Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Teams showing real faces to public can still scam you  (Read 1061 times)
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:08:26 PM

Its still possible for that team to scam the investors as I saw a lot of people photo shopping their identity in order to hide themselves or using stock images. Being public don't bring any guarantee that the project is legit this is why you must never engage with projects that don't make KYC too so just IcoBench if they complete KYC , if not , stay away.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:09:02 PM

The moment crypto scammers start getting arrested for scamming people crypto space will breath easily, just think about this if new investors come into crypto space or on this forum and read about these posts of ours i am sure he or she will flee, scammers are getting bold to do their bad habit without fear of getting caught, its really bad

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:14:15 PM

I am here to confuse people who still think that any new projects that entered crypto space with teams that are able to show their faces on videos and even attend good crypto seminars anywhere around the world have nothing to hide, and they think its real project and far from scam, well the biggest scams in crypto space are able to cater away with that huge money because many believes they are real, The ceo and teams coming out in publics to discuss about the projects doesn't erase the fact that they can scam you.
Bitconnect did the same thing and miracle tele joined too

You have not come to confuse anyone, rather you have come to call the attention of people to the fact. There are projects that pay some less privileged people and give them script to read in order to disguise as if they are the team of the project. Some of them accept this offer because they are in need of money, so they do it immediately they are offered the opportunity.
Well, I am not surprised, because it keeps happening and that is not what we should depend on as the only focus for our research.
Also, no research can give 100% guarantee. Which is why you are to invest only what you can afford to lose.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:23:23 PM

I am here to confuse people who still think that any new projects that entered crypto space with teams that are able to show their faces on videos and even attend good crypto seminars anywhere around the world have nothing to hide, and they think its real project and far from scam, well the biggest scams in crypto space are able to cater away with that huge money because many believes they are real, The ceo and teams coming out in publics to discuss about the projects doesn't erase the fact that they can scam you.
You are absolutely correct, that was happen to me when i invest in one of the ICO that turns into an exit scam, Team are showing their real faces in public thats why we think that its a legit one but suddenly we are all wrong, I think someone or a group of people has already file a class suit in 2018 .but i dont know what was the development in those case. since theres no information about it.
bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:23:38 PM

You can imagine how bold they are but they did it. One project that I can name is the Bubbletone, whom the CEO had been speaking on youtube interviews along with his team members but after the ICO they just shut their mouths up but only respond on telegram channel. Never was this project listed to any exchange besides HitBTC and was also delisted. Nothing had been heard of them again.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:29:46 PM

I honestly agree with you. Even with the team showing their real faces, there's no guarantee that they're going to be considered legit. This is why we should invest or participate at our own risk. There are several factors aside from showing their real faces such as reverse image search fake or stolen images, plagiarized whitepaper, etc.

There's a scam product called Payasian promoted by some of my "uneducated" contacts on Facebook. In their official Youtube video, they do have a company presentation event where one of the development team members are present under the name "Kellya Kenya" where I doubt it's her real name. I honestly think that's not her real name on the passport while her descent is Chinese.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:35:39 PM

It is true, even if team members are real, they can easily run away with money. Thats why by choosing in which project to invest/promote, I am always looking at the product and the roadmap, if those conditions are legit, there is no problem.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:41:09 PM

Recently I was asked to send my photo and a link to my linkedin account for a some reward. They said they would post this data on their project’s website. It would not be surprising if I were there as a member of their team Grin.

OP is right, this is possible with ease: real people, with real data and dark affairs.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:41:28 PM

But when someone commit scam after they were known to public then they will be in jail for sure mostly so people who have the intention of scamming will try to hide their real identity as much as possible.On the other way showing faces cannot be the legit project as well because they can find loopholes and run away with your money from the laws but chances of happening is still low.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:47:30 PM

Some scammers like playing safe, i remember the time i entered this space i always thought that scam projects are the ones that have anonymous teams but later i even seen projects from 2012-2013 that have anonymous teams and are still doing well following their roadmaps as well but i never thought that scammers have the nerve to start showing their faces to scam investors too, what is going on with crypto?
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:52:09 PM

there are many other crypto project do the same thing, they make weekly ama update for investors to make it look like legitimate , of course more trust from people means more investors will enter and invest in that project.
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 01:58:53 PM

Nothing is impossible. Even though they appear in public, scams are still scams. there are many projects like that, not just bitconnect. almost all projects released in 2017 yesterday, they commit fraud. so start looking for the project first and see dev's experience, if he has a bad reputation, then don't invest there even though it looks legit.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
febriyana

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Febriyana Muhammad

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:24:05 PM

Thanks for advice, so if real faces can't guarantee the project is not scam  Huh
So that is more hard to identify where is scam project or not. Maybe the only way to check project scam or not is by identify is it ponzi or not. Bitconnect we know is like ponzi scheme. Also for more secure, invest only on known project where already trusted many years.
takngantuk

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 02:28:21 PM

Recently I was asked to send my photo and a link to my linkedin account for a some reward. They said they would post this data on their project’s website. It would not be surprising if I were there as a member of their team Grin.

OP is right, this is possible with ease: real people, with real data and dark affairs.

One new way to deceive investors, using bounty participant photos to make it look realistic. very annoying, but that's the reality. that's why we have to be more careful in providing personal data even if it's for KYC or others. always be alert because the data is very important.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:32:29 PM

I agree with op's assertion, however I would point out that ICO team members using their own, verifiable pictures and whatever other docs they release to the public is an excellent act of faith on their part.  Of course that doesn't mean investors cannot still get scammed, and examples have been pointed out where that happened. 

But when you see an ANN thread for a new project and it comes to light that the team members are all fake, or they're using cartoon avatars instead of their own pictures, that's a sure sign that the project is a scam.  That's happened more often than not as far as I can tell.

So I would say that it is *necessary* for those faces to be real, but it is not *sufficient* to ensure that a scam isn't in progress.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:38:22 PM

That's how thick their faces are, they can scam you upfront. They are the cancer of this society shame on them that they are feeding their families with that dirty money. People doing that can never sleep at night, well if they keep doing that they will land in jail soon and pay for their crimes.
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:43:42 PM

the publication of all the teams in the project is not a reference for the project to have a future, not a scam. some even give access to social media and are followed by many people then they block accounts and disappear. some projects have been like that, I think we've all seen a lot of manipulation teams in a project. usually, only a few people are real, and the rest is stolen from other project data.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
infarterr

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 03:06:15 PM

It is true, even if team members are real, they can easily run away with money. Thats why by choosing in which project to invest/promote, I am always looking at the product and the roadmap, if those conditions are legit, there is no problem.
Yes, because even though the team has shown its true face, it does not mean they will not cheat, because they are also human beings who have more desires, so the potential to cheat others is very open to do.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 03:09:35 PM

We have seen many public figures involving in scams so its not new thing and its not only in crytocurrencies but you can google it and you will find scams in every feild involving monetary transactions.The team behind the project misrepresent their objectives and false information in whitepaper and makes their project look attractive to the investors and when they raise funds they simply dissapear and don't respond and block their accounts. So what can be done in this type of scams?Just try to stay away from them.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 05:05:11 PM

You're right with what you said because majority of cryptocurrency investors believe every project which have genuine team which their identity are confirm are scam free while scam are done in varieties way (breaking agreement had investors, roadmap manipulation etc) cause a scam crypto project does not necessarily have to exit the market.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: