Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:09:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex closing late Oct? Does anyone know more? See article.  (Read 290 times)
No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 05:20:46 AM

Seems Bittrex International is closing in late Oct:

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034545191-Bittrex-Technology-Platform-to-Power-New-Bittrex-Global-Digital-Asset-Trading-Exchange-

Does any one know more?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 05:39:28 AM

Strange, I don't see anything on their Medium or Twitter. Is this legit? The story was picked up by some smaller sites like BTCManager and Finance Magnates, but the only source is the Zendesk article.

You'd think if an exchange as big as Bittrex were rebranding and changing jurisdictions, it would warrant a bit more press.

elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 05:49:23 AM

From which part of the announcement you conclude that they're closing down? It seems like they're opening a new branch in Europe for me. If that branch becomes their only platform and they close down their US office, I don't think that's enough to call them closing down their business.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 05:50:47 AM

Based on my understanding of that article, it's not that Bittrex itself is closing, there will still be an online digital exchange called Bittrex. It seems that its just that they are changing the name of their officially registered company name from Bittrex Internation to Bittrex Global.

Also seems like all customers need to do is just sign up for the new platform once available.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 06:01:02 AM

From which part of the announcement you conclude that they're closing down? It seems like they're opening a new branch in Europe for me.

This is what it says:

The launch of Bittrex Global is expected to coincide with the closure of Bittrex International (Malta) operations in late October.

My hunch is this is a fake article. It's laying the grounds for a scam exchange called "Bittrex Global" where gullible signups will be scammed out of their deposits.

If Bittrex were moving from Malta, they wouldn't rebrand and make their whole user base sign up again on a different site.....

febriyana

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Febriyana Muhammad

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 06:47:56 AM

That is like rebranding or changing old names.
But if that is official announcement they atleast put in their site or blog/twitter. In zendesk i think that is hard people want read it. Maybe only small people know who try clicking the update news one by one.
There is also if bittrex migration to other site, that is weird why we must re-register.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 07:17:45 AM

This will be a wise move. because Bittrex International has been strictly inspected by the SEC and law enforcement agencies. closing it and opening Bittrex Global in the future with more functions and incentives is a better policy.
they will be more free and not tied too much to the terms. do you guys think so ?

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 07:31:39 AM

This will be a wise move. because Bittrex International has been strictly inspected by the SEC and law enforcement agencies. closing it and opening Bittrex Global in the future with more functions and incentives is a better policy.
they will be more free and not tied too much to the terms. do you guys think so ?
I agree with you . Bittrex is currently under government control so they cannot implement many good policies in this exchange. Some unqualified coins are delist from this exchange so when Bittrex Global launches they will be more comfortable listing good coins. I personally support this decision because they are trying to compete with other exchanges in the near future.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
watergold

Activity: 1218
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 07:54:12 AM

I agree with you . Bittrex is currently under government control so they cannot implement many good policies in this exchange. Some unqualified coins are delist from this exchange so when Bittrex Global launches they will be more comfortable listing good coins. I personally support this decision because they are trying to compete with other exchanges in the near future.

I consider this good news Bittrex will launch Bittrex Global like other exchanges which use the name Global Bittrex Global will be free to add good coins / tokens, because I know that Bittrex International rarely adds coins / tokens, Bittrex Global will become competition with other stock exchanges and I want to hear this news quickly in October.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
1xBit.com BENEFIT SEASON
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
PLAY NOW
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 08:19:15 AM

As per the article:

The launch of Bittrex Global is expected to coincide with the closure of Bittrex International (Malta) operations in late October. Bittrex Global has indicated that it plans to offer customers of Bittrex International the opportunity to become Bittrex Global customers.  Bittrex Global is also offering any existing coins/tokens listed on Bittrex International the opportunity to apply for approval to list on Bittrex Global.
They are relaunching a new platform here but it doesn't mean that they are closing their doors. They wanted to be in front of the competition here so it makes sense that they will adapt a new business model to cope up with their growing customers and of course the competition. So nothing to worry here, maybe just rebranding which is just a norm to any business not just crypto exchange platforms.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 09:49:11 AM

From which part of the announcement you conclude that they're closing down? It seems like they're opening a new branch in Europe for me. If that branch becomes their only platform and they close down their US office, I don't think that's enough to call them closing down their business.

I agree, I don't consider it closing or ceasing operation totally. They are closing the  Bittrex International (Malta) operations this late October but they are launching the Bittrex Global a European exchange base in Liechtenstein. Bittrex Inc will give  licensed technology platform to Bittrex Global to operate. I think they are expanding to a new place where opportunity,law and taxation is favorable to them.

Open for Campaigns
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 10:02:43 AM

Bittrex Global has indicated that it plans to offer customers of Bittrex International the opportunity to become Bittrex Global customers.
Bittrex international customers will have to scratch their head once they found out about this. They would require everyone to register and get verified again?

Quote from: exstasie  link=topic=5192239.msg52731292#msg52731292 date=1570860062
~snip
~

My hunch is this is a fake article. It's laying the grounds for a scam exchange called "Bittrex Global" where gullible signups will be scammed out of their deposits.

If Bittrex were moving from Malta, they wouldn't rebrand and make their whole user base sign up again on a different site.....
The article looks legit to me. It's the same site they use for other articles and blogs posted on their official twitter account.

Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 12:43:10 PM

Yeah, they're closing the old one to create a new one. I thought the are closing, like halting all of their operations for good or something bad happen like bankruptcy or hacking. But they just announced that to introduce the new one. From Bittrex international to Bittrex Global. Seems they are trying to be on the level of top major exchanges out there. But I think they need to consider their users from their old platform. Do they have to perform KYC/AML procedure again? That will be hassle for them.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 01:15:52 PM

Yeah, they're closing the old one to create a new one. I thought the are closing, like halting all of their operations for good or something bad happen like bankruptcy or hacking. But they just announced that to introduce the new one. From Bittrex international to Bittrex Global. Seems they are trying to be on the level of top major exchanges out there. But I think they need to consider their users from their old platform. Do they have to perform KYC/AML procedure again? That will be hassle for them.

It seems the news has come out earlier than the official announcement coming from the exchange itself. I have an account with Bittrex and I have not received a heads up email about this plan of theirs. There is not even a notification in their site about it. I think there is a leak of information and a few news site are sharing about it, publishing it even before the site can even open the plan to its users and the larger public.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 01:24:10 PM

Very strange of them to not tweet about this or notify their customers more actively. I wonders what happens to all the data they gathered on Bittrex International.
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2019, 01:33:04 PM

I agree, I don't consider it closing or ceasing operation totally. They are closing the  Bittrex International (Malta) operations this late October but they are launching the Bittrex Global a European exchange base in Liechtenstein. Bittrex Inc will give  licensed technology platform to Bittrex Global to operate. I think they are expanding to a new place where opportunity,law and taxation is favorable to them.

I thought Malta was the best place for the crypto companies that is more like an offshore. Malta laws I think don't bother them just as binance were staying in Malta.

Global looks like they level up. I just wish our coins stuck in there and our documents in the bittrex international be safe and will also be integrated to this new Bittrex Global that we don't have to submit another KYC documents.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 01:40:13 PM

Very misleading info In your tittle -

They already have 2 Branches 1. Bittrex US 2. Bittrex International

They are changing the name From Bittrex International to Bittrex Global. Maybe because they thought it's odd to use 'International' when they can use 'Global' which is sound more perfect. Though tokens/coins in Bittrex International is not going to list on Bittrex Global automatically. Coins/tokens have to apply again for approval. Which is the main reason I think people should give attention to? Other than that this is not that serious that's why they're not sending the news out few times in Social media.

SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 02:08:57 PM

no they don't close, they just want to create a bigger new business with greater influence in Europe. You know, they are under so much pressure from the US government. they are often overly controlled and subject to numerous orders imposed by the US government. Perhaps that is why they decided to start a new business.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 05:01:26 PM

Excerpt from the article:
The launch of Bittrex Global is expected to coincide with the closure of Bittrex International (Malta) operations in late October. https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034545191-Bittrex-Technology-Platform-to-Power-New-Bittrex-Global-Digital-Asset-Trading-Exchange-

From that we can conclude that they are closing "Bittrex International" in Malta to open another exchange called "Bittrex global".

The news may not be true as someone above said. Someone could have posted that to see the reaction of people. Or it came from a genuine source who wants to gradually break the news
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 12, 2019, 05:26:25 PM

Very misleading info In your tittle -

They already have 2 Branches 1. Bittrex US 2. Bittrex International

They are changing the name From Bittrex International to Bittrex Global. Maybe because they thought it's odd to use 'International' when they can use 'Global' which is sound more perfect. Though tokens/coins in Bittrex International is not going to list on Bittrex Global automatically. Coins/tokens have to apply again for approval. Which is the main reason I think people should give attention to? Other than that this is not that serious that's why they're not sending the news out few times in Social media.

If that's the case, then that is a great news and a welcomed development. But it if it's just a change of name as you implied, then tokens and coins shouldn't be affected since it's still same platform but with a new name..
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: