Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:39:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how much etherium can 5 cards of 30 mh/s can make per month ?  (Read 239 times)
totti10it (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 12:54:47 PM

if i have a rig of 5 AMD  cards each of 30 mh/s
mining etherium

how much etherium  i can find at the end of the month ?
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:18:02 PM

mining etherium

next time use google  Roll Eyes

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=150&p=0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:43:31 PM

mining etherium

Seriously, as said above, just do some searching.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1616

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 04:52:18 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2019, 05:25:34 PM by Vispilio

if i have a rig of 5 AMD  cards each of 30 mh/s
mining etherium

how much etherium  i can find at the end of the month ?

right now, for electricity at 0.12 USD / kwH you would be barely breaking even, even when undervolting and optimizing massively with Rx580's,

if you still want to be profitable gpu mining ETH at the moment, you need a location with 5-6 cents electricity rates / kwH...

regardless, you would be now looking to mine roughly 0.30 ETH / month with that setup...

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 05:41:19 PM

mining etherium

for a small operation like that, you wont make even 0.5 ETH a month, your like 2 years behind a few cards actually making a coin or two a month
BUT: Eth wont always be minable, that 0.5 ETH you mine a month could be worth 1000$ one day, or maybe you can use it in a staking pool, turn it into more ETH ($$)
What im saying is: Don't always just think of how many coins a few cards can make in 30 days, but rather what those coins could be worth in the future Wink
(goes both ways, coins could be worthless too haha)

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1411

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 07:38:56 PM

Income varies by network hashrate, I recommend using etherscan.io to track profitability variations more accurately:
https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 08:32:09 PM

mining etherium

I think it can make minus 30 usd or more, yes that is right, you will pay more than you will gain from it and if an accident happens, you might lose your house or even die because of it. Hard truth trolls will never say here.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 05:38:25 AM

mining etherium

I think it can make minus 30 usd or more, yes that is right, you will pay more than you will gain from it and if an accident happens, you might lose your house or even die because of it. Hard truth trolls will never say here.

Its very rare for a mining rig to burn a house down, especially end up killing someone while they sleep. You need to be reasonable.

I had tons and tons of rigs in the past, the most common type of fire failure was usually a melting PCIe connector, usually with modular PSUs. I checked the connectors from time to time, then got lazy and never checked and one day a GPU just kept crashing, after hours and hours of testing I discovered that a PCIe melted and it caused a bad connection which lead to the crashes. Another time a GPU fried and immediately the PSU shut off the rig since it detected a short. To my fault  I powered the rig back up and heard a loud BANG followed by a big cloud of smoke.

So as you can see, usually the rig will power off when there is an issue. And most people if not everybody due to fire codes needs a smoke detector in their place. So if a mining rig actually starts a fire, the smoke detector will wake you up and you can either put the  fire off yourself or just run outside.

But I agree with you, for little profit sometimes its best to just sell the GPU rather than deal with the headaches of when they crash in the middle of the night and you have to reboot them.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 06:44:38 AM

Its very rare for a mining rig to burn a house down, especially end up killing someone while they sleep. You need to be reasonable.

-snip-

So as you can see, usually the rig will power off when there is an issue. And most people if not everybody due to fire codes needs a smoke detector in their place. So if a mining rig actually starts a fire, the smoke detector will wake you up and you can either put the  fire off yourself or just run outside.

But I agree with you, for little profit sometimes its best to just sell the GPU rather than deal with the headaches of when they crash in the middle of the night and you have to reboot them.

It maybe safe in the 1st world fire-alam ridden countries you live in, but in different part of the world, houses and homes rarely have fire any alarms. What exists in these parts of the world are fire hydrants at the most (probably because fire alarms add up to additional electricity costs). So the threat of fire from mining rigs is a real thing.

I also agree that mining rigs are better off sold if the profit is too low. Don't just count on the calculators to project monthly profit it's important to consider down-time, freezes, and restarts that use up electricity even when not mining.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 04:07:35 AM

-snip-

It maybe safe in the 1st world fire-alam ridden countries you live in, but in different part of the world, houses and homes rarely have fire any alarms. What exists in these parts of the world are fire hydrants at the most (probably because fire alarms add up to additional electricity costs). So the threat of fire from mining rigs is a real thing.

I also agree that mining rigs are better off sold if the profit is too low. Don't just count on the calculators to project monthly profit it's important to consider down-time, freezes, and restarts that use up electricity even when not mining.

Fire detectors or fire alarms use pretty much no electricity at all. I don't know why you are saying that it's expensive to run a smoke detector because it uses so much electricity that it's better to just not have them. Doesn't make sense.

At Home Depot you can get some cheap smoke detectors for like $10 each with a bulk pak. And they usually require a 9V battery which can last like 3-5 years. So pretty much they use no power at all.

The loud noise when there is a fire might actually use up the most power but it's worth it since it's alerting you off danger and worth the cost of a new battery.
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 02:48:28 PM

-snip-

Fire detectors or fire alarms use pretty much no electricity at all. I don't know why you are saying that it's expensive to run a smoke detector because it uses so much electricity that it's better to just not have them. Doesn't make sense.

At Home Depot you can get some cheap smoke detectors for like $10 each with a bulk pak. And they usually require a 9V battery which can last like 3-5 years. So pretty much they use no power at all.

The loud noise when there is a fire might actually use up the most power but it's worth it since it's alerting you off danger and worth the cost of a new battery.

Absolutely! Arguing that some people can afford to run GPU rigs at home, but can't afford basic fire precautions is nonsense. Top tip is to use the best quality PSU you can find, and don't use anything flammable/next to the rigs (metal frames, etc) and you'll very likely be OK.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 03:06:45 PM

You have to look at mining like a hobby now and typically people do not make money doing something for fun. If you mine now do it because you think the project is cool and you think it has potential in the future and you want to support the network and community.

Just mine and hold and see what happens, but do not expect anything as things can change for good or worse in a flash.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 06:39:42 PM

Absolutely! Arguing that some people can afford to run GPU rigs at home, but can't afford basic fire precautions is nonsense. Top tip is to use the best quality PSU you can find, and don't use anything flammable/next to the rigs (metal frames, etc) and you'll very likely be OK.

psus with 100000 fail safe, now about metal frames, they are much safer than many other material out there, so i guess maybe where you live metal are made of dangerous flammable minerals.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: