins at the higher price.
That would be insider dealing in any regulated environment.

+1
dengnizaidongji

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:17:01 PM

Colossuscoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Colossuscoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

25a7oTVPPcxYk9PhCVkocs6suw6wf5S7JN

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 01:46:32 PM

With so little demand, what did you expect ?

They're just trying to dump the billions in PoS generated COL before it drops back down to 0.00000001.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: